The Caledonian Thistles -vs- The Dunfermline Athletics

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Interesting, who's at right back?

Danny Devine. 

Two of his poor mistakes have led to Inverness having chances. 

I appreciate that some people reckon he's good enough as back up but he needs jettisoned double quick. 

Danny Devine. 

I appreciate that some people reckon he's good enough as back up but he needs jettisoned double quick. 
HA! RIGHT BACK! CRAW OUT

Danny Devine. 

HA! RIGHT BACK! CRAW OUT

Danny Devine. 

He’s dross. For him to have gotten a 2 year deal is one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen.
Stuck with him another year [emoji23] It’s actually laughable and infact, he isn’t even one of the worst players we have makes it even worse.

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Hilarious goal to concede. 

Gill rolls it out to Morrison who has a horrendous backpass that amount to chipping it at Gills face, Austin then has the fairly simple task of tapping it in. 

Oh bore off, if Crawford was to win this one what it change your mind? Its the absolute epitome of a  worthless end of season fixture where we're giving some fringe players a chance, who have royally fucked up. 

Maybe Morrison forgot what he was doing up there as least he didn't score not sure I could take the inverness fan scoring an own goal

At least that's the season over. Interesting team selection to the say the least, particularly with Danny Devine at right back, and not all that much happened overall.

Poor goal to concede and a shame it involved Gill and Morrison. I thought Higgy tried his best to make things happen but, other than that, meh.

Glad that we won't have to see another 1-0 defeat until July at least tbh.

It's probably instinctual to him to never handle a backpass. Keepers presumably have that drilled in to them regularly.

It most likely took him totally off guard as well, meaning he just went with his instincts not to handle it.

He had a good game in general though, and made a cracking save in the second half.

It's probably instinctual to him to never handle a backpass. Keepers presumably have that drilled in to them regularly.
It most likely took him totally off guard as well, meaning he just went with his instincts not to handle it.
He had a good game in general though, and made a cracking save in the second half.

Aye. It's easy to say in hindsight to just catch it, but it goes against his natural instinct, can't attach much blame but probably a slight learning point if he faces such a scenario again.

Surely it would be a red? Denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity without any legal attempt at actually playing the ball. 

Nope

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/laws-of-the-game/2018-19/ifab-laws-of-the-game-2018-19.ashx

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area) • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose
overall movement is towards the offender’s goal by an offence punishable by
a free kick (unless as outlined below). • serious foul play
• biting or spitting at someone • violent conduct
• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures • receiving a second caution in the same match
• entering the video operation room (VOR)
A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.