How did and would you vote in a second Scottish referendum?

Kejan

Have you changed your mind or not on Scottish independence?  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

Moldova is better off independent, as clearly demonstrated above.

There was no 'demonstration above'.  There was a statement that, "Moldova's GPD has increase fourfold since it joined the EU. "

Are you happy with that?

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

I told you that its GDP per capita had grown 3-fold since independence. Do you dispute that?

Can you answer my question?  Are you content that "Moldova's GPD has increase fourfold since it joined the EU. "?

1 hour ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

I told you that its GDP per capita had grown 3-fold since independence. Do you dispute that?

I'd be interested to see how much of that growth is down to US "investment" as a guise for NATO making inroads into the former Eastern Bloc, just as we've seen in Estonia, Latvia, Ukraine and Poland in recent years.

Moldova. Good luck to them.

But....with regards to our constitutional debate it is a nation of no relevance.

Scotland is a developed and fully integrated Western European economy.

An economy underperforming as it finds itself seriously hindered by being shackled to a leech.

Those shackles held firmly in place in 2014, by a thankfully diminishing sector of its own homegrown combination of the feart,  decrepit and non educant bigoted types.

Still yes funnily enough.

16 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Moldova. Good luck to them.

But....with regards to our constitutional debate it is a nation of no relevance.

Scotland is a developed and fully integrated Western European economy.

An economy underperforming as it finds itself seriously hindered by being shackled to a leech.

Those shackles held firmly in place in 2014, by a thankfully diminishing sector of its own homegrown combination of the feart,  decrepit and non educant bigoted types.

Still yes funnily enough.

As I said on another Politics thread, Scotland needs to improve its export infrastructure in order to negate its reliance on England. Over 75% of our exports go south of the border, which I refuse to believe is the final destination for these goods and leaves us open to being exploited and not receiving true value for our exports.

A definitive decision also needs to be made on currency. Using the GBP isn't really a via option given the amount of Quantitive Easing required over the last decade alone. The US Dollar would make more sense given its value is tied to the price of oil....... although there's a lot to suggest that the dollar is on the verge of collapse, so perhaps not!

These are the two biggest issues for Scotland seeking independence imo.

At the start of the 2014 campaign I was a moderate Yes but as it progressed and the message from down south was "We love you Scotland but if you leave we'll absolutely fuck you over" I became pretty hardline Yes and remain so.

I wonder what the brexiteers argument against Scottish independence will be in regards to Scotland staying in the EU?

I'd like to hear why the ROI want be effected at all after brexit and trade with the UK and travel within will all carry on swimmingly...

But no doubt an Independent Scotland will be blown back to the stone age.

5 hours ago, Sharker said:

I wonder what the brexiteers argument against Scottish independence will be in regards to Scotland staying in the EU?

I'd like to hear why the ROI want be effected at all after brexit and trade with the UK and travel within will all carry on swimmingly...

But no doubt an Independent Scotland will be blown back to the stone age.

Ireland are terrified of a hard brexit.

The pro yes people should tone down their arguments and stop dismissing no voters as idiots. It's making undecided people side with no because most of the yes events seem ranty and full of belters with painted faces and being aggressive.
I'm voting yes again but please understand that the militant sanctimonious approach comes across as obnoxious and puts people right off.

I've always found the most sanctimonious people by far to be those 'undecideds' who describe themselves as 'rationalists' or 'realists', as if needing absolutely everything handed on a plate and spoon-fed to them is some mark of intellectualism. 

33 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The pro yes people should tone down their arguments and stop dismissing no voters as idiots. It's making undecided people side with no because most of the yes events seem ranty and full of belters with painted faces and being aggressive.
I'm voting yes again but please understand that the militant sanctimonious approach comes across as obnoxious and puts people right off.

WAH WAH WAH WAH