Queens v Partick

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, a measure of how bad the other ten were, is that even he could make no impact.

Dry your eyes Mr Mundell x

6 minutes ago, JessieField said:

On the positive side, Dobbie now has an extra 2 matches (maybe 4) to get another couple of goals to break the record for goals scored in one season.  I fully expect him to do it.

Mon the Mo x

Genuinely couldn't believe how bad Queens were but at the same time we got a few breaks withe ball rebounding to big Nigel for the first goal and the ball  rebounding off McDonald for the second goal.

Much love for Bannigan taking his 117th booking of the season for diving into the crowd after the 3rd goal... I know there is an obvious answer here but have we scored a penalty in a league game since Connor Sammon vs Hamilton last year? Think Doolan scored one in the cup?

1 hour ago, the philosopher said:

Thistle  number 8 totally ran the match  in first half.

Queens had no one to match him.

He dominates almost every game to be fair. If it wasn’t for his 2 bad knee injuries he would be playing down south by now 

Genuinely couldn't believe how bad Queens were but at the same time we got a few breaks withe ball rebounding to big Nigel for the first goal and the ball  rebounding off McDonald for the second goal.
Much love for Bannigan taking his 117th booking of the season for diving into the crowd after the 3rd goal... I know there is an obvious answer here but have we scored a penalty in a league game since Connor Sammon vs Hamilton last year? Think Doolan scored one in the cup?

Doolan vs Alloa in December.

44 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Genuinely couldn't believe how bad Queens were

That's because you've been lucky enough not to watch us too often.  Only QOS could  have a centenary season that could include a still potentially record breaking striker and relegation. 

Utterly astonishing stuff.

Thought we did a comfortable job today, and was surprised at how easy it actually was. No failures in a Jags shirt today, (which was the complete opposite from last week), and an especially good performance from Bannigan, who had his best match in ages and topped it off with a rare goal.

Definitely have to echo the comments about how bad Queens were. Based on recent comments on here, and the likes of the County game on tv recently, I knew they weren’t exactly a good team, but for a crunch match like today, that level of ineptitude was staggering. Dobbie had clearly been rushed back, and looked miles off the pace, while the rest of the squad struggled to create one solitary chance between them. It was definitely the right move to chuck Naysmith tonight - surely anything else is a preferable option heading into 4 playoff games.

I’m undecided on how I want Queens to fare in the playoffs. Someone like Montrose or Forfar coming up would be a weaker team for us to face next season, but at the same time Dumfries is an excellent away day and would be missed.

At the end of the day, just delighted to get this miserable season over with.

Absolutely wonderful to (hopefully) contribute towards the relegation of a Tory-voting, no-mark of a club.

Does Skyline Drifter still post on here? Always one of the most one sided and tedious posters on the forum - terrific news that we might not have to suffer him any longer.

What a delightful day in Dumfries that was. Never expected it to be more or less over in the first half, surprised as I feel Queens usually give us a tough game. Couldn't have asked for more from our players yesterday and the previous games, so much more fight in us than at the end of last season. Hard to see from the terrace but apparently Sneddon pulled off a brilliant save to keep it 2-0, feel it was crucial we gave them no opportunity at all to get back into it. I think pretty much every Jags fan in the stadium filmed the penalty and celebrations after, a thoroughly good watch tbh. 

Scotrail are an abomination for only putting on two carriages on the way down though, people standing for near two hours and passengers unable to get on at virtually every stop on the way down. 

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would still prefer a half fit Dobbie to no Dobbie at all. The fact is we created the square root of f**k all for him anyway. The majority of the time the ball was being punted up the park, Dykes was failing to win any flicks and the ball was getting nowhere near Dobbie.

A fully fit Dobbs wouldn't have altered that result today.

He wasn't even half fit. As someone said above, it was like having 9 men on the pitch. In hindsight we'd have been better going with the team that played Dunfermline two weeks ago.