Clyde v QP

1 hour ago, Adolfo Rios said:

At the time I did think Ally was offside. Difficult angle using highlights but looks like he could be level with the guy in the right back position. Closer than I thought it was at first anyway. Linesman looks like he’s in a good position too.
IMG_2592.jpg

The white line (joint in the turf) is a guide I think. No matter, better team won. End of.

I said yesterday that 3-0 flattered us. If Galt has converted one of his two one on ones, then the game might’ve been different. 

After Rankins injury and half time, we were on the 2nd foot, we rarely entered the QP half until we broke up the park and scored the 2nd. After that the QP heads went down and we strolled to a finish. 

I don’t think QP are a bad team, they’re not pretty to the eye but they’ve got a committed bunch of lads of all ages. They pluck out results here and there and it looks like consistency is there main issue. 

I’m more confident than others regarding next week. I don’t think for one second QP will lay down, no one does that (except St Mirren in 1986 :lol: ). I can see Peterheid struggling next week against them but if I’m totally honest, I’m more concerned that we do our bit for the bargain as Central Park is not a happy hunting ground for us. 

Safe to say, Saturday can’t come quick enough. If QP play the way they did up until the 2nd goal, then McNallys bottle crashers will be in for a game. 

I think we will win in a tight game next week but only just, what happens at Hampden is anyone's guess, can QP raise their game and get a result? Can Peterhead hold their nerve or are their heads full of mince now, can they handle the pressure? Recent results and performance would suggest otherwise.  It is amazing our team have taken it to the final day, if anyone deserves the title it is us.

Can Peterhead hold their nerve or are their heads full of mince now, can they handle the pressure? Recent results and performance would suggest otherwise.  It is amazing our team have taken it to the final day, if anyone deserves the title it is us.

They had 19 shots at goal yesterday and conceded two points right at the end. Whatever happens our lads will do their best. Sometimes our best isn't quite good enough but nobody at QP turns up planning to have a bad day.

I'd imagine Jeff Stelling will be in shreds.

6 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

They had 19 shots at goal yesterday and conceded two points right at the end. Whatever happens our lads will do their best. Sometimes our best isn't quite good enough but nobody at QP turns up planning to have a bad day.

Of this, i have no doubt. A complete non-issue, its a competitive game of football. Nonsense for anyone to suggest otherwise. 

1 minute ago, spiders4ever said:

The first was surely offside 

Slowed down it definitely looked like the right back for Queens played Love on side. Then it was a question whether Goodwillie was behind Love when the cross came in. Difficult to tell from the footage. It was certainly close. 

I reckon Phead will win comfortably unfortunately. Defending yesterday, particularly with our second goal, was amateur and lacklustre. Dunno if holiday mode has kicked in or the other CB (not the baldy one) just lacks concentration

Regardless, best of luck and I hope to god yous do the job. There is quality in QP it’s just a case of that showing through

Clyde fully deserved the win on their second half performance especially. Summers had a good chance to score first half ( should have shot across the keeper) and Galt really should have burst the net to equalise. Our heads went down after that and all belief disappeared. That's how it looked to me anyway. I was glad by the final whistle that it was only three to be honest .

f**k knows what Peterhead are up to but I hope we do them next week. The day I turn up wanting us not to win will be the day I chuck it. There is also nothing worse than another team celebrating promotion or a title in front of you. We've beaten them at Hampden (2-0) and given them two tough games up there for a change (1-1, 1-2) so we are capable if our better players turn up and perform to their max.  When a team at the top with better quality has more to play for then they usually get what they need but Peterhead seem to be doing their best to disprove that theory 

Edited by Mick1867