The Caledonian Thistles -vs- The Dunfermline Athletics

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The bus on the other hand takes over 4 hours (yes, FOUR)

That amazingly averages out to <25 mph.

That's because the bus goes into every single hamlet on the way through to Aberdeen. A total joke of a service. I got it once when I was a student. Never again.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I'd rather fucking walk to Aberdeen that have to get a bus.

If I was going to be walking, I'd rather it was away from Aberdeen. 

17 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's effectively triple that.

A 100 mile round trip from either Aberdeen or Inverness would only get you to Keith (I did that commute for a few months), so it's a 200 mile round trip from Inverness to Aberdeen.  However, the A96 is a dreadful mostly single-carriageway road and I think most people presume it's dualled all the way, when the reality is that you'll be stuck doing 30mph behind a horsebox at Pitcaple, a tractor at Keith, shoppers in Elgin and a trail of scone-hunters at Morgan McVeighs.

It's a measure of Dunfermline's season that bus journey times chat is a highlight of a match thread. 

If I remember correctly wasn’t it Rory McAllister who scored the goal to send the Pars to relegation from the premier league? I might be wrong

Also first post hi

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It's a measure of Dunfermline's season that bus journey times chat is a highlight of a match thread. 

Would you rather a crowd w**k?

Then again that's more a Falkirk (scrabbling for relevance) kind of thing.

Edited by micaley68

20 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The bus on the other hand takes over 4 hours (yes, FOUR)

That amazingly averages out to <25 mph.

9 hours ago, RiG said:

That's because the bus goes into every single hamlet on the way through to Aberdeen. A total joke of a service. I got it once when I was a student. Never again.

I took that bus once and it was absolutely hellish.  We must've visited every bus stop in the north east.  About three and a half hours into the journey we came by the Royal Infirmary and the airport.  "Ah," I thought, "not long now."

We didn't arrive into Aberdeen bus station for another two hours.

4 hours ago, Pulp said:

If I remember correctly wasn’t it Rory McAllister who scored the goal to send the Pars to relegation from the premier league? I might be wrong

Also first post hi

It was, but a big reflection as I recall.  The Hastings free kick that we equalised with was a farce.  Straight down the throat of Dorus De Vries who inconceivably threw it over his shoulder.

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

It was, but a big reflection as I recall.  The Hastings free kick that we equalised with was a farce.  Straight down the throat of Dorus De Vries who inconceivably threw it over his shoulder.

He had a nightmare that day but we'd have been down weeks earlier if it wasn't for his performances tbf.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He had a nightmare that day but we'd have been down weeks earlier if it wasn't for his performances tbf.

I remember a couple of games against us that season he was outstanding.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I remember a couple of games against us that season he was outstanding.

Aye he was incredible for us, moved to Swansea as there starting keeper which was no mean feat for a relegated keeper, went on to have a good career. 

At half time in that game we had moved upto 11th for the first time in months, at full time we were relegated. Football can be cruel. 

Best player to play for both clubs?

Nat Wedderburn or Danny Devine IMO

There’s not many to pick from, however Andy barrowman would probably be my pick from those I’m aware of only 1 to play top flight for both?. Unless Brewster was player/manager ?

Shaun Rooney obviously just misses out...