Rovers v Bazza Smiff’s Brechin

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

On another note how many doubles has Nisbet scored this season? Can’t remember a player scoring two so often but failing to go on and grab a hat trick. 

He’s probably saving all his ha tricks for the playoffs............hopefully.

42 minutes ago, Paco said:

McKay was much better today than Watson has ever looked, albeit he only played about an hour so you can’t make a full judgement. I thought he was terrific and we were a lot poorer with Murray in his place.

Compare his use of the ball to Davidson/Benedictus and it really is night and day. It’s late in the day but I’d be considering putting Murray back to left back and dropping Crane for the play-offs.

Agreed he was good today after a shaky start. He's still a centre half though. 

I  think forcing Bene to play 90 these last 2 games just to boost his fitness for the play-offs might bite us on the arse. I'd prefer Mckay in there 

I can understand McGlynn wanting to give the subs game time, but apart from the fact Mackay was having a great game at right back, the decision to hook him for Murray was mind boggling as Murray was an absolute bomb scare in there against Stranraer. Surely hook Crane, whose inability to do basic defending led to the two corners from which Brechin scored, and stick Murray in at left back, where he is much more comfortable. 

Our defence and goalkeeper give me the fear for the playoffs. 

Duggan has missed more games this season than any of the players on the bench. It was bizarre not to give him 20-30 minutes at least. Murray and Wedderburn have only been out for a couple of weeks so surely didn't need the game time that much.

They ran a free bus for the game which presumably wasn’t even full. Didn’t catch how many Brechin fans there were, but it didn’t look like much.

Barry Smith really motivating the support, clearly.

Now I realise why I hated Barry Smiths tactics whilst at the the Rovers , They only decided to attack when 3 -2 down and spent most of the game with 10 men behind the ball trying to stifle the Rovers unfortunately for them they are now bottom when really Brechin should have had a go because we a very vulnerable at the back no matter the opposition . Just look at how many goals we have lost to stranraer , Stenny and Brechin 6 goals against the bottom 3 teams. 

28 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Any positives from today to take into the Stenny game? Taking the lead twice at Starks sounds decent.  Losing the game having taken the lead twice, not so much. 

If Stenny are also a disaster from set pieces then you’ll have a good chance.

6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Crowd wanking from the full time  flops :lol::lol:.

Tragic stuff. 

Crowd wanking? Away and tend to your hedge and await relegation.

In all seriousness, I didn’t think there were that many there. 

Edited by Scary Bear

51 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Any positives from today to take into the Stenny game? Taking the lead twice at Starks sounds decent.  Losing the game having taken the lead twice, not so much. 

The number 17 bus goes to Cove, handy for next year. 

Pretty much this.
If Stenny are also a disaster from set pieces then you’ll have a good chance.
We were there for the taking defensively first half but weren't tested other than from corners really. Lyness is a bombscare. I hope we have the opt out clause in his contract for next season. Crane at fault for the first by yet again misjudging a ball in behind him, seems to happen alot with him. What 'keeper stands still at a corner and doesn't even attempt to attack a ball put right in towards him? Dean Lyness.

We played some decent stuff at times today. Barjonas actually had a good game. He was involved in most of what we did going forward and played some good passes in behind. I think he's normally torture to watch but fair play today.