Queens v Partick

My understanding is that terracing is very much used as an overflow rather than an “either/or” option.

I’ve shared my views several times already but in cases where it is clear the terracing will be needed I think it would be nice to make it an “either/or” option.

If we drop to the seaside this could be the last big crowd we see for a very long time. Why not be accommodating hosts?

Further ticket update out - we have 350 terracing tickets for pre sale , QoS have said tickets will be available on the day but not said whether it's PATG, the implication there seems like it'll be a Tickets from a portakabin job in case 2500 folk turn up. 

Also if you bought for the stand but want to swap for the terracing, you can't, so f**k you and f**k your family too (may be paraphrasing here). 

Anyway, the ref is Andrew Dallas so might as well not play the game and just draw the result out of a hat. 

Why are so many Scottish clubs determined to make it as difficult and inconvenient as possible for fans to attend matches? This is exactly the type of fixture that the casual fan would be interested in. 

32 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Further ticket update out - we have 350 terracing tickets for pre sale , QoS have said tickets will be available on the day but not said whether it's PATG, the implication there seems like it'll be a Tickets from a portakabin job in case 2500 folk turn up. 

Also if you bought for the stand but want to swap for the terracing, you can't, so f**k you and f**k your family too (may be paraphrasing here). 

Anyway, the ref is Andrew Dallas so might as well not play the game and just draw the result out of a hat. 

It always is m9

1 minute ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

It always is m9

Fair enough, wasn't at the game earlier in the season, the cup game last year was all ticket and the last game we played at Palmerston before that was 2012 so not exactly fresh in the memory 

Not exactly a portacabin as such but tickets  are normally bought  at a ticket booth at a window behind the East Stand (BDS Digital stand). I'm sure there have been occasions in the not too distant past though where a portacabin has been situated near the open terracing because of the numbers expected to turn up.  In any case no cash taken at the turnstiles,  a ticket must be purchased first.  I think anyone wishing to pay by card can only do so by purchasing their ticket at the ticket desk in the Arena. 

Why are so many Scottish clubs determined to make it as difficult and inconvenient as possible for fans to attend matches? This is exactly the type of fixture that the casual fan would be interested in. 
There's nothing stopping neutrals going along. If anything, Queens have done well by giving Thistle tickets in advance which will cut down queues at the ticket office on the day.

Well in that case there's no bother, I'll probably get my tickets in advance if I can so I can avoid the queues and stay in the boozer til the last minute. If the reduced capacity of the terrace is 1500 then there's no chance we'll sell out both stand and terracing. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not exactly a portacabin as such but tickets  are normally bought  at a ticket booth at a window behind the East Stand (BDS Digital stand). I'm sure there have been occasions in the not too distant past though where a portacabin has been situated near the open terracing because of the numbers expected to turn up.  In any case no cash taken at the turnstiles,  a ticket must be purchased first.  I think anyone wishing to pay by card can only do so by purchasing their ticket at the ticket desk in the Arena. 

I'm not conscious of any instance of a separate portacabin having been opened for additional sales point but I've maybe forgotten something! There are three ticket offices (one in the Arena, one behind the home side of the BDS Digital Stand and one behind the away side of the BDS Digital Stand). All of them will be open on Saturday but Partick Thistle fans will ONLY be able to purchase tickets from the ticket office at the rear of the Away end of the BDS Digital Stand. It has no card facilities so will be cash sales only.

It is likely, but not certain, that only terracing tickets will be available for Thistle fans on match day. I imagine the Stand tickets will be sold out before then.

As Fuctifano says, Thistle have been sent 350 tickets for the Terrace and should have those on sale now. There will be plenty of Terracing tickets available for Thistle fans on Saturday but it's absolutely not feasible to sell 1,000 plus tickets on a matchday in the time frame so given the interest in this game it was inevitable tickets had to go to Thistle for advance sale.

The Arena ticket office will take card payments as it has a card machine but that office will have no tickets for away fans on the day so it is a facility only available to home fans unfortunately on this occasion.

Not a complaint and it doesn't really affect me but is there a reason the BDS stand doesn't have card machines? Even some homeless people and charities have them in London so I assume the wireless ones are quite cheap to operate?
Homeless people have card readers?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:
Not a complaint and it doesn't really affect me but is there a reason the BDS stand doesn't have card machines? Even some homeless people and charities have them in London so I assume the wireless ones are quite cheap to operate?

Homeless people have card readers?

Aye that one may have been a lie :lol:

In Sweden they do though... https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/18/izettle-mobile-payments-homeless-sweden

I'm assuming police/steward costs prevent Queens from just offering the terracing regularly? Most fans I know would prefer standing if possible.

It requires additional turnstyle operators and the renting of portaloos I believe in addition to the stewarding costs.

In an ideal world it would be open for everyone, in fact I suspect it might even encourage a few extra away fans to come for the “old school” experience. Not enough to cover the extra cost though, so I completely understand why we can’t just have it open all the time.