Saints vs Saintees 27/4/19

4 minutes ago, Silvio said:

I love my shitey team. Give me some yoyo seasons with cracking promotion campaigns and a major trophy every 25 years or so and I'll be fine.

You can have your 7th place finishes and one major trophy every 100 years.

Oh, and your 236 fans

What a bizarre thing to get so excited about!

Out of interest, what number would have been acceptable to you?

9 minutes ago, GAD said:

Wee Ali doing his best here, but 236 fans. Just no coming back from that.

No coming back from relegation either.

5 minutes ago, Silvio said:

I love my shitey team. Give me some yoyo seasons with cracking promotion campaigns and a major trophy every 25 years or so and I'll be fine.

You can have your 7th place finishes and one major trophy every 100 years.

Oh, and your 236 fans. 

I love your shitey team too. They make me laugh.

You should try Europe. It's good.

4 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

No coming back from relegation either.

I love your shitey team too. They make me laugh.

You should try Europe. It's good.

236. All no voting Tory bumpkin farmers as well. Diddies.

Just to reiterate, 236.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Just to reiterate, we’ve qualified for Europe more times this decade than you have in your history. 

I’ve personally been to Norway, Switzerland and Lithuania watching my club. Lot of Saints fans will have done Turkey/Slovakia/Armenia as well. 

I remember being in Switzerland thinking how I’d trade it all for the chance to win the Irn Bru Challenge Cup just one more time though. 

Two hundred and thirty six.

It's interesting st Mirren fans want to belittle St Johnstone in this way. And then I did a wee bit of digging on the way up the road out of curiosity.
If you include this season, as 10th is realistically their best finish, St Mirren's best league seasons have been finishing 8th in the top league on 2 occasions (TWO) in the past thirty (30) seasons.
Other than those two stellar seasons, their next best is 10th a few times. A lot of 11th and 12th's as well. And 16 seasons in the division below.
Now I take no pleasure in highlighting these facts, but I was quite shocked at how shite they actually are.
No wonder their fans are bouncing at getting a 1-1 draw at home to us in what was nothing more than an end of season workout for St Johnstone.
The chance of 10th is still within your grasp buddies, shoot for those stars...

They will be partying in there Ferguslie Park crack dens tonight [emoji106]

9 minutes ago, codfish said:

f**k me, this thread’s become a tough read!

Brutal stuff. St Mirren fans think its hilarious to talk about crowd size, St Johnstone fans havent been able to mock a worse team for focusing on that since Partick were relegated, so have plenty to get out the system. 

A perfect blend for a shitfest/crowdwank thread. 

This is why I miss Partick and feel sad they'll be in League One next season, be ages until we get the "rather lose and play well than win like St Johnstone" chat, them and Falkirk will probably both still have bigger home crowds than us in League One, I'm sure.

Brutal stuff. St Mirren fans think its hilarious to talk about crowd size, St Johnstone fans havent been able to mock a worse team for focusing on that since Partick were relegated, so have plenty to get out the system. 
A perfect blend for a shitfest/crowdwank thread. 
This is why I miss Partick and feel sad they'll be in League One next season, be ages until we get the "rather lose and play well than win like St Johnstone" chat, them and Falkirk will probably both still have bigger home crowds than us in League One, I'm sure.

Just wait until our thread for the Hamilton game in a couple of weeks - crowdwank by post 3 IMO.

There's no way st Mirren will lose that match, what with all the FANS they'll have there.

That’s a relief! Been worried about that one for a while, but forgot about the crowd points.

Was saying before the game that St Johnstone are the kind of club we should be looking to ‘copy’ to an extent - stay up, stabilise and work towards a consistent finish in the 5th-8th range. With our MASSIVE support, it should be easy!

Just need to do that ‘stay up’ bit first.......

24 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

They will be partying in there Ferguslie Park crack dens tonight emoji106.png

You ignored the fact the fans were bouncing at 0-0 Again when getting beat , again when drawing. You fans are as boring that I have ever seen at our stadium

The worst team I have seen at St Mirren stadium stop teams playing seriously you don't see it ? You could say part of the game but Jesus plastic St Johnstone are as boring as their fans.