#ToughtYouWellMate - DFC v SFC

Clearly excitement has reached an all-time high for this one...

It's a shame we haven't had more of a match thread, as both teams have actually had a wee bit to celebrate over the past week. For Dumbarton staying up shouldn't be an achievement - however given the mess that Jim Duffy inherited it really is. Sons have lost just twice since Duffy brought in his own players at the end of January (both defeats coming in a 7 day period), he's got the team playing great football and Dom Thomas has (rightly) picked up a nomination for PFA League One Player of the Year after a sensational season.

I'll be honest, I effectively wrote off our friends from Stranraer after we battered them 3-0 at Stair Park in February. They looked such a young team with little experience, and Faz himself basically challenged them to seriously up things or be relegated. Fortunately for him they've done the former - with Kyle Turner, Joao Victoria, Innes Cameron and (I think I'd be right in saying) Ali McCann all playing a big role in helping them get over the line comfortably. How many Sons or Blues thought this game would be a massive relegation nerve-shredder a few weeks ago? I certainly did.

Remarkably we can still finish as high as fifth, I don't think there's a hope in hell of that given we have Arbroath next week - but picking up three points here could certainly help us finish in a more respectable league position. Jim Duffy's been lucky enough to have a settled team in recent weeks (and my God what a difference it's made having two natural centre-backs for a run of games for the first time all season), so I don't see any reason to change anything. Maybe we'll find Ross Perry, Michael Paton, Nicky Phinn, Stevie Ross or Willie Dyer for the bench though. Who knows?

Grant Adam

David Ferguson Craig Barr Brian McLean Cammy Ballantyne

Ross Forbes Kyle Hutton Stuart Carswell Bobby Barr

#DT23 Calum Gallagher

Given the freedom both sides have this will either be a red-hot game of end-to-end attacking football, or the most dull end-of-season affair possible. But who cares. We're both safe!

I would think two wins from our final two games would get us fifth, so I hope we go out and do that now that we have absolutely no pressure on us. Let's just go baws oot attacking, back to the Murray and Ross days and hope for an entertaining 6-5 win for the Sons. 4-2-4:

Adam

Ferguson -- Mango -- McLean -- Ballantyne

Carswell -- Forbes

Gallagher -- Melingui -- Thomas -- Bobbler

Double hat-trick for Dom Thomas.  If we could arrange for security to steal Kyle Turner and lock him in that cupboard with the old kit until pre-season starts that would be nice too.

Maybe we'll find Ross Perry, Michael Paton, Nicky Phinn, Stevie Ross or Willie Dyer for the bench though. Who knows?

As expected, the answer to this is no.

I'm actually starting to think Dyer and Paton may have buggered off. Has anyone seen either of them at the stadium on a matchday recently?

Yip Cigars are out tomorrow and probably Jao Victoria and Kyle Turner's last game for the club,Jao is unavailable next Saturday against his parent club Airdrie and K T is suspended next week,and fully expect KT to move up a League or 2 next season.The blues have won there last 3 and are playing well,but Dumbarton have Dom T who can change a game,haven't a clue how this will go,but as far as Stranraer FC are concerned it's job done for the season and with the smallest budget in this league,quite an achievement.

I think Faz has done well with Stranraer and I would nt be against him being our manager if Jim leaves.

On hospitality so hoping for a good game and plenty of goals

Got a wee hospitality day tomorrow as well hoping for an decent performance and result.

Last time I was at hospitality we got battered 5-2 I think [emoji85]

I'm actually starting to think Dyer and Paton may have buggered off. Has anyone seen either of them at the stadium on a matchday recently?

It’s not a great loss is it really ??

The team has managed since dyers “virus” must have been some bloody flu to keep him out of action this long, if that is the case he can stay away don’t want anyone else getting infected [emoji23][emoji23].

Sad to say but Paton has been ravaged with injuries and they seem to have taken their toll on him, which is a shame because he did show in a few early season games he had a bit in his locker but sadly his legs have gone IMO.

If the St JohnSons fans could give us Saintees their opinion on McCann, in relation to how Kane looked, it would be very much appreciated.

Chat is he'll be around our first team next season, but I'd imagine a Championship loan is more likely.

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I would think two wins from our final two games would get us fifth, so I hope we go out and do that now that we have absolutely no pressure on us. Let's just go baws oot attacking, back to the Murray and Ross days and hope for an entertaining 6-5 win for the Sons. 4-2-4:

Adam

Ferguson -- Mango -- McLean -- Ballantyne

Carswell -- Forbes

Gallagher -- Melingui -- Thomas -- Bobbler

Double hat-trick for Dom Thomas.  If we could arrange for security to steal Kyle Turner and lock him in that cupboard with the old kit until pre-season starts that would be nice too.

Aye and if we had started winning games with 7 to go instead of 5 ( Brechin and Montrose ) we would be in 4th 

less dreaming 

Paton was sitting with Loy in the seats below the hospitality area last week.

TEAM| Adam, Ballantyne, McLean, Carswell, Hutton, Gallagher, Forbes, B Barr, Ferguson, Thomas, Barr - Subs - Melingui, Russell, Paton, Armour, Van Schaik, Brennan, Thomson

Think that's the first time we've named a full bench all season...

Starting to think that we might actually have a good team, and that they were just woefully managed. Since the turn of the year, and with not that many changes, we're seeing guys like Ballantyne, Carsy, Forbes, Bobert, DT and, perhaps above all else, Calum Gallagher absolutely thriving. It's great to see.

We're playing some lovely stuff again today and, but for Max Currie, would be out of sight. 

Keep it up in the second half plz Sons.

Second half was pretty poor, but we had done enough in the first half. It's nice to see us looking dangerous every time we attack, just a shame we couldn't finish anything off. 

Delighted for Calum Gallagher getting Man of the Match. He's been excellent since the turn of the year, and it bamboozles me that we have fans who don't rate him.