Rangers vs Aberdeen Sun 28th

34 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

At the moment it feels like 1 a month.

There would've been another 1 if you hadn't shat the bed at home to Aberdeen in the cup

Cups, Schmups....

An easier route into Europe is preferable.

Disappointed that the tenuous chance of second has gone. 

Hilarious that sevconians had to revert to type* to have a chance against our injury ravaged squad. Special mention for mcgregor's red faced rant at Lowe for patting him on the back, and Ryan Kent for living though an imaginary elbow. 

Please sign Greg Stewart. 

*cheating c***s, just in case you were wondering 

Not entirely sure there is any point in Scottish football any more. Its getting to early 2000's standard of reffing when the likes of McCurry, Young and Kenny Clark were allowed to officiate. Aberdeen didn't play well but Robertson had 4 key decisions to make, all of which he managed to award in favour of the home side. All you want is a fair game and with these c***s there is no chance of that, 17 (seventeen) pens this season. Deary me

9 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
10 hours ago, Gusty said:
I have seen the pic and the defenders foot is on the 18 yard line and NO part of Tavs body is ahead of that. Sorry but i don't make the rules. 
VAR can f**k right off!! I was at the Etihad for the City v Spurs game. It will be the death of football. To celebrate like that and then to have the decision overturned minutes later. 

On the still frame i viewed earlier, his upper body was offside, does not matter where the foot is. If any part of the attacking players body that can legally score a goal is offside, then it is offside. Take the referees exam then comment & do it impartially as we are all meant to do.

Of course it matters where the defenders  is :lol:

8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

With VAR there’s no way rangers would’ve finished 2nd this season.

We agree on this at least. 

Goal against Dundee was onside.

Morelos wrongly sent off against Aberdeen twice

Celtic goal in first Old Firm disallowed

And so on and so on.

No way Rangers would have been second with VAR.

It will ruin football. You will never be able to celebrate a winning goal again if it is a tight decision. Even with VAR a Spurs player was allowed to score a goal with his hand FFS. It is not going to get rid of human error. 

It will never get rid of paranoid Diddies thinking an organisation set up to aid one club (quoting Stewart Gilmour) is also helping their closest rivals.

Anyway i enjoyed listening to Radio Scotland and reading the Sheep on here. Its been fun.

Oh and before i head out to work. Derek McInnes completed the hilarity by complaining about Katic going down too easily by saying his own player was too honest and he should have gone down :lol:

8 minutes ago, Gusty said:

We agree on this at least. 

Goal against Dundee was onside.

Morelos wrongly sent off against Aberdeen twice

Celtic goal in first Old Firm disallowed

And so on and so on.

No way Rangers would have been second with VAR.

It will ruin football. You will never be able to celebrate a winning goal again if it is a tight decision. Even with VAR a Spurs player was allowed to score a goal with his hand FFS. It is not going to get rid of human error. 

It will never get rid of paranoid Diddies thinking an organisation set up to aid one club (quoting Stewart Gilmour) is also helping their closest rivals.

Anyway i enjoyed listening to Radio Scotland and reading the Sheep on here. Its been fun.

Oh and before i head out to work. Derek McInnes completed the hilarity by complaining about Katic going down too easily by saying his own player was too honest and he should have gone down :lol:

Interesting story.

Guest Moomintroll
Of course it matters where the defenders  is [emoji38]
Hmm, so by your logic, if a goalkeeper has possession of the ball a couple of feet over the goal line but his foot is still on the line it's not a goal? Offside is determined by the position of the entire body, where your feet are have nothing to do with it, unless of course they are in an offside position.

A sign of how much Aberdeen have got under Rangers skin this season, in that Rangers contacted the SPFL to force Aberdeen to wear our change strip at Ibrox because our red strip clashed with Alan McGregor’s goalie top. And to compound that, the SPFL sided with Rangers. I take it that things are so tight at Ibrox they can only afford to have one goalie strip?

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
25 minutes ago, Gusty said:
Of course it matters where the defenders  is emoji38.png

Hmm, so by your logic, if a goalkeeper has possession of the ball a couple of feet over the goal line but his foot is still on the line it's not a goal? Offside is determined by the position of the entire body, where your feet are have nothing to do with it, unless of course they are in an offside position.

Aberdeen have really got under the skin of everyone connected with Killie as well, obviously.

Dire game, our depleted side went looking for what would have been a useful point.

Looked like there was a fair chance we'd get it due to Joe Lewis and some resolute defence - but then the referee intervened.

Having weegie-centric west-central Scotland refs that just react to any old wail from the Copland Road end is a killer.............yet the eyesight fails them when the opponents' keeper is slapped in the face.

Edited by tarapoa

Guest Moomintroll
Aberdeen have really got under the skin of everyone connected with Killie as well, obviously.
How exactly? I am making what I know is a doomed attempt to teach a Rangers fan the offside law. Wasn't overly fussed at the time & the correct decision was reached with Broadfoots ban being upheld & McKenzies being downgraded. There were multiple headsgone around our support in the aftermath of that game, I wasn't one of them.

The prospect of a Shinnie-less midfield next season is thoroughly depressing. No drive, no bite, no control.

It often feels like we have no attacking gameplan at all in the bigger games this season. The total man-marking system that McInnes insists on using always results in everyone being out of position when we do win the ball back, so we just lose it again.

44 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The prospect of a Shinnie-less midfield next season is thoroughly depressing. No drive, no bite, no control.

It often feels like we have no attacking gameplan at all in the bigger games this season. The total man-marking system that McInnes insists on using always results in everyone being out of position when we do win the ball back, so we just lose it again.

With Shinnie gone you’ll also have nobody left to help the referee.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Not really it’s just that we’re enjoying a wee bit of karma which is facilitated by poor refereeing . Visit last weeks Killie Aberdeen thread for more information 

Watched the game on Swiss TV yesterday. Second penalty was the highlight. My French is terrible, but I took the commentators laughter at the second penalty award as meaning he thought it was a clear penalty...

I don’t think it’s the system. It’s the players.

When we get the ball yesterday, there’s no one to get us up the pitch. Cosgrove doesn’t hold the ball up, he disrupts back fours and can sometimes finish. He’s not a man for these games. We have no wide men to counter attack with, we have no ball carriers in midfield (shinnie can provide that), we have no number 10 to create things, We have no bite to break up rangers attacks as they knock it about.

No system would’ve made that game different yesterday.

VAR is fantastic.  It helps greatly in the allowing or disallowing of goals.  Gets known cheats booked for diving/known arseholes red carded for elbowing others in the face or studding folk in the knee at 100mph.  

It means the rules are applied correctly.  The City v Spurs game was a perfect example of why football needs VAR.  Like the TMO in rugby and Hawkeye in tennis.  It rules out human error which can cost clubs/players big time.

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

VAR is fantastic.  It helps greatly in the allowing or disallowing of goals.  Gets known cheats booked for diving/known arseholes red carded for elbowing others in the face or studding folk in the knee at 100mph.  

It means the rules are applied correctly.  The City v Spurs game was a perfect example of why football needs VAR.  Like the TMO in rugby and Hawkeye in tennis.  It rules out human error which can cost clubs/players big time.

That’s all very well, but VAR is so infuriating for people like Gusty, who doesn’t want to be celebrating a goal for a few seconds, only for VAR to correctly rule the goal out. It’s so unfair. I feel for him.