Airdrie vs The Champions

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Spence and Donnelly...

The unfortunate thing for this pair of January signings is, that McKenna and Wallace, were the signings from the January before and they have been very good for us

4 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Arbroath ain’t that good a team they’re consistent that’s been every other team in this leagues problem this season a bit of consistency

That's normally what wins titles, consistency

Arbroath ain’t that good a team they’re consistent that’s been every other team in this leagues problem this season a bit of consistency

In the months from August right up to that game we won the league at Starks park in February we were a fucking brilliant team I promise you that. I realise we squeezed out a shite 1-0 win the last time we played you but conditions played a part, in that time period we were solid, hard to beat, consistent, good to watch (sometimes superb to watch pre Christmas) and relentless.

It's all well and good saying that now whilst we're pissing about giving boys games after being champions.

We've been really fucking impressive for most of this season

Also feel that credit is due to Page. For someone who has taken a lot of stick this season, he looked solidly in control.

I was surprised to see Page return but he certainly made no errors today and had a solid game ;indeed he played better than Robertson has in that back three. Whether he is an answer next season is up for grabs but I did think he would have been a success at the start of season.

Page was fucking honking. The fact that Arbroath did little to trouble us was more down to their ineptitude than Page suddenly becoming a player. He can barely get his feet right before the ball comes to him and consequently on several occasions contrived to have a really shit first touch followed by a fucking horrific second. He is by no means an answer to anything for next season and I imagine the door will hit him on the arse while he leaves as he's that fucking slow. Him and far too many others have had a chance and need to be papped to f**k.

Sorry but although they didn’t hit the ground running Mckenna and wallace were much better than spence and Donnelly when they signed, they surely cannot be in our squad for next season

2 year deals means I think they will be

51 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Sorry but although they didn’t hit the ground running Mckenna and wallace were much better than spence and Donnelly when they signed, they surely cannot be in our squad for next season

in a small squad, players have to fit in, an not sure what Donnelly and Spence bring

I am sure there are means by which we could get rid of Spence and Donnelly by offering them a low pay-off and pointing  out that they are unlikely to be in the team but they must turn up for training and team selection on a Saturday to qualify for their wages otherwise they would be in breach of contract. If they consider it more important to play on a Saturday then they may agree so they can sign for another team.

Consistently good, because we are a good team. You need to be a good team to be consistently good. Just a stupid comment from you tbh.

21 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Page was fucking honking. The fact that Arbroath did little to trouble us was more down to their ineptitude than Page suddenly becoming a player. He can barely get his feet right before the ball comes to him and consequently on several occasions contrived to have a really shit first touch followed by a fucking horrific second. He is by no means an answer to anything for next season and I imagine the door will hit him on the arse while he leaves as he's that fucking slow. Him and far too many others have had a chance and need to be papped to f**k.

I agree with you about his long term weaknesses for us but he was certainly not as bad as you say in this one game. All a matter of opinion :he did make a mess of a first touch in second half and put it into the stand with the second, but he did acknowledge how bad that was.  Since Arbroath put Spence and Donnelly up front they have lost their edge but the back three yesterday did the job on them. There are as you say others who should also be released where possible but the list is long and opinions will vary. I hope Murray gets it right.

I agree with you about his long term weaknesses for us but he was certainly not as bad as you say in this one game. All a matter of opinion :he did make a mess of a first touch in second half and put it into the stand with the second, but he did acknowledge how bad that was.  Since Arbroath put Spence and Donnelly up front they have lost their edge but the back three yesterday did the job on them. There are as you say others who should also be released where possible but the list is long and opinions will vary. I hope Murray gets it right.

Would fancy any centre back in the league to do a job on Spence and Donnelly tbf