Rangers vs Aberdeen Sun 28th

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, kingjoey said:
Aberdeen have really got under the skin of everyone connected with Killie as well, obviously.

How exactly? I am making what I know is a doomed attempt to teach a Rangers fan the offside law. Wasn't overly fussed at the time & the correct decision was reached with Broadfoots ban being upheld & McKenzies being downgraded. There were multiple headsgone around our support in the aftermath of that game, I wasn't one of them.

Fair enough. However, the number of Killie fans on this thread revelling in our misery, kind of highlights my point.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

This thread:

Steve Clarke needs to watch that clip and then re-evaluate his comments after the match against Aberdeen. I had forgotten how bad that match actually was. The worst refereeing performance ever in Scotland?

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, Gusty said:
Of course it matters where the defenders  is emoji38.png

Hmm, so by your logic, if a goalkeeper has possession of the ball a couple of feet over the goal line but his foot is still on the line it's not a goal? Offside is determined by the position of the entire body, where your feet are have nothing to do with it, unless of course they are in an offside position.

So by your logic it doesn't matter where a defender is to determine off side :lol:

Do you want to rethink that? 

The last Aberdeen defenders foot was planted on the 18 yard line. Anything outside the box is onside. Tavs little finger nail MIGHT have been just in front of the defenders foot BUT the rest of his body was onside. It was a lot tighter than i first thought but was clearly onside

So by your logic it doesn't matter where a defender is to determine off side :lol:
Do you want to rethink that? 
The last Aberdeen defenders foot was planted on the 18 yard line. Anything outside the box is onside. Tavs little finger nail MIGHT have been just in front of the defenders foot BUT the rest of his body was onside. It was a lot tighter than i first thought but was clearly onside

Bob, rangers won. It’s ok mate.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That’s all very well, but VAR is so infuriating for people like Gusty, who doesn’t want to be celebrating a goal for a few seconds, only for VAR to correctly rule the goal out. It’s so unfair. I feel for him.

Spurs goal clearly went in of the players arm. Clear as day from one camera angle but referee never saw that angle. 

An obvious problem that will need ironed out is Linesmen are told not to flag for close calls but to allow play to continue and let VAR decide. There were a few off side decisions that night that led to corners etc but VAR doesn't over rule those decisions but what happens if a team score from that corner? What happens if it leads to a free kick they score from? 

1 minute ago, Gusty said:

Spurs goal clearly went in of the players arm. Clear as day from one camera angle but referee never saw that angle. 

An obvious problem that will need ironed out is Linesmen are told not to flag for close calls but to allow play to continue and let VAR decide. There were a few off side decisions that night that led to corners etc but VAR doesn't over rule those decisions but what happens if a team score from that corner? What happens if it leads to a free kick they score from?

Scoring a goal with your arm is not an infringement until next season, it has to be deliberate handball for the goal to be disallowed.

Assistant referees are told to delay their flag only if there is a chance of a goal being scored and it's a close offside decision. If an AR delays their flag but the attack peters out then they will raise their flag. If they miss an offside and it goes out for a corner or is a free kick then that's just tough luck.

Sitting beside a Rangers fan today who has told me that games like yesterday and the 4 penalty game against us are all part of an SFA plan to make it look like they are not biased against Rangers. 

That then allows biased decisions to be made against them at a later date.

:1eye

Well that was predictable result with all the injuries we had, i just never thought they would have got controversial decisions against us to win. Rangers did deserved to win although for a team that we put out they should be creating a lot more chances than they did. 

Not very confident in the next 3 games if our injuries don't clear up.  

1 hour ago, Silvio said:

Sitting beside a Rangers fan today who has told me that games like yesterday and the 4 penalty game against us are all part of an SFA plan to make it look like they are not biased against Rangers. 

That then allows biased decisions to be made against them at a later date.

:1eye

As a Rangers fan, this 'bias' patter from some in our fan-base is utterly mental. It's the sort of mentalist rubbish we used to give Celtic it tight for. 

There is no bias, the standard of refereeing in Scotland is absolutely abysmal and these decision go a full circle.

We'll be on the end of some absolute stinkers, and games like yesterday will happen where we have a couple that go for us. 

Overall, Aberdeen set up well against us, with a game plan to disrupt and play for a point - that could have gone one of two ways for us yesterday as we have previously been disastrous against teams sitting back. 

Happy with the result though.

Edit: Typo

Edited by KingKamara

Is that right that Aberdeen were forced by Rangers to switch to their away kit so there was no colour clash with Allan McGregor's goalkeeper jersey?

What a marker Rangers put down yesterday. They easily swat aside Aberdeen to take second place off them and even dictated which kit they wore. That is a 'put in your place' and then some by the Rangers, something which may we'll set Aberdeen back years.

Is that right that Aberdeen were forced by Rangers to switch to their away kit so there was no colour clash with Allan McGregor's goalkeeper jersey?
What a marker Rangers put down yesterday. They easily swat aside Aberdeen to take second place off them and even dictated which kit they wore. That is a 'put in your place' and then some by the Rangers, something which may we'll set Aberdeen back years.
Swatting aside ain't all that hard when the ref calls 3 crucial decisions wrong...

Sevco thought Celtic having lots of fans helped them.

Now they seem to think our red kit helped us.

But they still needed Don Robertson just to make sure.

Does Gerrard actually instruct his players to roll about holding their face?  Seems to be the Sevconian MO......

Just now, Ken Fitlike said:
13 minutes ago, MJC said:

Swatting aside ain't all that hard when the ref calls 3 crucial decisions wrong...

You're worse for replying to the attention seeking cretin

Ranger's 2nd penalty was 'harsh on the kid' according to Gerrard.  Yet the immediate aftermath clearly shows Gerrard screaming at the 4th official like a wee bitch for it.