#ToughtYouWellMate - DFC v SFC

Gallagher and Thomas really are an excellent front line for this level, it's such a shame we'll only see them together for this absolute bogger of a season. I really think getting Gall signed for next season should be a priority, if he hadn't been injured/mysteriously dropped/stifled by a defensive manager he'd easily have bagged 20 goals this year.

Season is over, hopefully we'll be sorting out the situation with Duffy and we can start building as of next week. We currently have Loy signed up and that's it, I think it's imperative we get moving now.

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

We’d be better off if we had no one signed.

I'd hope a sensible solution is reached there. I feel for Loy, I don't for one second think he's here just picking up a wage, I think he genuinely is buggered and that's a shame for everyone. If we can't get use of him next season though hopefully some sort of arrangement is reached.

Gallagher and Thomas really are an excellent front line for this level, it's such a shame we'll only see them together for this absolute bogger of a season. I really think getting Gall signed for next season should be a priority, if he hadn't been injured/mysteriously dropped/stifled by a defensive manager he'd easily have bagged 20 goals this year.
Season is over, hopefully we'll be sorting out the situation with Duffy and we can start building as of next week. We currently have Loy signed up and that's it, I think it's imperative we get moving now.

Correct me if I’m wrong (likely), but is Duffy not contracted for next season? Or was it just a ‘till the end of the season’ dealy he was given when appointed?

I'd hope a sensible solution is reached there. I feel for Loy, I don't for one second think he's here just picking up a wage, I think he genuinely is buggered and that's a shame for everyone. If we can't get use of him next season though hopefully some sort of arrangement is reached.

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Still pretty comfortable, even though we weren’t as good in the second half. That should ensure we finish above Stranraer.

No idea why Melingui took an extra touch when DT had put it on a plate for him!

That's what lets Boris down, indecision and lack of composure.

Really pleasing how Sons have finished this season, knuckled down well & fought to stay in this League.

Genuinely worried when we were sat rock bottom of the League on a few occasions, well done Duffy & players. Wouldn't mind if Jim is here for next season too.

43 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Correct me if I’m wrong (likely), but is Duffy not contracted for next season? Or was it just a ‘till the end of the season’ dealy he was given when appointed?

I think the deal is for next year but the way Duffy is talking makes me think things still need to be discussed before he decides if he's continuing 

I'll be honest, I thought McLean looked like an absolute haddie in his first couple of appearances but he has settled in well.

I thought Carswell and Gallagher were our best today. I very much enjoyed watching Carswell boss that wee dobber Turner.

Would agree about getting Gallagher signed up. Unless we get lucky with a loan signing we'd probably struggle to get much better for this level. Another attacking player who was stifled by Aitken's pish and has flourished since he left.

31 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Really pleasing how Sons have finished this season, knuckled down well & fought to stay in this League.

Genuinely worried when we were sat rock bottom of the League on a few occasions, well done Duffy & players. Wouldn't mind if Jim is here for next season too.

Agreed. I hadn’t seen us win a league game since (I think) Dundee Utd on the last day of 2016. So, to see two wins back-to-back is a real treat.

Even if I did get accosted by a member of the disbanded AA :lol:

I thoroughly enjoyed the game today. Shame the weather ruined the last 15/20 mins. In the first half especially we looked like a team playing with a bit of freedom! Once again, if we could finished we could've been out of sight umpteen times in both halves.

I thought Gallagher and Hutton were really brilliant today. Was great to see our midfield dominate for the best part and keep Kyle Turner quiet. McCann impressed me quite a bit for Stranraer. If he was available next season I wouldn't be against us rekindling the the St Johnsons relationship that has quietened down a little over the last couple of years.