Dunfermline v Greenock Morton - The 5th Place Shan-off

I know this league is fecked up, but how can you guys go from  winning 5 on the bounce, scoring 7 and conceding 0 to not winning in 6 losing 5 of them, scoring just 3 and conceding 8.

Thought you were a certainty for the playoffs the way you were going.

How's Scully getting on?

14 minutes ago, madton said:

I know this league is fecked up, but how can you guys go from  winning 5 on the bounce, scoring 7 and conceding 0 to not winning in 6 losing 5 of them, scoring just 3 and conceding 8.

How's Scully getting on?

I still can't explain the five wins. Looked improbable/impossible before it happened and seems even stranger now. It may well be all that keeps us up though.

Scully has done quite well, minus the absolute c**t he made of the Ayr winner at EEP.

1 hour ago, madton said:

How's Scully getting on?

Other than beating Partick most of those wins could have went either way. Now we aren’t getting the luck and our best player is injured.

No complaints on Scully from me. Just seems to be that he does okay with us, I can't think of any goals conceded in the last 6 games that were his fault, however I can think of at least 8 top class saves he has made from point blank range, especially one against Queens at East End in March in the last minute. It could be an entirely different situation if that had gone in.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

No complaints on Scully from me. Just seems to be that he does okay with us, I can't think of any goals conceded in the last 6 games that were his fault, however I can think of at least 8 top class saves he has made from point blank range, especially one against Queens at East End in March in the last minute. It could be an entirely different situation if that had gone in.

He's been good but he made a mess of the Ayr winner.

Scully has been absolutely sound in his return to EEP.

Aside from the Partick humping, those 5 games really could have gone either way. I think we were just shanning and shitfesting our way through games and hoping to get lucky. Therefore it is no wonder it has went to pot the past 6 games. We just lump balls up the park, hope for the best and hope the centre-backs don't cause mistakes. It's like watching a part-time team try to grind out results when they're in a league way out their depth. Absolutely pathetic. 

Edited by DAFC.

I thought we played well in the first half at Firhill. We definitely sat way back in the second half though. It appeared to be a deliberate tactic and it was awful. Even then we had a chance to go 3 up, and had a chance later on at 2-2. However it was obvious how the game was going just a few minutes in to the second half. 

18 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Scully has been absolutely sound in his return to EEP.

Aside from the Partick humping, those 5 games really could have gone either way. I think we were just shanning and shitfesting our way through games and hoping to get lucky. Therefore it is no wonder it has went to pot the past 6 games. We just lump balls up the park, hope for the best and hope the centre-backs don't cause mistakes. It's like watching a part-time team try to grind out results when they're in a league way out their depth. Absolutely pathetic. 

Strangely, I felt we actually did try and pass it about at home to Falkirk but we did such a bad job of it that we kept losing possession. During the first half of that game I could almost see what Crawford was after but mostly it's just been aimless rubbish.

What's the roulette line-up this week given Beadling and Vincent are out?

Scully

J Longridge
Devine
Ashcroft
Williamson

L Longridge
Todd
Blair
Craigen

El Bak
Anderson

Can see Myles Offside given the nod ahead of L Longridge mind you. *Shudder*

Keep the Pars in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. 

Edited by DAFC.

Just let us win eh, you have 3 points in the bag against  Inverness reserves next week. DU will rest some I'm sure but with 10 days before their semi final, they will prob be a lot stronger than what Inverness will be.

You owe us for beating Falkirk last week!

All eyes on Dingwall tonight, absolutely need County to take care of business! A QOTS win doesn't bare thinking about!

Presume we will line up the same as the last few weeks but with Dallas  replacing Oliver. McHugh might get the nod but just back from injury so doubt it.

McCrorie

Kilday Buchanan McAlister 

Tumilty                                               Iredale

Telfer   Lyon   Tidser

Kiltie Dallas.

Bench- Gaston, Millar, McHugh, O'Connell, Dykes/

Edited by madton