Clyde v QP

Based on (misplaced) legal advice, from what i've read. The fact he didn't get his voice heard, in a court of law, is i'm sure a far bigger regret of his than trying to protect his reputation, career and family in that manner. She's the fucking crook here- putting a monetary value on human suffering.
Ah, victim blaming now. Classic.

2 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Mark Roberts kept coming over into the Clyde technical area and kept mouthing off/trying to wind up Allan Moore. After a number of times this happened Danny could see that Allan was getting annoyed with it and went over to Roberts to tell him to wrap it. That’s the point the referee came over and had a word with them both. Then shortly thereafter Roberts tried to wind up Danny this time and Danny in response mock belly laughed at him in a show of “you’re hilarious, not”. Clyde then started bodying QP and after our second goal went in Roberts then went quiet. So yes the very opposite of what you said happened.

Wrong Mark told Lennon to f**k off and Lennon then started to have a go at the assistant.

1 minute ago, Blootoon87 said:
4 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:
Based on (misplaced) legal advice, from what i've read. The fact he didn't get his voice heard, in a court of law, is i'm sure a far bigger regret of his than trying to protect his reputation, career and family in that manner. She's the fucking crook here- putting a monetary value on human suffering.

Ah, victim blaming now. Classic.

And you're 100% certain of his guilt? The seriousness of the allegation does not directly correspond to its accuracy. I'm not saying Goodwillie is innocent or that the woman is lying. I simply don't know and neither do you.

And you're 100% certain of his guilt? The seriousness of the allegation does not directly correspond to its accuracy. I'm not saying Goodwillie is innocent or that the woman is lying. I simply don't know and neither do you.
I'm certainly not 100% sure. Like you say, nobody is. Why blame the woman then as Officer Barbrady is doing?

32 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

What about that two-faced shit Lennon. Complaining to the assistant ref that Mark was straying into the Clyde technical area while he and the other fanny were constantly in it. 

Funny how the scruffy git bottled saying anything directly to Mark.

Mark Roberts was acting like a complete ned all through the first half. I could hear him from where I was sitting so trust me, he was being a total bellend. Glad Lennon didn’t rise to the bait. He was concentrating on making sure Robert’s team received a complete pumping. 

Wrong Mark told Lennon to f**k off and Lennon then started to have a go at the assistant.

And everything that happened before? As I said, selective viewing/memory at best on your part. If Roberts paid as much attention to his team as he does to trying to influence the referee and wind up the opposition dugout, then he might have a few more numbers in the win column.

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
8 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I'm certainly not 100% sure. Like you say, nobody is. Why blame the woman then as Officer Barbrady is doing?

By suing for reparations for an alleged act of brutality? 

10 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

And everything that happened before? As I said, selective viewing/memory at best on your part. If Roberts paid as much attention to his team as he does to trying to influence the referee and wind up the opposition dugout, then he might have a few more numbers in the win column.

Let's wait to judge Robert's until next season when it is his team and not Gus's.

Will be interesting to see how he does against Lennon then if Lennon retains his job after blowing promotion.

Let's wait to judge Robert's until next season when it is his team and not Gus's.
Will be interesting to see how he does against Lennon then if Lennon retains his job after blowing promotion.

It’s quite sad that the highlight of your season won’t be around what your own club do if events play out a certain way.

Good luck next weekend by the way.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I fully understand why Clyde fans wish to "let it go." Not going to happen, though. When you sign someone found guilty of what Goodwillie was found guilty of, people are going to remind you about it for a long time. 

There you go again making things up, just can't help yourself, let it go Elsa.

Just one last go at some football commentary.

Disappointing again that we failed miserably against one of the top four. The first half was pretty even with Clyde's only shot at goal being the goal. I was right in line and understand the rules; the winger was at least two metres offside. The Lino couldn't keep up. Second half we changed back to playing football through the middle, pressed higher and got a bit more involved and actually had Clyde rattled a bit at the back. Galt's missed 1v1 was the game changer. For a man with his firepower it was a really poor effort.

Thereafter we brought back our usual weakness of too many players drifting forward, defence sitting too deep and Clyde had the pace and energy to exploit both as huge gaps in the middle opened up. Second and third goals both came from good possession, easily lost and then our guys not having the strength to compete on the counter. Full marks to Goodwillie for charging down McLean and then stopping it going out, then beating McLean before delivering a good ball in. A simple tap out for a throw-in would have fixed that. But in truth it should never have got that far. Both Gibby and then Jambo hoofing high balls into the box, where we hadn't won a header all day, gave away possession. Jambo's in particular qualified for the fucking-useless category as he was in acres of space, under no pressure and just on the park. Why not run at the defence from there?

I'm still with Roberts as he got a good response after half-time and we played to our strengths for about 20 minutes but then reversed to long "passes" again. Just not good enough. Gerry and Kurty played to their best and a special mention for Jordan for his heroics. The rest were either physically incapable or well below par. Poorest effort from Davie Galt I've ever seen.

For what it's worth to Clyde fans it's going to be tight but the pace and accuracy of finishing you have will give you the edge. Mentally, by far the strongest and most committed from what I've seen and that might yet be the winning ticket. I think it's fairly obvious to all now that if we lose to Peterhead it'll be simply down to lack of quality.

Hope the boy Rankin makes a strong recovery.

41 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

It’s quite sad that the highlight of your season won’t be around what your own club do if events play out a certain way.

Good luck next weekend by the way.

The highlight of my season was watching our Youth team reach the semi-finals of the Youth Cup after knocking the holders Hibs out. A lot of these boys have gone and played for the first team.

Just one last go at some football commentary.

Disappointing again that we failed miserably against one of the top four. The first half was pretty even with Clyde's only shot at goal being the goal. I was right in line and understand the rules; the winger was at least two metres offside. The Lino couldn't keep up.

At the time I did think Ally was offside. Difficult angle using highlights but looks like he could be level with the guy in the right back position. Closer than I thought it was at first anyway. Linesman looks like he’s in a good position too.
IMG_2592.jpg

The highlight of my season was watching our Youth team reach the semi-finals of the Youth Cup after knocking the holders Hibs out. A lot of these boys have gone and played for the first team.

Is that how bad the QP season has been? That ur highlight is watching the boys team? [emoji28][emoji28]

In the cool light of Sunday, BYoS makes some valid points and observations. I agree the 1st looked offside and I think QP had, or to be mean, were given more possession in the 2nd half. 

Of all L2 teams, QP seem to have an energy and skill that impresses, however they do seem to switch off at times.