Tonights scores 24/4

GNU_Linux

Curiously its the second time Largs have had a game affected by high winds. Game vs Pollok earlier in season was postponed with roughly an hour before kick off due to high winds. Pitfalls of playing on the coast.
Saw this clip on Twitter, looked like the right decision to abandon it. Bizarrely, I don't think I've ever been at Largs and the wind has been blowing towards the sea like it was last night.

3 hours ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

:)Which chippy Is the question? 

I'm a huge fan of gino's the one that sits across from the train station and  next to the sweet shop :thumsup2

it's a belter.

Among the best things about Ayrshire is the quality of chippy you find down the coast.

19 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Blue Lagoon last time but I was drunk so it never mattered they gave me a extra fish to which was not bad 

Was that before or after you were in the waterfront pub in largs talking to a certain Beith fan after the Largs v Beith game  :unsure2:;)

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
5 hours ago, SoccerSmith said:
I travelled all the way to Largs last night for the game to be abandoned. At least I had an enjoyable fish & chips.

Curiously its the second time Largs have had a game affected by high winds.

One thought that occurred to me was this was the second time this season but I can only remember one time previously of a game being called off due to wind. Or maybe I'm forgetting others when there's been almost a whole card of fixtures put off.

One thought that occurred to me was this was the second time this season but I can only remember one time previously of a game being called off due to wind. Or maybe I'm forgetting others when there's been almost a whole card of fixtures put off.
We had one at home to Troon put off a couple of years ago. It was breezy in the morning and the amateur game that was on was ok until the last 10-15 minutes or so when the wind really began to ramp up. By the time the match ref got there the wind was howling and it was the sensible decision to put it off.

31 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Talbot v pollok at beechwood was abandoned after 15-20 minutes (I think) a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

We had one at home to Troon put off a couple of years ago. It was breezy in the morning and the amateur game that was on was ok until the last 10-15 minutes or so when the wind really began to ramp up. By the time the match ref got there the wind was howling and it was the sensible decision to put it off.

I was meaning at Barrfields - I know of multiple games being put off on the one day. Just that some were complaining refs are putting games off now that would go ahead in the past. Two in the one season for Largs whereas the previous three decades there might only have been a couple of games off because of the wind.

5 hours ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

No I actually didn't as we've got a terrible record v buffs and I never expected much at all. 

Nice try though :thumsup2

That must explain why you stuck a snide comment on the Buffs facebook page page a couple of nights ago before removing it a few hours later.   Fortunately last night the manager had no reason to blame refereeing decisions! From what I saw last night Beith were dominated by the Buffs who never allowed them to play and made them look a poor team, rather than all eleven players having an off night!

That must explain why you stuck a snide comment on the Buffs facebook page page a couple of nights ago before removing it a few hours later.   Fortunately last night the manager had no reason to blame refereeing decisions! From what I saw last night Beith were dominated by the Buffs who never allowed them to play and made them look a poor team, rather than all eleven players having an off night!
So the mighty bawbag is indeed a bawbag on all social media platforms. ...who would have thought it ?

51 minutes ago, Jollyboy John said:

Snide? :lol:calm down you complete and utter snow flake :lol:

The topic was Chris strain moaning about refs shouting at him and swearing at him. I replied along the lines of ' pot, kettle, black' as strain gives refs it tight for the full 90 minutes. Even the  buffs fans I was speaking to last night were pissing themselves laughing at strains comments. 

Ps , I never deleted the post and it must have been your touchy moderators who've got previous for posting nonsense about other clubs. 

Edited by ThemightyHERTHA

33 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
46 minutes ago, Jollyboy John said:

So the mighty bawbag is indeed a bawbag on all social media platforms. ...who would have thought it ?

Coming from the biggest bawbag ever try better next time :lol:

Or try taking your head out of Darvel people's arses..... 

10 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Snide? :lol:calm down you complete and utter snow flake :lol:

The topic was Chris strain moaning about refs shouting at him and swearing at him. I replied along the lines of ' pot, kettle, black' as strain gives refs it tight for the full 90 minutes. Even the  buffs fans I was speaking to last night were pissing themselves laughing at strains comments. 

Ps , I never deleted the post and it must have been your touchy moderators who've got previous for posting nonsense about other clubs. 

The topic was solely an advert for the game against Beith, which the only comment on was by you, along the lines of when Beith beat Pennyburn Rangers Strain will blame the referee.  IF the moderator did remove it, he did you a favour, it only showed you up for the absolute imbecile you undoubtedly are.

9 minutes ago, Jollyboy John said:

The topic was solely an advert for the game against Beith, which the only comment on was by you, along the lines of when Beith beat Pennyburn Rangers Strain will blame the referee.  IF the moderator did remove it, he did you a favour, it only showed you up for the absolute imbecile you undoubtedly are.

You've clearly got no sense of humour, a total snow flake........... The snow flake generation..... Very very touchy...... 

Ps, if moving to pennyburn is that much of a sore point I think you should maybe take up fishing or something :thumsup2 chill..... 

Edited by ThemightyHERTHA

3 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

You've clearly got no sense of humour, a total snow flake........... The snow flake generation..... 

I am a snowflake because you are trying to deflect a lie about what you posted? I can't remember you ever posting anything humorous, although I do often find myself laughing at you.  I mean your reply to Graffiti on The Wall is absolute comedy gold! 

Just now, Jollyboy John said:

I am a snowflake because you are trying to deflect a lie about what you posted? I can't remember you ever posting anything humorous, although I do often find myself laughing at you.  I mean your reply to Graffiti on The Wall is absolute comedy gold! 

No you're just desperate to be offended, complete and utter snowflake who's actually stalking two social media platforms to find an agenda, an agenda that's not even there, your own fans even laugh about lots of people saying the pennyburn rangers quote, your own fans even laughed at your manager having a pop at referees shouting and swearing at him whilst he's an absolute nutter at the sidelines doing the exact same thing back to referees. 

Kind of says it all when your own fans can see and laugh at both points..... Well maybe yourself apart, who is maybe just way too serious...... 

No you're just desperate to be offended, complete and utter snowflake who's actually stalking two social media platforms to find an agenda, an agenda that's not even there, your own fans even laugh about lots of people saying the pennyburn rangers quote, your own fans even laughed at your manager having a pop at referees shouting and swearing at him whilst he's an absolute nutter at the sidelines doing the exact same thing back to referees. 

Kind of says it all when your own fans can see and laugh at both points..... Well maybe yourself apart, who is maybe just way too serious...... 
Chris gets disciplined for shouting and swearing at refs he was merely asking that the ref in question might face the same consequences for doing the same. Not much to ask.