Canadian Premier League

senorsoupe

Oh look, another thread where I can haphazardly interject shirts into the conversation. A closer look at the home shirts for all 7 CanPL clubs (you may disregard my bitter opinions supplied in text);

https://twitter.com/Club25Football/status/1114114677028552704

Edited by DutchBorderer

On 4/27/2019 at 06:25, Tarmo Kink said:

I believe Ottawa Fury are staying in the USL too. I’m not sure how long that will be allowed though.

The Fury are playing a "wait and see" approach to the CPL for the time being.  CONCACAF tried to strong arm them into the CPL at the last minute but the Fury won a repreive for at least a year.  If season 1 of the CPL is successful then the Fury will move next year

• 10 months later...

So a new season is coming soon and we have a team here in Ottawa called Atletico Ottawa who are bankrolled by Atletico Madrid.  So far they have signed 6 players including one with a Scottish connection, former Arbroath goalie Ricky Gomes!

I'm going to try and follow this league a bit more closely this season and get behind York 9 since I may be moving to York Region in the future and I like their kits. 

The team have a stadium design ready but as yet do not have a location to build it.

York 9 fc.jpg

They currently don't play in their home region as  they are playing at York Lions Stadium on the campus of York University, which is 2 minutes drive south of Steeles Ave which separates the city of Toronto from York Region 

Edited by Torpar

• 2 weeks later...
So a new season is coming soon and we have a team here in Ottawa called Atletico Ottawa who are bankrolled by Atletico Madrid.  So far they have signed 6 players including one with a Scottish connection, former Arbroath goalie Ricky Gomes!

Just saw this thread and was coming on to post about Ricky Gomes. What a player [emoji7]

On 11/03/2020 at 17:49, Torpar said:

I'm going to try and follow this league a bit more closely this season and get behind York 9 since I may be moving to York Region in the future and I like their kits. 

The team have a stadium design ready but as yet do not have a location to build it.

York 9 fc.jpg

They currently don't play in their home region as  they are playing at York Lions Stadium on the campus of York University, which is 2 minutes drive south of Steeles Ave which separates the city of Toronto from York Region 

Wid?