Queens v Partick

8 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Don’t cry m8

Queen of the South have history for going full Helen Lovejoy at the sight of a 1000+ crowd. The staff around the ground today were acting like a bomb was about to go off at 3 o'clock. 

At least they'll be more in their element with small bands of yokels from Cumbernauld and Airdrie visiting next season. 

Can we do a "morton"and have the gaffer walk out on us

Standing here getting beat 2 nil and folk are still thinking naysmith should stay! Fucking despair.

And another cross. Get tae f**k Naysmith and take these amateurs with you. 31 goals from crosses. Absolutely embarrassing.

That was a truly horrific display given what was at stake. Despite needing a win started off sitting deep, inviting trouble and creating virtually nothing. Lost every personal battle all over the pitch.

Can’t possibly go into Play Offs with GN. There surely has to be a better alternative.

Get Naysmith binned now and let the squad pick the team for the play off games....... didn’t seem to do Partick any harm today!!!!

to lose to a better team i can accept . to lose to a team showing no effort is not acceptable .  you ask us as a club to turn up  we turn up in numbers yet you let us down .  gutless toothless heartless .   HEWITSON OUT

Not sure whether that was a good jags performance or just utter dross from QOTS. As comfortable an afternoon as we have had under Caldwell. Terrific Thistle support and going by the state of a lot of jags fans, a lot got the early train down....lol. Magnificent save from Snedders at 0-2, Mansell played well and we do need to try and get Skippy tied up for next season, though going by his twitter post tonight that sounds unlikely. Right laugh at half time when the subs kept battering balls into the jags crowd behind the goals. Been a roller coaster of a season and finishing 6th is unbelievable considering we were bottom 3 weeks ago. Lets hope we can kick on from this next season. 

0E44B4DC-CD8E-42CD-8370-0BCD3A4D6204.jpeg

Edited by Sting777

to lose to a better team i can accept . to lose to a team showing no effort is not acceptable .  you ask us as a club to turn up  we turn up in numbers yet you let us down .  gutless toothless heartless .   HEWITSON OUT
Dry your eyes. A couple of tough results with the Tories and the Queens getting pumped.

Not sure whether that was a good jags performance or just utter dross from QOTS.

Trying to give an answer without it coming across as bitter/salty tears but you scored from two crosses and a penalty. Literally every side in the division has scored a goal against us via a cross so it's not much of an achievement.

It was easily our worst performance of the season and there have been some shockers. But take nothing away from Thistle, as I've said they got in our faces and continually exploited our biggest weakness (crosses) so it was a very professional performance to say the least.

ETA. That's a great pic btw. It's much better when that terrace is open.

8 minutes ago, dumfriesblue said:

There was a whistle, there was a kick-off, and then  there was Queens playing deep. From the first minute. 

The official attendance announced at half time was just under 4000. The away support was announced as 1500. 

So 2500 locals turned up, replying to the rallying call in the local press. 

I was one of those 2500 and it was, basically, insulting to see the effort Queens put in. 

Utterly spineless performance. Not sure I would keep any of the team on todays performance. Prob the worst performance I've seen all year and really cant see beating Montrose let alone Raith/Forfar. League one is where we belong.  Congrats to Patrick, they were everything we weren't , can see what it means to them and their supporters.  Won’t  be popular but i’m looking forward to never having to watch Dykes again.. Absolutely no awareness of  the goal and should never be played as a striker. 

Edited by sneeuq

Thought playing Low and Dobbie was like playing with 9 men. Wilson must wonder why on earth Low was ahead of him and why it took Naysmith so long to figure out that Low was a complete passenger. We were swamped in midfield and second to every loose ball.

Doyle and McGuire were totally lost today - run ragged from start to finish. Full backs were the only players who did themselves justice.

Todd has been awful since returning from injury and Stirling/Dykes look as if they could play all next season and never threaten to score.

Well done Thistle that was a real gutsy performance today - every player was up for the fight and after 10 minutes the result was never in doubt. A very sad day for our Club and I will be very surprised if we survive via play offs.

I would still prefer a half fit Dobbie to no Dobbie at all. The fact is we created the square root of f**k all for him anyway. The majority of the time the ball was being punted up the park, Dykes was failing to win any flicks and the ball was getting nowhere near Dobbie.

A fully fit Dobbs wouldn't have altered that result today.