Dunfermline v Greenock Morton - The 5th Place Shan-off

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I watched it on Pars TV and maybe the quality of it didn't show the shove, I couldn't see it. Maybe on crisper highlights will prove it.

Aye, initially I thought I'd missed something but in the replay at no point did Hyppo have have both his hands up, genuinely looked like the bloke had mistimed his jump something rotten. 

44 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, initially I thought I'd missed something but in the replay at no point did Hyppo have have both his hands up, genuinely looked like the bloke had mistimed his jump something rotten. 

Looked like Kiltie was struggling to get his head over the ball and your man mistimed his jump and position. Also let out a guilty plea and knew he fecked up.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Spelling

We were awful for the first hour then started to show a bit of fight. Referee was all over the place, but the penalty was a stonewaller - absolutely needless two-handed shove in the back, and I don't think he was connecting with the cross anyway.

Another terrible result but thankfully we are going to end up being - somehow - better than at least two sides this season.

Only positive is the vast majority of these players will be gone by the start of the next campaign and the lingering hope that the board will accept that 1/21 points is nowhere near good enough to even consider Crawford as a viable option going forward.

Also, just play the kids up at Inverness. They’ll have their reserves out anyway and no need for the dross to travel all that way when they can be working with their agents to agree deals with Raith Rovers.

Thought we were just about the better team first half but we again couldn't get the ball on target. The biggest chance was when Vincent was put in on a plate, but then took too long and wasted it.

I don't know what was said at half-time as we weren't anywhere near as good (not that we were good first half by any means) in the second half. Unless he had a knock, I found the substitution of Anderson baffling but nothing has changed throughout the season - we're too slow, predictable and lack creativity. In saying that, I thought Hippolyte was our best player today; worked hard and at least looked a bit of a threat.

I thought the second yellow for Longridge was harsh, but it looked a clear penalty to me. From my view, looked an absolutely needless challenge to make.

The fact that we've had to rely on results elsewhere to ensure we stayed up is absolutely horrific. This season has without a doubt been one of the worst in 25 years of following the club. We haven't been able to score, there's been little entertainment of the quality of football has been awful. There's big decisions to be made now but there has to be a clear out in the summer. We've been lucky that other teams have been poorer than us.

Enjoyed the Morton supporters consistent singing of Falkirk's position.

Edited by Larbert_Par

Pretty poor from us again.

Game looked destined for 0-0 until the ref intervened. He absolutely lost it in the 2nd half, high feet being given against faiss with the defender doing a diving header being one of the worst. Didn't get a clear view of the penalty but it's clearly not a yellow to slightly mistime your jump for a header. Ref seemed to not realise he'd booked longridge as it seemed forever for him to pull out the red.

Think the club is lucky that by the time we went behind all the results were going our way and everyone was just happy to see full-time and for a majority of us knowledge we won't need to watch the majority of these players again.

Been relatively supportive of Crawford but hooking Anderson was bonkers, he's the only one with any kind of quality.

Morton keeper was a joke. Ok he was always going to get the free kick , there was no need to lie about and then bizarrely try and claim an elbow.

Decent support from Morton with some fantastic singing, hopefully their wish is confirmed next week.

Did the players have the nerve to do the old 'walking round the pitch applauding the fans' that players do in the last home game, and if so, what was the fan reaction?
They walked towards the tunnel and clapped a wee bit. Someone near me shouted how dare you applaud that but he was also having his usual meltdown. Sandy Clark squared up to him a few months ago.
Most people had walked out after the penalty.