Dunfermline v Greenock Morton - The 5th Place Shan-off

12 hours ago, Larbert_Par said:

Thought we were just about the better team first half but we again couldn't get the ball on target. The biggest chance was when Vincent was put in on a plate, but then took too long and wasted it.

I think that understates it considerably. For all that you didn’t create much with it, I thought you were comfortably the better team and in control of the game in the first half. It was more to do with our midfield offering no defensive presence than Dunfermline playing well but you were overrunning us. In a season that’s seen us take several pumpings in the league with some embarrassing cup results thrown in too, it was a candidate for one of our worst performances.

I thought it only really changed with the double sub after an hour. We hadn’t been finding any space in midfield to pass it out and hoofing it saw the ball coming right back at us as Dallas was never in danger of getting near any of them. Even though Millar was wasteful in possession at times just having him there gave us a bit of structure in the middle of the park to find space to play it out, and while holding the ball up isn’t McHugh’s game having someone who isn’t miles out of his depth up with Kiltie gave us options for passes before being crowded out in midfield as we had been in the first half. The red card then helped massively of course.

It’s pretty tragic that we were ever in danger of relegation and it shouldn’t have happened, but despite knowing it’s no real achievement it did make yesterday a great day out. Loved that last 10 minutes.

26 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

So f**k off ray mckinnon...

Not going to lie here, thats still stuck in my head. Someone needs booked to sing it on view from the terrace.

So f**k off Ray McKinnon, the Ton's still fuckin winning, yer going down down down, yer going down down down.

It's a lovely song :whistle

12 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

So f**k off Ray McKinnon, the Ton's still fuckin winning, yer going down down down, yer going down down down.

It's a lovely song :whistle

Has got a nice wee ring to it.

4 hours ago, stu_mfc said:

The sports bar in main stand is a brilliant facility, wish we had something like that. 

Cracking place to unwind after the game and check results. 

Aye its really good, did you go pre match? They sometimes have a live act in, mental we didn't utilise it under our previous owners. 

Seing that penalty call again and I still reckon its the wrong call. Not on the wind up here but were Morton fans thinking of a different incident with regards to the two handed shove? 

Looks a clear penalty to me. Sure it looks like there should be a comedy " boing " at the moment of contact as kiltie is flying through the air but it's a clear push on the back while he's in the air.

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye its really good, did you go pre match? They sometimes have a live act in, mental we didn't utilise it under our previous owners. 

Seing that penalty call again and I still reckon its the wrong call. Not on the wind up here but were Morton fans thinking of a different incident with regards to the two handed shove? 

Just had a couple after game before heading for train. Now we know it's there will definetly use it pre game as well. 

Penalty at time looked like a clear shove, could have just been the angle (or beer) that made it look like a two handed shove. 

Confirms that the penalty is a stonewaller. Kiltie jumps for it and Hippolyte clearly brings his arm up and shoves him in the back. I have no idea how anyone who watches football can describe that as soft.

Never a foul on McCrorie though, classic over-protection of goalkeepers.