Reserves lost Mccolm to Kilwinning on loan from the first team. Murray Baxter on way out. John Lowe Chunky McCauley Allan Jenkins Robert Middleton all putting pen to paper. Other players who were on their way out like Lewis dunn. Lewis McIntyre Dean Agnew and Callum Scott all look like staying, everyone else signed up from my hearing 

Threave looking like the team to stop. Hugh Cameron, Lewis Todd, Adam uphill, Bryce Wilson all signed up. Also hoping to sign up soltys and Scotty Milligan. 

Vale- signed a couple of squad players but Goss looks to have said no dalbeattie which is excellant news. 

Lochar signed Taylor hall as back up goalie to Martin. Biggest news from Lochar is that Ian Anderson looks to leaving for junior side cumnock but nothing on lochar social sites. 

Threave have big intentions and signing all these players is great but can only field 11 and I’m sure these players won’t be fancying sitting on a bench 

33 minutes ago, SaintMan said:

Threave have big intentions and signing all these players is great but can only field 11 and I’m sure these players won’t be fancying sitting on a bench 

Same old story SaintMan , some Clubs fill their squads to beyond realistic capacity pre season then within a fortnight several very quickly realise that’s the situation and look to relocate !  As you say only 11 can play and the rest suddenly have to accept the grass wasn’t necessarily greener on the other side - loyalty for many of today’s lads certainly seems to be a thing of the past ! I know of lads who’ve moved half a dozen times as teenagers or early twenties and compare this too several friends who might have at most played for two Clubs over a 15 year career ! Modern World and way of thinking I guess , real shame most don’t really put a great deal of thought into moving on at the drop of a hat 

Threave looking like the team to stop. Hugh Cameron, Lewis Todd, Adam uphill, Bryce Wilson all signed up. Also hoping to sign up soltys and Scotty Milligan. 

Vale- signed a couple of squad players but Goss looks to have said no dalbeattie which is excellant news. 

Lochar signed Taylor hall as back up goalie to Martin. Biggest news from Lochar is that Ian Anderson looks to leaving for junior side cumnock but nothing on lochar social sites. 

Got to go where the big money is for the Threave new boys.

Hearing Threave have offered good cash for the Bonnyton centre half Houston. Good signing

rightly so, money on offer is a complete disrespect to the league but a great move for Houston at this stage in his career.

Got to go where the big money is for the Threave new boys.

give it 6 weeks few dodgy results the big money boys wont be happy manager’s on a sticky wicket full thing goes tits up, can read it like a book some teams never learn.

4 minutes ago, stevenbfc_ said:

give it 6 weeks few dodgy results the big money boys wont be happy manager’s on a sticky wicket full thing goes tits up, can read it like a book some teams never learn.

Did you make up this account simply to have a go at the Threave’s of this World ? Might not be popular with many people splashing the cash but such is life - its their money which they've generated through a successful commercial side and realistically it’s up to them what them do with it ! The challenge for others is to prove on the field money doesn’t necessarily buy success 

Did you make up this account simply to have a go at the Threave’s of this World ? Might not be popular with many people splashing the cash but such is life - its their money which they've generated through a successful commercial side and realistically it’s up to them what them do with it ! The challenge for others is to prove on the field money doesn’t necessarily buy success 

not at all mate, just an honest evaluation might be right might be wrong, we aw seen it throughout every level of the game, time will tell, maybe take bonnyton nd Stranraer to another level stronger league.

11 hours ago, Andy88 said:

Hearing Threave have offered good cash for the Bonnyton centre half Houston. Good signing

Be surprised if that’s true with all their signings so far they have enough defenders already probably too many especially centre half’s 

On 04/06/2019 at 10:21, Reserves said:

Reserves lost Mccolm to Kilwinning on loan from the first team. Murray Baxter on way out. John Lowe Chunky McCauley Allan Jenkins Robert Middleton all putting pen to paper. Other players who were on their way out like Lewis dunn. Lewis McIntyre Dean Agnew and Callum Scott all look like staying, everyone else signed up from my hearing 

Agnew, Mccolm away to Kilwinning... Baxter and Murray away to Victoria... Middleton staying at newton with John Lowe, chunky, and Allan Jenkins signing.

thats Reserves lost all their fire power up top with a whole load of 16 year olds coming up from 17s so I think Reserves will be solid but dunno where goals will come from 

Agnew, Mccolm away to Kilwinning... Baxter and Murray away to Victoria... Middleton staying at newton with John Lowe, chunky, and Allan Jenkins signing.
thats Reserves lost all their fire power up top with a whole load of 16 year olds coming up from 17s so I think Reserves will be solid but dunno where goals will come from 

Point of a reserve team surely, for boys to sign for the first team and the 3 boys who have signed for the first team will do a lot of learning in the junior leagues. Good luck to them.

Still be a decent squad but maybe won’t be fancied as much now.

5 hours ago, SaintMan said:

Has Middleton signed on again at Newton do you know and any other news from around the South ? Stranraer will certainly be looking to replace their brilliant forward line from last Season surely 

3 minutes ago, AML67 said:

Has Middleton signed on again at Newton do you know and any other news from around the South ? Stranraer will certainly be looking to replace their brilliant forward line from last Season surely 

It will be interesting to see if they can be bothered to register their players correctly this time, not that it will make any difference anyway 

This thread seems to suggest Middleton has signed again for Newton. I’d have thought that they’ll bring youth through from their u16’s/17’s, certainly the ones that are good enough. Not heard too many rumours of south signings so far but still early days

It will be interesting to see if they can be bothered to register their players correctly this time, not that it will make any difference anyway 

I seen Newton have signed that boy this year so not Stranraer’s problem Billy!

45 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

I seen Newton have signed that boy this year so not Stranraer’s problem Billy!

He’s a cracking wee player Jack Marshall and will be a huge boost for Newton as will Robert Middleton if he does indeed stay ! Not heard a lot of movement in South teams bar obviously Threave although Abbey Vale appears to have retained the bulk of a very decent side. Saints advertising for a Manager tonight , who’ll get that job ?