How did and would you vote in a second Scottish referendum?

Kejan

Have you changed your mind or not on Scottish independence?  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well it's even worse than that.  Unless there's a volte face, which most of us would want, It'll be a good 2-3 years before Brexit is finally done with.  Then, making the massive assumption the the Yessers win Indyref2, there would be the same sort of shitfest over a Scotland/UK divorce as we've seen over Brexit and finally, even assuming the the EU would accept Scotland as a member, we'd have an access treaty to negotiate with rUK as an interested party given the border situation.

So Brexit's long tail, UK divorce, EU marriage?  A good decade of stagnation for Scotland.  The politicians and civil servants would love it.

To simplify the unknowables, would you prefer a Scotland inside the EU but outside the UK, or a Scotland inside the UK but outside the EU?

5 hours ago, zidane's child said:

Can't vote as I live in England sadly!

You can still vote even if you are registered at a temporary address in Scotland.

Anyone still swithering about this could do well to bear in mind just how often Theresa May and her cohorts refer to the "Will of the people" when what they really mean is that it is the will of the English people, and who will be more than happy to drag Scotland out of Europe against her wishes.

As for all the promises given at the time of Indyref1 that Scotland is an equal partner in the Union lets not forget what happened  :

"David Cameron claimed that the only way to protect Scotland’s EU membership was to reject independence. No campaign spokespeople parroted the phrase “EU membership only guaranteed with a No vote”. Now polls in England showing that the EU referendum is too close to call while 60 per cent of Scots plan to vote Stay. Right-wing, separatist, British nationalist and often racist, anti-European sentiment will now decide Scotland’s membership of the EU as Scottish votes will not be enough to influence the result unless England’s vote is within one per cent."

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

To simplify the unknowables, would you prefer a Scotland inside the EU but outside the UK, or a Scotland inside the UK but outside the EU?

Neither are attractive options but certainly Scotland within the EU unless we come up with an EFTA-style agreement for Brexit.

BUT if I were living in post-Brexit Scotland I would certainly not consider voting 'Yes' unless there was a well-defined path to EU accession which had the buy-in from all interested parties including rUK.  

6 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Voted yes in 2014, will do so again. The case for independence grows by the week.  I have absolutely no desire to remain part of the increasingly insular Britain which is being driven towards a cliff by gammon scum. 

If we were to reject our independence again, I would probably move away.

Down south?

Voted no last time. I never took much interest in politics at the time but believed the scaremongering from a few people at work (public sector) and thought it would provide job security more than anything else to vote no. Now I know it was all utter bullshit I'm now voting yes next time round. How anyone can stay a no voter or even change from yes to no totally baffles me.

Hysterical nonsense.
No, it's utter bullshit. That little creep Douglas Alexander was on Newsnight last night repeating the latest (and now widely circulating) Unionist assertion that because Brexit has become an utter cluster f**k then that becomes the default position for all future negotiations.

Let's face it, these people are so implacably opposed to Scottish Independence that they will literally stop at nothing to further their agenda. Having had success in the last GE standing on a single issue, I fully expect the Tories to be joined by Labour next time in wrapping themselves in the union jack in a desperate bid to stay relevant.

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No, it's utter bullshit. That little creep Douglas Alexander was on Newsnight last night repeating the latest (and now widely circulating) Unionist assertion that because Brexit has become an utter cluster f**k then that becomes the default position for all future negotiations.

Let's face it, these people are so implacably opposed to Scottish Independence that they will literally stop at nothing to further their agenda. Having had success in the last GE standing on a single issue, I fully expect the Tories to be joined by Labour next time in wrapping themselves in the union jack in a desperate bid to stay relevant.

Next time? They did it last time and haven't stopped since!

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Which might be troublesome if we dont exit before 2021??

I would think that if we haven't exited by the next Scottish elections, the SNP would simply stick the exact same line in their manifesto next time out and call a referendum as and when we do leave. 

Assuming that a pro-indy majority remains within Holyrood. Which I think it would.

Voted yes last time and I’ll vote yes again.

Girlfriend voted no last time, she’s been well educated since and will vote yes.

My folks are split in that they both voted no last time. My stepdad says he’ll now vote yes due to his despair at Westminster, despite hating the SNP. My mums still a thicko who believes her pension pot will be ransacked as a result of a yes vote.

My brother didn’t vote last time, he’ll be getting told to vote yes this time, which I think he’ll do.

My no voting granny doesn’t leave the house so if she lives to the next vote I’ll be voting yes for her as a proxy, whether she likes it or not.

For the first time ever I was telephoned polled by Survation today so the Yes /Yes to Indy2 momentum has swung into action. I was asked whether I would "completely" support or oppose the party leaders : May -completely oppose/ Corby-somewhat oppose/Sturgeon-completely support and when they asked to assess Farage ( off the scale oppose) I realised how irrelevant Cable is. Clearly the Branch managers up here are not worthy of a survey.  It is still a long way off if we are waiting for Brexit clarity but the Yes campaign did need a wee bit of a shove. I also found it funny that Mr Liddington had been up here and spoke to anyone outwith the "Political class" so his soundbite rejection was entirely predictable.