The Caledonian Thistles -vs- The Dunfermline Athletics

25 minutes ago, sophia said:

give or take our increasingly fragile captain and left back whose season, if the P&J is to be believed, could well be over

If that is the case, then the remaining games will have McHattie at LB or move our best performing CB, McCart to LB; with Mckay and Donaldson CB whilst Rooney is RB.

Neither situation is ideal TBQHWY

Ach that's a pain about Tremarco but don't think we should move McCart out there. He's excelled over the course of the season. As Tarmo says move McHattie there and keep McCart in the middle with Donaldson.

2 minutes ago, OwenDAFC said:

Comfortable home win, 2-0. Pars to barely muster a shot on target and the players to run down the tunnel without so much as a glance towards the 47 fans who travel.

I remember that game.

11 minutes ago, OwenDAFC said:

Comfortable home win, 2-0. Pars to barely muster a shot on target and the players to run down the tunnel without so much as a glance towards the 47 fans who travel.

No time for needy fans who need the players to give them a wee clap at the end. Anyone travelling is off their head and would be better placed checking out Culloden or going on a wee hike.

20 hours ago, DAFC. said:

As for the game, couldn’t give a rat’s arse and all I would say is that I hope some of the younger players on the fringes of first team football get a run out for some experience. Hopefully Crawford’s last game in charge as well.

Roll on the summer speculation spectacular!

Dearie me.

How are the mighty fallen.

I well remember Stevie Crawford's halcyon days for the Pars when he shone along with the twat Brewster and especially in the heartbreaker 2004 SC semi for us where the twat scored in both games.

How many times have we seen player legends disappear into the black hole of football management?? 

No time for needy fans who need the players to give them a wee clap at the end. Anyone travelling is off their head and would be better placed checking out Culloden or going on a wee hike.

In normal circumstances I’d agree. They’re extremely lucky ANYONE is going to travel all that way to watch them on Saturday though, & the least they should do is acknowledge them. In fact they should be begging for forgiveness after the shite we’ve endured this season.

I don't care if the players clap the fans. Agree that it's totally unnecessary. Most players do so only because they're told to, so it's a hollow piece of pantomime for simpletons.

Miss wee Josh doing the raised fist though.

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dearie me.

How are the mighty fallen.

I well remember Stevie Crawford's halcyon days for the Pars when he shone along with the twat Brewster and especially in the heartbreaker 2004 SC semi for us where the twat scored in both games.

How many times have we seen player legends disappear into the black hole of football management?? 

Crawford and Brewster are one of the best non-OF strike partnerships in recent history.

The first game I'd imagine was a sare yin for Caley but we battered you in the replay. Barry Nicholson's greatest moment in a Pars shirt.

8 minutes ago, OwenDAFC said:

In normal circumstances I’d agree. They’re extremely lucky ANYONE is going to travel all that way to watch them on Saturday though, & the least they should do is acknowledge them. In fact they should be begging for forgiveness after the shite we’ve endured this season.

I'd rather they treated the fans with utter disdain and actually tried a bit on the pitch. I don't think most of them will be there next season so I can't imagine they'll care one bit if there's 200 or 2,000 away fans at the game.

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

ICT were very good in that first leg, at the time Brews equaliser was the most mental I'd ever went after a goal. 

I was at that game.  Remember going bonkers when Paul Ritchie scored.  It was just before half time and he ran round the back of the goals in celebration and towards the section I was in.  Remember going to into the toilets at half time and a guy came in shouting "Caley Thistle against Barcelona tickets on sale here!".

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Some amount of Pars fans at that first game. We were lucky but the replay we destroyed ICT and wasn't as close as the scoreline would suggest. 

Was over 9k I think. Was a decent effort.

41 minutes ago, smpar said:

That used to make me weak at the knees.

I still do it in the hope that a current player will start doing it, but it wouldn't be the same.

51 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was over 9k I think. Was a decent effort.

That's an outstanding effort for anyone outside the OF bigots, especially with it being at Hampden and not (ideally) at Easter Road or Tynecastle.