Alloa v ICT

Final meeting of the season between the sides and a huge game for us. Not so much for Inverness. First two games were very close and I think we were a little unfortunate not to win the one at Alloa. Inverness were miles ahead in the recent midweek match at Caley Park, although we did somehow have a chance to grab a point at the end. 

Still think that if Inverness get their best 11 on the park then they are good as anything in the league. Obviously been a bit under strength of late and perhaps now looking towards the play-offs. The lack of pressure on ICT could work for or against us here. 

Thought we played pretty well at Firhill, better than in the win over QoS the week before, and could certainly have taken a point. A similar performance on Saturday would give us a chance of 3 points that we really need. 

17 minutes ago, printer said:

I'd settle for a draw now.

So would ICT I reckon.

Brad McKay suspended, with Tremarco and Welsh injured. Donaldson might come back in and hopefully Ridgers is back too. This is how we'll probably line up. 

5cc06480bfa88_AlloavICT.png.ff241b1678f5496f45fea3cc1ea9a2fa.png

Doran and Walsh may be rested due to the plastic surface, where A.McDonald and Austin would likely come in. Would love to see some of the younger players get a run out, but none of them have had a sniff in recent months despite having 3+ on the bench for the majority of the season

That’s still a decent side despite injuries and even if you do rest those players, who you’ve got coming in are more than capable.

This won’t be comfortable for Alloa by any stretch. A win would be absolutely massive but if it was to come it’d be by the odd goal.

Sam Roscoe to come back in for Robertson and Kirkpatrick to come in for Trouts would be my changes going into Saturday.

That’s still a decent side despite injuries and even if you do rest those players, who you’ve got coming in are more than capable.

This won’t be comfortable for Alloa by any stretch. A win would be absolutely massive but if it was to come it’d be by the odd goal.

Sam Roscoe to come back in for Robertson and Kirkpatrick to come in for Trouts would be my changes going into Saturday.

Agree with all of this.

Cawley in for Shields as well for me.

I went along to watch Ayr v Partick last night knowing full well that i might be leaving disappointed. Much like Saturday, Partick were first to every ball and didn’t allow Ayr to create any real chances, I can’t see Ayr getting anything from them at the weekend and a win will see Partick clear of the scrap.

I was disappointed on Saturday by how much we let Partick play, we’ve had a lot of joy this season playing football against teams and taking the game to them, to retreat onto the edge of our own box as soon as we conceded possession was difficult to watch and Partick’s goals felt inevitable (very much reminiscent of the cup game at St Mirren). Having said this, it was totally understandable that this would happen once we had a lead to protect, as once Partick went ahead the roles were very much reversed.
I hope we go out to play on the front foot on Saturday, as opposed to relying on containment and counter attacks.

This team have been a joy to watch and have shown unbelievable resilience throughout the season, i’ve no doubt that the players will understand the magnitude of these last two games and rise to the occasion.

Trouble with fans opinions is that they don't reflect the CLUB view on these games, Alloa bring less fans (money) than full time clubs in the champs 

from their point of view Falkirk and the rest are better for the club revenue , money talks louder than the heart .

2 hours ago, RossP said:

So would ICT I reckon.

Brad McKay suspended, with Tremarco and Welsh injured. Donaldson might come back in and hopefully Ridgers is back too. This is how we'll probably line up. 

5cc06480bfa88_AlloavICT.png.ff241b1678f5496f45fea3cc1ea9a2fa.png

Doran and Walsh may be rested due to the plastic surface, where A.McDonald and Austin would likely come in. Would love to see some of the younger players get a run out, but none of them have had a sniff in recent months despite having 3+ on the bench for the majority of the season

Didn't Ridgers dislocate his finger against Hearts?  Can't see why ICT would play him here when the option is there to allow him more healing time ahead of the play-offs.  

19 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Didn't Ridgers dislocate his finger against Hearts?  Can't see why ICT would play him here when the option is there to allow him more healing time ahead of the play-offs.  

He did indeed. His other half put the x ray up on Twitter. It was pretty rank :lol:

Suspect we will want to keep most of the first team active to maintain match fitness but they definitely will be playing within themselves.

Robbo has been part of an excellent defence the last few weeks. Plus IMO Taggs is a better partner for big Andy. Having said that Jim G has previous for bringing loan players back in when they return from injury when the team has been doing well without them.

Kev and Jordan have to start for me.

Robbo has been part of an excellent defence the last few weeks. Plus IMO Taggs is a better partner for big Andy. Having said that Jim G has previous for bringing loan players back in when they return from injury when the team has been doing well without them.

Kev and Jordan have to start for me.

Totally agree keep the defensive unit intact for this one. Shields to come off bench to batter ICT if we are needing a goal late on.

It’s been a massive season so far let’s hope we have the battle in us for our last home game of the season and what ever happens we fight to the last kick of the ball as we have done all

“audere est facere"

Trouble with fans opinions is that they don't reflect the CLUB view on these games, Alloa bring less fans (money) than full time clubs in the champs 
from their point of view Falkirk and the rest are better for the club revenue , money talks louder than the heart .

That may well be true but as we are in the playoffs our club, however unlikely it is, will be much more worried about the games that could get us promoted over possible away fans coming up the road in the championship next year.

Also considering our location there really isn’t a big financial difference between Falkirk and Alloa, unless Falkirk had a game of massive importance up at our place.