Queens v Partick

Coming from a Partick point of view I can understand that. 
Oh, do you think he got many calls wrong?

Btw...do Queens only post highlights to YouTube when they win or draw?

7 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Oh, do you think he got many calls wrong?

Btw...do Queens only post highlights to YouTube when they win or draw?

I thought Dallas had a decent game. Couple of wee things wrong, but he didn't have any impact on the game, which is all you can ask.

Highlights are sporadic, which is to be expected when it lands on the shoulders of volunteers.

Championship : Palmerston Park : Queen of South (blue/white)0 Partick Thistle (red and canary yellow hoops) (2) 3

Adm £18 (all ticket!)
No progs visible
Scots Pie a very fair £1.70
Att : about 4200 with about 1500 from the visitors

Another steady train ride from Yorkshire to the south-west of the north to see what should have been a tense 'winner takes all' relegation battle, but ended up a tame affair.

For a team that has an all-weather surface, it was odd that Queens' seemed to base their footy on hoik and hope. What made it even odder was that those being hoiked towards were smaller and more slight than those defending.

The Jags played reasonable pass and move stuff, cutting through the home defence at will. 1-0 up after 15 and a second just before the break made the 2nd half a bit pointless. Queens puffed a bit more after the break, calling for one fine reaction save from the visiting keeper, but then a 3rd from the penalty mark made it all academic and the game petered out.

Nice to see a ground well-filled with many sporting vibrant team colours and seemingly nowt but banter between the fans.

QoS manager deserved his sacking that followed and it's difficult to see them getting past Montrose in the playoffs.

Dumfries a pleasant town - and as with all Scots towns I've visited for footy with fine local butchers and bakers - will try to visit again

Guest Flash
5 hours ago, RR35 said:

Any highlights ? Hoping to see what Raith Rovers might come up against

Goals are on Sportscene. Don’t laugh too much.

2 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

Championship : Palmerston Park : Queen of South (blue/white)0 Partick Thistle (red and canary yellow hoops) (2) 3

Adm £18 (all ticket!)
No progs visible
Scots Pie a very fair £1.70
Att : about 4200 with about 1500 from the visitors

Another steady train ride from Yorkshire to the south-west of the north to see what should have been a tense 'winner takes all' relegation battle, but ended up a tame affair.

For a team that has an all-weather surface, it was odd that Queens' seemed to base their footy on hoik and hope. What made it even odder was that those being hoiked towards were smaller and more slight than those defending.

The Jags played reasonable pass and move stuff, cutting through the home defence at will. 1-0 up after 15 and a second just before the break made the 2nd half a bit pointless. Queens puffed a bit more after the break, calling for one fine reaction save from the visiting keeper, but then a 3rd from the penalty mark made it all academic and the game petered out.

Nice to see a ground well-filled with many sporting vibrant team colours and seemingly nowt but banter between the fans.

QoS manager deserved his sacking that followed and it's difficult to see them getting past Montrose in the playoffs.

Dumfries a pleasant town - and as with all Scots towns I've visited for footy with fine local butchers and bakers - will try to visit again

Whereabouts in Yorkshire did you travel from?

7 hours ago, dumfriesblue said:

a few weegies throwing flares on a astro turf  pitch

Were you actually at the game?  I dont condone it, but the smoke bombs went nowhere near the pitch . TBH I was more concerned about the substantial amount of our fans that were smashed out their skulls!!

Edited by Sting777

Given the important nature of the game and the larger than normal crowd I was actually expecting more #scenes/trouble.

I think the fact the match was such a stroll in the park for Thistle obviously helped ease any possible tensions.

As it was it was a large away support backing their team and having a highly successful day out. All things considered I think we can excuse them for having a bit of pyro and one idiot on the park.

Failkirk caused more problems with less fans, in a game that they didn’t even win!

It was great to see all four sides of the ground in use, just a shame the match didn’t live up to its billing (for us anyway).

Also the chant of “we’re Partick Thistle, we park where we want” after the announcement about the buses needing moved was probably the highlight of the game for me. Says it all really.

The pre- match health and safety warning about fans behind the goals having to watch out for mishit footballs during the warmup was pretty amusing/cringeworthy.  Wouldn't it be better if the players were more accurate with their shooting