The Caledonian Thistles -vs- The Dunfermline Athletics

48 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Bold predicition m9, any tips for the games this weekend?

My tip for this weekend is if you're planning on coming up for the game then don't bother as going by previous pars posters you will be very lonely.

As for predictions then I can quite safely predict that Dunfermline will never win the Scottish cup and finish third in the top flight in either of our lifetimes..... How do you like them apples???

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Barrowman was absolutely garbage for us.  Brewster was a good player but a poor manager.  What about Graham Bayne?

Random fact. Got my garage insulated and one of the joiners spotted my pars top and said he was good pals with Bayne. He’s from Kirkcaldy.

He scored a peach against Airdrie.

Home side took the lead. Did they aye. :lol:

This was the game Cardle was spotted for us, took the piss out of right back Greg Ross.

26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Random fact. Got my garage insulated and one of the joiners spotted my pars top and said he was good pals with Bayne. He’s from Kirkcaldy.

This was the game Cardle was spotted for us, took the piss out of right back Greg Ross.

Graham Bayne tae. Really liked him. Remember his absolute peach in a 3-0 hounding of St Johnstone in Perth? Not to mention his penalty in the Scottish Cup quarters at Aberdeen. 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He had a nightmare that day but we'd have been down weeks earlier if it wasn't for his performances tbf.

Absolutely this. He was outstanding that season and it was just unfortunate that he made a mistake in that game. At half-time all was well too - we were 1-0 up, and St Mirren were behind at Motherwell. Horrible second half and journey home.

Good to see highlights of the semi-final posted further back in the thread. We were a bit fortunate to get a replay as we were poor at Hampden, and ICT were very good, and we only started getting to grips with the replay after we equalised. Barry Nicholson's goal was, of course, majestic, but what about the pass from Gary Dempsey for Brewster's goal? Sublime.

What a brilliant night that was. I even managed to get out of school early to catch the bus up from Kincardine for it. I never thought I'd see the Pars go to a Hampden cup final or play in Europe, so to know we had that to come at the age I was, was pretty special.

Best player to play for both? Brewster. No question. I seem to recall him scoring a pretty good goal for ICT against us in a 0-2 defeat in what was their first game back in Inverness after the Pittodrie groundshare? That, and the loss we had at Pittodrie that season, were both utterly dismal performances from the Pars. 

Mental that no one has mentioned Richie Byrne.

ETA: Actually, did he ever feature for us? I remember we signed him but (thankfully) can't recall him in an ICT shirt.

Edited by RiG

My tip for this weekend is if you're planning on coming up for the game then don't bother as going by previous pars posters you will be very lonely.
As for predictions then I can quite safely predict that Dunfermline will never win the Scottish cup and finish third in the top flight in either of our lifetimes..... How do you like them apples???

Fascinated that you took me seriously.

I wasn’t being serious, to avoid any doubt and ensure you stop making yourself look silly.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Was at that game, Cardle was outstanding. 

McIntyre revealing how he signed McDougall and Cardle was hilarious. 

I was slightly too young for the semi final vs the pars so my fondest memory was probably this.
I wonder whatever happened to Lee Cox

We sold him to Swindon.

He kicked about the lower leagues in the EFL for a while before going down to the non leagues.

That was the season opener for 09/10 if Im not mistaken. 

We got ragdolled but young Coxy popped up at the end. We were utter shite until November, then we just clicked one day, can't remember who against, and that was us until about the summer of 2015.

That was the season opener for 09/10 if Im not mistaken. 
We got ragdolled but young Coxy popped up at the end. We were utter shite until November, then we just clicked one day, can't remember who against, and that was us until about the summer of 2015.

I think it was Ayr away when we pumped them 5-1 when we started to click. Was also the game where Adam Rooney decided he likes to score goals

Mental that no one has mentioned Richie Byrne.

ETA: Actually, did he ever feature for us? I remember we signed him but (thankfully) can't recall him in an ICT shirt.

I think I’m right in saying that he never actually made it on to the field for us. He was on the bench a few times but also got injured and loaned to St Johnstone for a while as I recall.

I think it was Ayr away when we pumped them 5-1 when we started to click. Was also the game where Adam Rooney decided he likes to score goals

More like Butcher decided to have Rooney starting most games.

He was on the bench for a fair amount of the games up until Christmas I believe.