Airdrie vs The Champions

The Lichties make the trip to the Penny Cars Stadium/New Broomfield/Excelsior Stadium for what seems a meaningless end of season fixture. Dick might play a few fringe players as he decides if they are worthy of contracts. Hopefully an entertaining 90 minutes will be on offer

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

The Lichties make the trip to the Penny Cars Stadium/New Broomfield/Excelsior Stadium for what seems a meaningless end of season fixture. Dick might play a few fringe players as he decides if they are worthy of contracts. Hopefully an entertaining 90 minutes will be on offer

Given how poor our home form has been for most of the season, but given we are safe now , then there might be some meaning in both sides having fringe players and a goal scoring bonanza? 

If you play Wallace he will score yet again.  We do have the two best defences in the division so maybe a 0-0. The game at Gayfield was entertaining so lets hope.

8 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Aye, I fancy going, but need an incentive. Partner wants to go, as she likes walking the dogs at Palacerigg. Are Airdrie lowering admission prices, seeing as it's likely to be fringe players & not affect promotion/relegation?

Yup, dogs go free...

Aye, I fancy going, but need an incentive. Partner wants to go, as she likes walking the dogs at Palacerigg. Are Airdrie lowering admission prices, seeing as it's likely to be fringe players & not affect promotion/relegation?

Absolutely no chance!
It looks set to be our lowest home crowd of the season, with the exception of possibly the last game against Stenny which was on BBC Alba. A lot of folk I’ve spoken with have no intention of going.

Absolutely no chance!
It looks set to be our lowest home crowd of the season, with the exception of possibly the last game against Stenny which was on BBC Alba. A lot of folk I’ve spoken with have no intention of going.

What? Not even for one more look at the champions?

I hope Doris gets another chance to start and also Pongo who i thought showed his class when he came on against Raith, he never wasted a ball and made everything easy, i for one would love to see both Doris and Pongo still at Gayfield next season.

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

Jamieson

Thompson
TOB
Little
Hammy

Omar
Pongo
Whately
McKenna

Wallace
SimonLichtie

In a bit of a make-a-wish like scenario let’s let Simon live out his dream and partner Wallace up front. I once seen him attempt an overhead kick while holding a pint of Stella and he didn’t spill a drop.

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Jamieson

Thompson
TOB
Little
Hammy

Omar
Pongo
Whately
McKenna

Wallace
SimonLichtie

In a bit of a make-a-wish like scenario let’s let Simon live out his dream and partner Wallace up front. I once seen him attempt an overhead kick while holding a pint of Stella and he didn’t spill a drop.

While that may have been the case initially, the photographic evidence below shows this to not be entirely correct. Unfortunately due to a slippy Gayfield surface (which may not have been helped by the lager spillages on my part :ph34r:) and some piss poor crosses into the box, none of my overhead kick attempts ended on target/ with me connecting with the ball :( Tell you what though....... popping over the road, pint in hand to have a wee kickabout on the hallowed turf mere hours after winning the first title in our history was an excellent way to celebrate :D

image.png.c4c19f6743c282a4152666309fa76b99.png

Considering the above, I feel it probably best I give up my place in the starting 11 and settle for a place on the bench. I'll be happy as long as I can sit next to Waldo for the day and take on some of the physio roles such as applying Mikey McKenna's hair gel and giving Waldo his important post match rub down.

While that may have been the case initially, the photographic evidence below shows this to not be entirely correct. Unfortunately due to a slippy Gayfield surface (which may not have been helped by the lager spillages on my part [emoji185]) and some piss poor crosses into the box, none of my overhead kick attempts ended on target/ with me connecting with the ball [emoji20] Tell you what though....... popping over the road, pint in hand to have a wee kickabout on the hallowed turf mere hours after winning the first title in our history was an excellent way to celebrate [emoji3]
image.png.c4c19f6743c282a4152666309fa76b99.png
Considering the above, I feel it probably best I give up my place in the starting 11 and settle for a place on the bench. I'll be happy as long as I can sit next to Waldo for the day and take on some of the physio roles such as applying Mikey McKenna's hair gel and giving Waldo his important post match rub down.

I thought my crosses were decent for the state I was in. A day I should have always remembered.....but the latter part of it is slightly blurry.

Think the last time we played Arbroath at home there was a bun fight between the Smokies on the thread.

As far as I mind it was a shite game but that brightened the thread up with some drunken eejit calling everyone else on the bus out. 

Looking forward to similar.