Queens v Partick

This is the biggest game for Queens since the Cup Final in 2008 .

A match we must win Thistle will be safe but will still bring a huge support as Thistle are paying for all the supporters buses .

Queens will hopefully have Dobbie back but it is the keeper and thevdefence that worries me we just can't defend cross balls Thistle will score just have to hope and pray that we can somehow win the game 

Absolutely dreading this fixture. Whilst Thistle have proven goal scorers McDonald & Doolan in their side we’ve Lyndon Dykes and a defence who can’t defend crosses. 

Absolutely no point in playing well for 20 minutes like last night and falling apart as soon we conceded a goal. 

Naysmith won’t be here next season that’s for sure. His time is up for me even if we somehow avoid relegation :(

Just like to add I take my hat off to those Queens fans who made to trip north last night some of which had where up at 3.00am in the morning to start their work and not home again  until 24 hours later.   

Hope everyone at Queens acknowledged them at the end. 

17 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

This is the biggest game for Queens since the Cup Final in 2008 .

A match we must win Thistle will be safe but will still bring a huge support as Thistle are paying for all the supporters buses .

Queens will hopefully have Dobbie back but it is the keeper and thevdefence that worries me we just can't defend cross balls Thistle will score just have to hope and pray that we can somehow win the game 

Looks like Thistle are not safe now which makes the game more difficult for us  .

Thistle will be up for the game more now but really it is all about us if we defend like against County then we will lose.

What I’d like to happen -

Dobbie is fit and scores a hattrick to keep us up and obliterate Nicky Clark from our record books.

What will actually happen in this utter b*****d of a season -

Alloa win. Falkirk run up a cricket score against a County side on their holidays. Gary Harkins scores the goal to relegate us.

Thistle will bring a huge away support with Thistle providing free buses.

How many away fans can we get into the stand is it around 1000 ?

I hope we can get the same atmosphere as the Dunfermline game all fans pulling together to help Queens get the win .

Saturday is the time all Loyal Queens fans and more so the floating fans have  to come to Palmerston and get behind the players for this very important match for the club. They have to put there difference in options about the board, manager and players aside and get behind them as they try to maintain Championship football for next season in the clubs Centenary year. 

Hopefully the team will be given a very big boost with main man Stephen DOBBIE returning from injury. 

There will be a very large Partick Thistle support coming down for this must win game as buses are being layed on free by there directors. 

The local Media must publicise this match all week and try to attract as many extra  fans thru the turnstiles to help support the team. 

A victory & defeat for Dunfermline would actually find us finishing 6th in the table above Dunfermline, Partick Alloa & Falkirk, 3 of these clubs with much bigger budgets and home gates than Queens. 

C'mon Queens you can do it...... 

Guest Flash

When Dobbie came back from a hamstring injury last time, he had a really poor first game. I’d rather see him in the team than not but just don’t think we should expect too much if he does play.

Will the away terracing be open for this?

26 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

How many away fans can we get into the stand is it around 1000 ?

Just over 2000 I think. Would rather they opened the terrace than shifted home fans out of their seats like they did for the cup game against Thistle last season.

Nervous, excited and terrified all at the same time. Can't wait!

I expect Partick will bring around 1000 fans down. You'd expect the terrace will be open, or they might just give us half and half.

Any word on McDonald? We've been beaten by Thistle without him in the side but I'd still prefer he was out.

The post on the Thistle website about tickets is clear as mud. Says we have 860 tickets but the terracing will be opened if needed. No word on whether its all ticket yet, and what if you'd rather go on the terracing but can't buy a ticket for it yet until there's enough demand? 

Given we took just over 1000 to Ayr on a Tuesday I'd expect more than 860 to go on Saturday. 

Mcdonald was taken off with concussion, but pretty sure he was presenting the OF youth Cup final the other night on BBC Scotland. Probably improved his presenting style. Much like Dobbie I'd expect him to play if there's any scope at all. 

McDonald took the warm up before the game yesterday. Looked fine. Not sure about concussion rules, is it an automatic 7 day ban before you can play?  I would expect him to be playing on Saturday

Edited by Sting777

McDonald didn't play yesterday because of protocols around concussion.  He was on about it on the radio.  I think it's 7 days, so I'm sure he'll play.

I want us to be perfectly clear about opening the terracing from the outset, so that any Thistle fans who fancy it know that they can travel on the day.  

Why can't we be unequivocal on this?  Is it that we don't want to commit to spending money on portaloos, just in case it's not absolutely necessary?

I agree that we should promote this game heavily this week.  We could maybe even mention it on the 'Next Match' sign on Lochfield Road - just a thought.