Stenhousemuir -vs- East Fife

An enormous match awaits Stenhousemuir FC tomorrow. If results go against us, we could be relegated; if results go in our favour, we could move into ninth.

We were pretty poor against Forfar Athletic last weekend but we've got a decent shout against an East Fife team that appear to have chucked it in recent weeks. For three quarters of the season they appeared to be a sure bet for a top-four finish, but they've badly fallen away. It's probably the ideal time to play them - we were the better of the two sides when we last met them in March and should have taken all three points.

With Andy Munro suspended after collecting a stupid red card last, I reckon we'll go with a 4-5-1 formation:

- McGuigan -

- Cook - McBrearty - Ferry - Dingwall - Hurst -

- Donaldson - Neill - Marsh - Reid -

- Smith -

We could also go with a 4-4-2, with Hurst up top with McGuigan and Connor Duthie out on the right.

I'm a little wary of this one after how bad we looked against the Loons but I'd expect us to match or better Brechin City's result against Raith Rovers. Awooga!

Our season finished weeks ago as we head towards 8th place.

1 win in 12. 1 point in our last 6 games with only 2 goals scored. It’s hard to believe that this team had such a good first half of the season but have now chucked away all that hard work. Thankfully the season is drawing to a close or we would certainly be heading towards relegation in this form.

A very good chance for Stenhousemujr to win this and have a massive showdown against Brechin on the last day of the season to see who avoids automatic relegation.

We have only won one league game by more than two goals all season....

As long as we beat Brechin's result on Saturday we will only need to draw the following week. I am worried thought that Raith can't be trusted.

5 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

We can't be relegated tomorrow but if Brechin win and we lose, we will need to beat them by at least 6 goals next week

It's unlikely we'll go to Glebe Park and put six past them.

Raith Rovers should get the better of Brechin tomorrow but, as "beaver1" says, they can't be trusted - Rovers lost the last time the sides met in January!

5 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

An enormous match awaits Stenhousemuir FC tomorrow. If results go against us, we could be relegated; if results go in our favour, we could move into ninth.

We were pretty poor against Forfar Athletic last weekend but we've got a decent shout against an East Fife team that appear to have chucked it in recent weeks. For three quarters of the season they appeared to be a sure bet for a top-four finish, but they've badly fallen away. It's probably the ideal time to play them - we were the better of the two sides when we last met them in March and should have taken all three points.

With Andy Munro suspended after collecting a stupid red card last, I reckon we'll go with a 4-5-1 formation:

- McGuigan -

- Smith -

We could also go with a 4-4-2, with Hurst up top with McGuigan and Connor Duthie out on the right.

I'm a little wary of this one after how bad we looked against the Loons but I'd expect us to match or better Brechin City's result against Raith Rovers. Awooga!

Claim it's a 4-5-1 but play a 5-4-1; I like it.

Very sneaky.

6 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

We can't be relegated tomorrow but if Brechin win and we lose, we will need to beat them by at least 6 goals next week

That's call being relegated. We are down tomorrow if we lose and Brechin win enough of yer pish.

I can't see Brechin getting anything tomorrow they are absolute horse manure so it's going to the last game regardless.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Claim it's a 4-5-1 but play a 5-4-1; I like it.

Very sneaky.

I think you are looking at it from the wrong side neebur.

I would always put the goalie at the top when laying out at a team in that manner so I can see where you got wrong. Since yon' has got on the telly he hinks he's a big deal though and has the audacity to put the keeper at the bottom.

I think you are looking at it from the wrong side neebur.
I would always put the goalie at the top when laying out at a team in that manner so I can see where you got wrong. Since yon' has got on the telly he hinks he's a big deal though and has the audacity to put the keeper at the bottom.

Haha I was thinking they had the audacity to play McGuigan in goals against us [emoji23]

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It's unlikely we'll go to Glebe Park and put six past them.

Raith Rovers should get the better of Brechin tomorrow but, as "beaver1" says, they can't be trusted - Rovers lost the last time the sides met in January!

Brechin are 4/1. Tempting.

12 hours ago, Neilly said:

That's call being relegated. We are down tomorrow if we lose and Brechin win enough of yer pish.

I can't see Brechin getting anything tomorrow they are absolute horse manure so it's going to the last game regardless.

Raith are absolute horse manure also . So should be well matched. 

22 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

- McGuigan -

- Smith -

Would rather have Gibbons or Halleron on instead of Dingwall.  He has yet to impress me thus far. The worry is Reid in a back four - slower than a month of Sundays and libel to be caught out of position. 

As long as we go for it I will be happy, anything has to be an improvement on last week.

Aye, Russell Dingwall hasn't done anything to really impress me since he joined the club, I just assume the manager will pick him.

I agree, I'd rather have Thomas Halleran in there too - he's very tidy on the ball and is good at recycling possession. We still lack a creative spark, something I hope is addressed in the summer.