How did and would you vote in a second Scottish referendum?

Kejan

Have you changed your mind or not on Scottish independence?  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no last time i think because i believed that the panic shown in the week of the vote by the no camp showed we were valued and ive always adopted the " if its not broke dont fix it" mantra.

skip forward to now, clearly its all a shambles and we are clearly an afterthought, mind 100% changed to yes when/if the next vote comes

Independence isn't a single issue, and never has been, so it's always a bit odd to me when folk say their vote depends one, most commonly on if we're in the EU or not. Even if the vote is somehow reversed and we stay in the EU, surely the fact that how we vote on such things has almost no meaning if we remain part of the UK is one of many things to consider, and for me is one of many reasons to be, and to have always been, a firm Yes voter.

7 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

Independence for me all the way.

Even though I personally don't like Sturgeon.

Some folk seem to think that independence automatically means an SNP government and Sturgeon as PM.

They don't seem to realise that there would be elections. In a lot of cases people are deliberately ignoring that.

I probably wouldn't vote for the SNP in an independent Scotland.

I voted no last time i think because i believed that the panic shown in the week of the vote by the no camp showed we were valued and ive always adopted the " if its not broke dont fix it" mantra.

skip forward to now, clearly its all a shambles and we are clearly an afterthought, mind 100% changed to yes when/if the next vote comes
This is key. There must surely be a number of No voters thinking "fool me once...."

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Some folk seem to think that independence automatically means an SNP government and Sturgeon as PM.

They don't seem to realise that there would be elections. In a lot of cases people are deliberately ignoring that.

I probably wouldn't vote for the SNP in an independent Scotland.

Who would you vote for? Just curious, they seem like the most competent party in Scotland* at the moment to me.

* UK too.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

About an equal number of soft yesses and noes thinking "I'm fed up of hearing about Brexit, I don't want more of that", I'd imagine.

Well it's even worse than that.  Unless there's a volte face, which most of us would want, It'll be a good 2-3 years before Brexit is finally done with.  Then, making the massive assumption the the Yessers win Indyref2, there would be the same sort of shitfest over a Scotland/UK divorce as we've seen over Brexit and finally, even assuming the the EU would accept Scotland as a member, we'd have an access treaty to negotiate with rUK as an interested party given the border situation.

So Brexit's long tail, UK divorce, EU marriage?  A good decade of stagnation for Scotland.  The politicians and civil servants would love it.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Who would you vote for? Just curious, they seem like the most competent party in Scotland* at the moment to me.

* UK too.

I'd be leaning towards the Greens.

I would be interested to see what parties like Labour would say in Scotland when they can't have a policy and overriding purpose of keeping their precious union together (not that I'd ever vote for them mind).

That's probably another reason the mad slobbering unionist parties like Labour are against it; they'd have to do actual work and come up with actual policies should we gain independence.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well it's even worse than that.  Unless there's a volte face, which most of us would want, It'll be a good 2-3 years before Brexit is finally done with.  Then, making the massive assumption the the Yessers win Indyref2, there would be the same sort of shitfest over a Scotland/UK divorce as we've seen over Brexit and finally, even assuming the the EU would accept Scotland as a member, we'd have an access treaty to negotiate with rUK as an interested party given the border situation.

So Brexit's long tail, UK divorce, EU marriage?  A good decade of stagnation for Scotland.  The politicians and civil servants would love it.

Hysterical nonsense.