Todays scores 27/4

GNU_Linux

5 hours ago, glensmad said:

Rutherglen Glencairn 4 Cumbernauld United 0
(Scorers - Jay McKay 2, Jordan Leyden, Dale Simeon)

Pictures and full match report to follow.

Congratulations to all at Glencairn, a few shandies tonight I'm guessing!! Well deserved throughout the season and solid performance today. All the best guys. 

Carnoustie Panmure 0 Lochee United 4

Lochee United took another step towards a possible Superleague title with a comprehensive win over Angus rivals Carnoustie.

The Bluebells had to start the game without skipper and ‘five-goals-in-two-games’ Greg Kirk but he was soon on the park as a replacement for the injured Danny Millar.

The game was fairly even at first but Lochee almost made the breakthrough on 14 minutes when a long ball from keeper Jordan Millar caught out Gowfers’ full back Michael Cruickshank, leaving Danny Cavanagh through on Jamie Robbie, but the Lochee midfielder lobbed the ball wide of the target.

Kieran McWalter and the tireless Cavanagh both had shots on goal for the Bluebells blocked by the Gowfers’ defence and Garry Kenneth headed over from a Dougie Cameron corner.

With Cameron pulling the strings in midfield and Jamie Winter doing likewise for Carnoustie, the game was deadlocked. However, a loose pass from Scott Webster almost let Ryan Dignan in for Panmure’s first chance of the game.

Two goals in two minutes swung the tie in Lochee’s favour, however. On 32 minutes Grant LAWSON moved down the left wing, cut in on his right foot and sent in a ball across the face of goal which keeper Robbie, possibly with one eye on a lurking Connor Birse, missed completely, the ball ending up in the back of his net.

Then Birse sent LAWSON through and he deftly chipped the ball over the head of Robbie.

Lawson might have had a hat-trick just two minutes later but he unselfishly headed a Birse cross into the path of Reece Ritchie who saw his goalbound effort blocked.

Just on half time Lochee lost their second defender with Webster being replaced by Ross McDonald.

At the start of the second half Lawson repaid Birse by skipping up the left and laying the ball on a plate, but it bounced off Birse’s shin and was easily collected by Robbie.

On 62 minutes Lochee were awarded a free kick on the edge of the Carnoustie box and CAMERON executed the kick perfectly, giving Robbie no chance.

A McDonald shot had Robbie scrambling to turn the ball away for a corner as Lochee took control of the game and they wrapped things up with a fourth goal after 83 minutes. Stephen McNally sent BIRSE away down the right and he coolly finished in the far corner.

Birse almost grabbed a second three minutes later after being set up by Lawson, but Robbie brilliantly saved his close-in header with his legs.

This was the first of three games in two weeks between these two and this win will give Lochee belief that they can succeed in the other two.

Having played three games in five days and won them all with a goal tally of 13 for and none against, confidence has never been higher at Thomson Park.

Carnoustie Panmure: Robbie, Steel, Cruickshank, McCabe, Dailly, Hearn, Martin, Winter (Scott 62), Dignan, McPhee, Mair.

Lochee United: J Millar, D Millar (Kirk 6), Kenneth, McNally, Webster (McDonald 44), Ritchie, Cameron, Lawson, McWalter (Davie 78), Cavanagh, Birse.

5 minutes ago, Zicco said:

ALWAYS CHEATED NEVER DEFEATED emoji53.pngemoji23.png
just admit it your just not good enough pumped by the Buffs draw against Meadow IMG_3907.jpg

Current champions sounds Good enough to me........ I feel good enough with that....have saw my club win every trophy the junior grade has to offer. 

Try better AGAIN next time dafty :lol::thumsup2

Have never ever saw such a biased ref performance in my life as much as the ref today at meadow Park, he was a downright homer and he never even tried to hide it..... Incredible...... 

Can you Wonder at any referee’s bias when he has to put up with the behaviour of your players and club coaching staff?

After losing Green, being sent off for two yellow cards (the first long overdue as he’d been kicking anything that moves from the first minute), the team’s time wasting antics were deplorable. Someone, looked like Green but I stand to be corrected if not, walked along the side of the pitch to retrieve a ball that had gone out for a throwin, stopping a player from going for it. The ref sent him back over the wall. If it was an official, it was a sending off and if it was Green, a second sending off. That same person somehow managed to obtain a ball from the dugout which he twice threw onto the pitch whilst Medda were on the attack in an attempt to have the move stopped.

He also tried to keep the ball away from Jared Willet on the away side terracing after Jared had gone to retrieve it.

Additionally, Grindlay took a walk to the car park in a time wasting effort looking for a ball that had gone over the back of the terracing, despite the fact that a spare ball had been kicked onto the pitch. He got a warning, but was due a yellow card. Grindlay took so much time to take his goal kicks that it was brilliant to see a stunning equaliser come in the time added on for your team’s deliberate time wasting.

3 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Can you Wonder at a referee’s bias when he has to put up with the behaviour of your players and club coaching staff?

After losing Green, being sent off for two yellow cards (the first long overdue as he’d been kicking anything that moves from the first minute), the team’s time wasting antics were deplorable. Someone, looked like Green but I stand to be corrected if not, walked along the side of the pitch to retrieve a ball that had gone out for a throwin, stopping a player from going for it. The ref sent him back over the wall. If it was an official, it was a sending off and if it was Green, a second sending off. That same person somehow managed to obtain a ball from the dugout which he twice threw onto the pitch whilst Medda were on the attack in an attempt to have the move stopped.

He also tried to keep the ball away from Jared Willet on the away side terracing after Jared had gone to retrieve it.

Additionally, Grindlay took a walk to the car park in a time wasting effort looking for a ball that had gone over the back of the terracing, despite the fact that a spare ball had been kicked onto the pitch. He got a warning, but was due a yellow card. Grindlay took so much time to take his goal kicks that it was brilliant to see a stunning equaliser come in the time added on for your team’s deliberate time wasting.

Utter nonsense, the ref who's from Irvine who was calling willet and others by their forenames gave meadow every single big decision, if you can't see that you're a bit simple to be honest, a penalty that was terribly soft for meadow and denied milikens stonewaller where he was barged down. 

A total homer of a ref. If it takes our goalie to hunt a ball in your car park you've either got very lazy committee or fans as I would be retrieving it big time if my team were chasing a game, your team celebrated a last gasp goal v ten men like it was a Scottish cup winner, no chance of that though as your club spunked mega thousands in trying to land the scottish and failed miserably :lol:

Glad your honest enough to admit the referee was biased today, worst performance from an official I've ever seen and that's saying something considering how old I am, the Meadow penalty decision was a joke he was the only one that saw anything then the stonewall penalty that we should have been given beggars belief , he was a disgrace don't know where he comes from ???  but I hope we never see him again anytime soon, his general demeanour and arrogance towards Beith all game was shameful, Meadow committed many fouls today as well and not once did he even contemplate booking anyone, no qualms with the meadow players they've had a fine season and I'm pleased to see them back where they belong.

Utter nonsense, the ref who's from Irvine who was calling willet and others by their forenames gave meadow every single big decision, if you can't see that you're a bit simple to be honest, a penalty that was terribly soft for meadow and denied milikens stonewaller where he was barged down. 

A total homer of a ref. If it takes our goalie to hunt a ball in your car park you've either got very lazy committee or fans as I would be retrieving it big time if my team were chasing a game, your team celebrated a last gasp goal v ten men like it was a Scottish cup winner, no chance of that though as your club spunked mega thousands in trying to land the scottish and failed miserably :lol:

You lot were like Talbot fans with your ludicrous shout for a penalty. Milliken was not due a penalty for that fall in the box.
As for the goalie going looking for a ball, there was another ball on the park within seconds and there was a man looking for the ball already. Maybe Mr Green could have thrown on the ball your management gave him to throw on.

16 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

You lot were like Talbot fans with your ludicrous shout for a penalty. Milliken was not due a penalty for that fall in the box.
As for the goalie going looking for a ball, there was another ball on the park within seconds and there was a man looking for the ball already. Maybe Mr Green could have thrown on the ball your management gave him to throw on.

Talbot fans while you had two King talbots on the field in whining terms in latta and spence who want their own whistle :lol:

As for the fall in the box it was a blatant body check, unlike your pen where nobody even appealed for it or saw it other than the Irvine based ref. 

You honestly can't make this up, even on an earlier post you admitted that the ref was biased in favour of your team. Amen . 

2 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Talbot fans while you had two King talbots on the field in whining terms in latta and spence who want their own whistle :lol:

As for the fall in the box it was a blatant body check, unlike your pen where nobody even appealed for it or saw it other than the Irvine based ref. 

You honestly can't make this up, even on an earlier post you admitted that the ref was biased in favour of your team. Amen . 

Hope your management team weren't shouting at the ref. I know you don't like it when Chris Strain does that.

44 minutes ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

I hear what you ar

Yep our record against Clydebank in recent important games is very poor.No point attributing much to today’s game as it’s hard to know what goes through players minds when they are just playing out the season.