Alloa v ICT

*I reserve the right to change my mind if the highlights show it was in fact a penalty.

You don't have to see the highlights, m8. The ref saw a foul, hence the penalty. Quite straightforward really.

That's two games in a row we have had the lead at half time and then start to sit in and inviting teams onto us in the 2nd half. Same result both times. Disappointing...
Please tell me we didn"t do what we did ar Partick and let ICT have the ball to attack us with? [emoji21]

I think he meant the andy graham incident..

The Andy Graham one at the end looked like a clear penalty to me. The defender basically hooked his leg away when he was about to knock the ball in.

We played well first half, and Aitchison should have put us ahead before we did score. The penalty we got was pretty clear, I thought with the defender running right across Zanatta.

Second half we sat back and again paid the price. We had further chances in the game but they didn't really come to anything.

The good news is that survival is still in our hands, best Ayr and we stay up.

Yeah I'm on about the challenge towards the end of the game. The one in the first half looked / was a clear penalty. Foul by Donaldson  or Rooney IIRC.

Edited by RiG

When is Goodwin going to stop trying to shitfest a one nil? We don’t do defending leads, St Mirren, Patrick and now ICT. Too bloody late with the subs the last two weeks as well, Cawley and Trouts race had been ran for at least 10 mins before they scored their second. Taking it right to the wire, I just hope we can do it. It’s been a fantastic effort from the team, just need 1 more win

15 minutes ago, Alloamad said:

When is Goodwin going to stop trying to shitfest a one nil? We don’t do defending leads, St Mirren, Patrick and now ICT. Too bloody late with the subs the last two weeks as well, Cawley and Trouts race had been ran for at least 10 mins before they scored their second. Taking it right to the wire, I just hope we can do it. It’s been a fantastic effort from the team, just need 1 more win

He wont though,its his default position.He is more concerned with the opposition than our lads who once again showed how they can play when Goodwin gets out their way.Falkirk and Queens have rounded on their managers for their negativity but Goodwin gets away with exactly the same because we are part time.If we were getting outplayed you would get it but we are not.The joke pitch told me all i needed to know about him,no fucking bottle.His mates on Sportscene tout him for manager of the year,you couldn,t make it up.

25 minutes ago, Kobe2010 said:

He wont though,its his default position.He is more concerned with the opposition than our lads who once again showed how they can play when Goodwin gets out their way.Falkirk and Queens have rounded on their managers for their negativity but Goodwin gets away with exactly the same because we are part time.If we were getting outplayed you would get it but we are not.The joke pitch told me all i needed to know about him,no fucking bottle.His mates on Sportscene tout him for manager of the year,you couldn,t make it up.

A bit harsh on jim , that said he is lucky with the players he has, it would be interesting to see what he would do with a team of all his signings ?

Lazy copy and paste from CTO:

Our first half performance was pretty rotten. We tried to force our way through the middle of the pitch a lot of the time which was pointless as Alloa frequently had nine men behind the ball and were very disciplined defensively and broke with real pace whenever our attacks broke down which was quite often. The likes of Polworth and Chalmers tried to force balls through to White or Doran / MacDonald cutting in from the flanks but they never found their man. Our best chance probably came when Doran chipped a ball in from the left flank but it evaded White and MacDonald. Prior to this Alloa had taken the lead from the penalty spot when Donaldson bundled over Zanatta and Trouten easily found the net sending MacKay the wrong way.

We were lucky to just be one down at the break but Robbo shuffled the pack taking Polworth and MacDonald off for Austin and McCauley and going two up front with Austin slightly withdrawn off White. With this change we were a lot better and started to find a bit of space in wide areas to send a few decent crosses in which Alloa struggled to deal with at times. A Rooney header at the back post was a sign of things to come as Alloa started to struggle with our balls in from the flanks. Chalmers found himself with a bit of time on the left side to loft the ball into the area which Alloa only partially cleared and Rooney strode on to the loose ball to blast in the equaliser. 

White almost bagged a second goal moments later but Parry was equal to his effort. However we weren't to be denied with Chalmers again the provider. A low corner was hooked into the box by Chalmers and Trafford arrived at the near post to flick the ball into the net. 

Alloa nearly drew level late on when MacKay spilled a long range effort but was alert to get up and fist the loose ball away before any of the home teams players could seize on the opportunity. There then came a penalty appeal when Graham (?) fell over under pressure from McCart who was clearly incensed and his anger set off a bit of a stramash between the sides but ended with McCart going into the book. 

Fortunately we hung on. Not our finest performance of the season but it could be a vital win for us. The extra money from 3rd place would be very welcome as Robbo has said already this week. McCart was an absolute stand out for us and a clear MotM. We'll need to improve a lot if we want to progress through the play offs.

17 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

A bit harsh on jim , that said he is lucky with the players he has, it would be interesting to see what he would do with a team of all his signings ?

Sorry but i can,t agree.We were also one up at Tannadice and sat in for the remainder of the game and lost it late on.The cup match at St Mirren was a classic,two up with them down to 10 men and we get told to sit off them second half,which he admitted himself.We are comfortably a match for half this league but we will struggle to survive with him in charge.

I think in general, Goodwin deserves credit for this season as in reality, if we were offered the position we are in now at the start of the season we would’ve taken it. The frustration is that we have a lot of excellent creative players who can really hurt teams, yet we always sit in whenever we go a goal up. Partick thistle last week, and Inverness this week we were in control for both first half’s, but we sit in, both teams make changes and we eventually concede. You could see the goal coming from a mile off today, we just couldn’t get out, but this wasn’t due to inverness being particularly brilliant, it was thanks to us inviting them on to us.

I think the run we went on in december has been key to us being in this position, and one of the key factors in this was the fact we kept going behind and coming back, we scored twice in about 8 games in a row. Goodwin couldn’t sit in for long spells, and we let our creative players do the business up front, which was working.

It’s still in our hands next week and i am confident we can get the result we need, but we just can’t try and sit in for the whole second half again if we are leading at half time.

Goody doesn't always get it right but we have been competitive all season and go into the last game knowing a win keeps us up. We were almost safe today. He deserves great credit whatever happens. 

Wasn't at the game today but believe we could certainly have taken a point at least. Really disappointing and damaging to have been ahead here and last week and taken 0 points. I was never particularly confident about Ayr away and felt we'd need to get it tied up before then. But with this Alloa team you know they will give it their best shot. Hopefully get a good crowd down to get behind them.

Good luck to ICT in the play-offs. You b*****ds. 

54 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Goody doesn't always get it right but we have been competitive all season and go into the last game knowing a win keeps us up. We were almost safe today. He deserves great credit whatever happens. 

Wasn't at the game today but believe we could certainly have taken a point at least. Really disappointing and damaging to have been ahead here and last week and taken 0 points. I was never particularly confident about Ayr away and felt we'd need to get it tied up before then. But with this Alloa team you know they will give it their best shot. Hopefully get a good crowd down to get behind them.

Good luck to ICT in the play-offs. You b*****ds. 

In our last three defeats we have been a goal up playing well before sitting deep and trying to hold on.We launch high balls to an eighteen year old loan player and surrender possesion for fun.Flanny and Trouts are just working hard without the ball which is hardly their strength.We dont make substitutions until we fall behind and invariably we finish the game strongly because we start passing again.I love seeing young players coming through but young Jack is nowhere near the power and threat of Kirkpatrick who cant get a start.If we fail to stay up we will have blown it given the form of the teams around us and the blame lies squarely with the manager.Keeping the ball is how you avoid being under pressure not sitting deep and lumping it up to big central defenders.

Lacie its hard to take grow a pair

Lazy copy and paste from CTO:

Our first half performance was pretty rotten. We tried to force our way through the middle of the pitch a lot of the time which was pointless as Alloa frequently had nine men behind the ball and were very disciplined defensively and broke with real pace whenever our attacks broke down which was quite often. The likes of Polworth and Chalmers tried to force balls through to White or Doran / MacDonald cutting in from the flanks but they never found their man. Our best chance probably came when Doran chipped a ball in from the left flank but it evaded White and MacDonald. Prior to this Alloa had taken the lead from the penalty spot when Donaldson bundled over Zanatta and Trouten easily found the net sending MacKay the wrong way.
We were lucky to just be one down at the break but Robbo shuffled the pack taking Polworth and MacDonald off for Austin and McCauley and going two up front with Austin slightly withdrawn off White. With this change we were a lot better and started to find a bit of space in wide areas to send a few decent crosses in which Alloa struggled to deal with at times. A Rooney header at the back post was a sign of things to come as Alloa started to struggle with our balls in from the flanks. Chalmers found himself with a bit of time on the left side to loft the ball into the area which Alloa only partially cleared and Rooney strode on to the loose ball to blast in the equaliser. 
White almost bagged a second goal moments later but Parry was equal to his effort. However we weren't to be denied with Chalmers again the provider. A low corner was hooked into the box by Chalmers and Trafford arrived at the near post to flick the ball into the net. 
Alloa nearly drew level late on when MacKay spilled a long range effort but was alert to get up and fist the loose ball away before any of the home teams players could seize on the opportunity. There then came a penalty appeal when Graham (?) fell over under pressure from McCart who was clearly incensed and his anger set off a bit of a stramash between the sides but ended with McCart going into the book. 
Fortunately we hung on. Not our finest performance of the season but it could be a vital win for us. The extra money from 3rd place would be very welcome as Robbo has said already this week. McCart was an absolute stand out for us and a clear MotM. We'll need to improve a lot if we want to progress through the play offs.
You won't progress in the play offs simple better teams than yous sorry

6 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

You won't progress in the play offs simple better teams than yous sorry

Oh, okay then. Thanks for letting us know.