Abbey park end of an era

wow-wee

2 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Who was the big lad that went about with a beanie hat with "f*uck Talbot" on it. Was around the 1999-2003 period.

The only person that sounds like is big moose but not 100% sure

7 hours ago, wow-wee said:

Was big stinker near the end of his playing days when we signed him from the talbot 

He must have been, aye. I remember meeting him on a night out in Ayr on the Saturday night after he played for Cumnock against Talbot. He was moaning that he had got kicked by a Talbot player and we said he had dived. He got most upset by this and dropped his drawers in the middle of the club to show us the bruise. Nutcase!

Like others so many great memories, 94 team, Dundee Downfield, wee Coby with the winner and the shed packed, Camelon scoring last minute winner then beating them the next year 5-0 with Peline scoring a hat trick, Bobby Dickson what a winger, Sloan and Jardine cracking players, Peline scoring a wonder goal against Meadow in the West, won 4-2 after being 2 down,  99 team were a cracking side but McSherry’s side set the standard with Dickson carrying it on, what a team Dickson’s team were, could play and mix it also, Montgomery and Peline would have been a nightmare to play against, Mark Shanks team were also a right good side, winning the league against Troon I think on a horrible day after being 2 down came back and won 7-2, Cashy scoring the overhead kick also, great place, great footballers and more importantly great people.

Guest Moomintroll

Of all the highlights on that park, living in Church Street for the first sixteen years of my life, my highlight will always be big Moose coming out of the old social club to tell me and my pals "GET AFF THE FUCKING PARK" RIP big man, Buffs to the core.

9 hours ago, Louis Mooie said:

Like others so many great memories, 94 team, Dundee Downfield, wee Coby with the winner and the shed packed, Camelon scoring last minute winner then beating them the next year 5-0 with Peline scoring a hat trick, Bobby Dickson what a winger, Sloan and Jardine cracking players, Peline scoring a wonder goal against Meadow in the West, won 4-2 after being 2 down,  99 team were a cracking side but McSherry’s side set the standard with Dickson carrying it on, what a team Dickson’s team were, could play and mix it also, Montgomery and Peline would have been a nightmare to play against, Mark Shanks team were also a right good side, winning the league against Troon I think on a horrible day after being 2 down came back and won 7-2, Cashy scoring the overhead kick also, great place, great footballers and more importantly great people.

I was lucky enough to run the line in the Buffs Legends v Talbot Legends match to celeberate the 10th anniversary of that 1999 season (mad that it was 10 years ago now). Peline and Monty were playing up front that day, and even though they were both in their 40s by that point their movement and link-up play was incredible.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I was lucky enough to run the line in the Buffs Legends v Talbot Legends match to celeberate the 10th anniversary of that 1999 season (mad that it was 10 years ago now). Peline and Monty were playing up front that day, and even though they were both in their 40s by that point their movement and link-up play was incredible.

No substitute for class .

Can remember the 2 legged semifinal I think , big crowd.
Perhaps you remember the 1999 1/4 final 1-1 at Abbey park buffs down to 10 men get a draw with a Duffy header at the shed end great game buffs went on to win the replay 0-1 Currie getting the winner at beechwood .

Will there be a covered area at the new park in Penny?
According to the 3 year plan for Kilwinning sports club the new ground will have a covered area after 3 years but could happen sooner .

2 hours ago, crfc said:
20 hours ago, Redbrae said:
Will there be a covered area at the new park in Penny?

According to the 3 year plan for Kilwinning sports club the new ground will have a covered area after 3 years but could happen sooner .

according to the 3 year plan .the stand  will be finnished on march 2020...hospitality foundations completed . fitted and open june 2019 . pitchside catering and toilets complete june 2019....so all looks rosie on paper

2 hours ago, quietmaybe said:

according to the 3 year plan .the stand  will be finnished on march 2020...hospitality foundations completed . fitted and open june 2019 . pitchside catering and toilets complete june 2019....so all looks rosie on paper

I applaud this ambitious plan for the club; but how will the club be able to finance this? 

That's it all over no more football at Abbey park good turnout last night estimate crowd of around 600 good following from the talbot and a few neutrals. Pity about the result but it was a close game with the two teams going all out to win.