Rovers v Bazza Smiff’s Brechin

41 minutes ago, Paco said:

Unless there’s some sort of exemption rule in place for the play-offs, Kevin Nisbet is out of the second leg against Forfar.

Sixth booking of the season, ban takes 14 days to take effect.

Don't quote me on this, but it's now 10 or 12 bookings I think, so he'll be fine.

@Skyline Drifter can clear things up on that though.

Don't quote me on this, but it's now 10 or 12 bookings I think, so he'll be fine.
[mention=106]Skyline Drifter[/mention] can clear things up on that though.

Fingers crossed. I was going by this which seems to suggest he’ll be out:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

On today’s game, felt we were pretty comfortable but a dodgy keeper made it a close game. Dave McKay was terrific at times at right back and we genuinely might’ve went down without Nisbet. What a player.

What a tragedy it would be if Sam McGuff or Dean Lyness were to pick up an injury at training on Monday meaning we could sign another goalie...

10 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

@Skyline Drifter can clear things up on that though.

If you havent been booked 6 times by league match 18 the 6th booking suspension lapses and you have to get 12 for a ban, albeit that ban would be two games.

If you havent been booked 6 times by league match 18 the 6th booking suspension lapses and you have to get 12 for a ban, albeit that ban would be two games.

Terrific. I was motivated to look it up by Nisbet’s reaction more than anything else, as he looked genuinely devastated to be booked and was still wandering about with his head in his hands a minute or two later.

Sorry for the panic guys. All hail King Kev.

I wasn’t as happy as I thought i’d be to see Barry Smith at the end. Schadenfreude just doesn’t hold the same joy anymore.

It was good to get the win, but a narrow home win over a doomed looking Brechin, with some more defensive clangers, doesn’t fill me with confidence for the play-offs. Still, fingers crossed.

28 minutes ago, Paco said:

Terrific. I was motivated to look it up by Nisbet’s reaction more than anything else, as he looked genuinely devastated to be booked and was still wandering about with his head in his hands a minute or two later.

Sorry for the panic guys. All hail King Kev.

Possibly Nisbet thought he was suspended? If he had been it would've been a struggle to even motivate myself to attend the play offs without him. It would be that bad.

Still raging at McGlynn for subbing McKay, who was having a decent game. There's no tactical advantage in changing a like for like full back but if he was going to do it Crane should have been off.
Can only think it was to give Murray game time after illness. McKay had a good game. Could we turn him into a right back?

14 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
36 minutes ago, Beachbum said:
Still raging at McGlynn for subbing McKay, who was having a decent game. There's no tactical advantage in changing a like for like full back but if he was going to do it Crane should have been off.

Can only think it was to give Murray game time after illness. McKay had a good game. Could we turn him into a right back?

Or just play Watson, who IS a right back 

Or just play Watson, who IS a right back 

McKay was much better today than Watson has ever looked, albeit he only played about an hour so you can’t make a full judgement. I thought he was terrific and we were a lot poorer with Murray in his place.

Compare his use of the ball to Davidson/Benedictus and it really is night and day. It’s late in the day but I’d be considering putting Murray back to left back and dropping Crane for the play-offs.

Dominated a lot of it despite never looking comfortable due to some awful work at the back.

Brechin weren't very good and they really mucked up by firing Dodds when 6th, only to appoint Smith. Some folk looking a bit daft now, what a dreadful manager he is. 

All three subs have came back from injury/ illness so made sense to give them game time.
Where's Frank?
:blink:
We won so probably won't see him.