Queens v Partick

6 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:

Absolutely wonderful to (hopefully) contribute towards the relegation of a Tory-voting, no-mark of a club.

I don't think football clubs actually have the right to vote.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Guest Flash
11 minutes ago, TeeMan said:

He wasn't even half fit. As someone said above, it was like having 9 men on the pitch. In hindsight we'd have been better going with the team that played Dunfermline two weeks ago.

It only hindsight for us because we didn’t know what state Dobbie and Low were in. We had a manager, an assistant manager, a coach and a physiotherapist who could have assessed their fitness beforehand. It was obvious to ordinary fans after about 5 minutes that they were miles off. So for professionals to think that they were fit enough to start is staggering.

The decision to play a less than quarter fit Dobbie was one of the worst I've seen. I saw him stretching his hamstring just a minute or so into the game. I get what a good player he is but Queens were to all intents and purposes playing a man short and there is a risk that further damage could have been done.

I still think the decision to bin the manager is crazy. The team is on a low ebb but in punting him they've just created more uncertainty and turmoil three days before s big game. I genuinely fear for Queens survival now.

For our part a really well done job yesterday. Queens had a wee spell prior to our second goal but we pretty much controlled that from start to finish.

It's obviously been another poor season. Sixth in the Championship is no achievement but strangely there's been bits of the second half of the season I've enjoyed. There's signs of positivity moving forward which is in sharp contrast to the despair of the end of last season. As a Club I feel we have turned a wee corner. A good summer's recruitment and we can approach next season with a degree of optimism.

13 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Queen of the South have history for going full Helen Lovejoy at the sight of a 1000+ crowd. The staff around the ground today were acting like a bomb was about to go off at 3 o'clock. 

At least they'll be more in their element with small bands of yokels from Cumbernauld and Airdrie visiting next season. 

Good one m8 :lol:

Still trying to digest quite how bad yesterday was.

After about ten seconds a panicky sliced clearance under little pressure resulted in our goalkeeper getting injured and seemed to set the tone.  

We just never achieved any sort of foothold.  

Ending our league season with two absolute hammerings is not exactly setting us up well for what now lies in store.  

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Still trying to digest quite how bad yesterday was.

This is where I'm at as well. That performance was absolutely shocking. The bit of play that actually wound me up the most was just before Harkins came on, Mercer found himself running in to the box, then as soon as the Thistle player attempted to challenge, Mercer just backed out and stopped going for it, despite having a clear shot at getting to the ball first and having a shot on goal. It just summed up the effort on show from he team. Total embarrassment.

I was wondering why we didn't just take Leighfield off when it was obvious he was struggling to kick the ball after his fall.

About two minutes later it made clear when there was a possibility both Dobbie and Low might not last the half.

Why do we never just keep the ball for an extended period? It's always just hoof it down the line. There is no confidence in the team just to retain possession.

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Going from promotion plays off to relegation plays off. :lol:

1 hour ago, Walter said:

You're taking this well. 

tenor (1).gif

31 minutes ago, thisal said:

File that under things you can only dream of.

I still don't think we're getting the absolute hounding on here that our performance and situation merits, keep it coming, we deserve worse.

3 hours ago, Flash said:

It only hindsight for us because we didn’t know what state Dobbie and Low were in. We had a manager, an assistant manager, a coach and a physiotherapist who could have assessed their fitness beforehand. It was obvious to ordinary fans after about 5 minutes that they were miles off. So for professionals to think that they were fit enough to start is staggering.

I completely agree. Dobbie himself must have known as well.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I still don't think we're getting the absolute hounding on here that our performance and situation merits, keep it coming, we deserve worse.

Challenge accepted. 

pDQYCQd.jpg

Photo credit: a lad from the Thistle Fb page, not my own work.