Motherwell v Dundee

I can't believe what happened with our penalty shout.

Awful refereeing.

But what a boy Turnbull is. The pass on to the hand, even the way he easily lashes in the winner on his bad foot after rebounding off the bar.

30 minutes ago, Swello said:

As for Dundee - I thought they looked really decent going forward all day and their second goal was a peach - but to score three away from home, lead twice, see the opposition go down to ten men, see a penalty rescinded and then lose - nah, just nah. "Alexa - what does relegation look like?" 

Hit the post twice as well.

How many players at our level would have volleyed that into row Z?
The penalty award seemed to be overturned as it had gone out for a bye kick beforehand- it wasn't even close.
Dundee were very unlucky with the two off the post but considering one team was fighting to avoid relegation and the other was having an end of season kick about, you would have thought it was the other way round for large swathes of that game. Other than about 15 minutes after the red card when they looked dangerous and could well have scored, Dundee really didn't look up for it.

Clancy was really close to the incident as well. Surely to f**k he saw it was a good foot and a bit the right side of the line and overrule the assistant who saw the ball go out after it hit Kasunga’s hand. One of the worst decisions I can remember at the football. Up there with Zack Jules in the 5-1 game against Dundee.

He didn’t want to be the guy that gave a penalty to send Dundee down IMO.

As Swello said it made it sweet when Turnbull did his thing. A crazy and most enjoyable game.

So, the linesman decided the ball had gone out of play, when he's 60 yards away and a Dundee player is sliding on the floor to block his view of the ball?  All the while, the actual referee is about 10 yards away, looking right at it? 

Good yin.  Summed up the performance from the officials yesterday.  Still, good bounce about for the winner.  The technique from Turnbull for that goal is sublime. 

So lets get this right, Dundee were playing against 10 men for over half an hour and desperately needed the 3 points yet one of their players was booked for time wasting with a couple of minutes left?

Fantastic stuff Dundee, never change [emoji38]

10 hours ago, Swello said:

If I can go a bit negative - our defending has been b*****ding woeful for a month - that needs fixed and very quickly. On the good side, Cadden looked like an accomplished player after suffering a few weeks of pre-contract Hastie - I thought the shape suited him perfectly and it's great to see him back for a few weeks at least. Wee Campbell had a storming game - If we can keep Gorrin, Campbell and the best young player in the country together for next season - that's as good a diddy team midfield as there is at present.

As for Dundee - I thought they looked really decent going forward all day and their second goal was a peach - but to score three away from home, lead twice, see the opposition go down to ten men, see a penalty rescinded and then lose - nah, just nah. "Alexa - what does relegation look like?" 

As I've said in the last few weeks  we need a complete defensive overhaul.   We are bringing in Gallagher but we need another centre half, and a proper left back too.  Guys like Dunne and Grimshaw are back up level players.  And Tait looks totally exhausted to me.  He's played nearly 90 matches over the last two seasons.  He needs a rest.  Bring Livingstone in at left back and give him a chance for the last couple of games.

I agree the midfield has finally been sorted, it had never been right since Robinson took over until the introduction of Gorrin.  Unfortunately Gorrin might be away and as great as Turnbull is, it's also obviously we are massively over reliant on him.  I'm thinking Ross County without Liam Boyce here.  And we all know what happened to Ross County when Boyce moved on.

I didn't think Cadden was 'bad' yesterday but for me all he really did was win some foot races and get stuck in.   His dearth of ability doesn't cut it for the position he's playing.  If we want to push on as a club we have to have technically better players than guys like Cadden.  You'll note we scored 4 times yesterday and I don't think Cadden contributed to any of them.  His enthusiasm for the club is great but he needs to get a lot better.

Don’t disagree with you on most of the points above but I felt a bit sorry for Cadden yesterday. He made numerous runs and moves into space, particularly in the first half, and never received the ball. He certainly put in a shift though and I’d be happy to see him stay on and see how he fits into our new shape and style of play. He really needs to improve his crossing though. Wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to move on for a fresh start however.

Livingstone is a funny one. Everyone seems to think he deserves a shot and we’ve given him a new deal but in the last two dead rubber games he’s not even been in the squad, never mind the starting XI.

What an interesting game this was. Until Gorrin was sent off it really felt like a pre-season friendly probably due to the fact that most Dees have accepted our fate. We could have won it with hitting the post twice, Jesse Curran really looked like he should've done better with his chance, but then again he's a mid-table Championship player at best IMO. Craig Curran looking for a pass when through on goal was laughable too. Having said that, Motherwell deserved to win and should have done so more comfortably. Turnbull strolled it and Arriyibi was a real nuisance, he had Kerr and latterly Horsfield on toast and they were absolutely shiting themselves whenever he came near them. 

Our penalty looked a bit of a dodgy decision to me, I'll need to see it back but it looked like Kerr bundled Arriyibi over and then fell over him? And the Motherwell penalty reversal (although I felt the pen was soft) was laughable if given because the ball was out...

Same old story unfortunately, shite defending and losing another late goal. Our midfield is pish isn't it? Wright has creativity but looks devoid of confidence, Robson scored a good goal but was missing for the rest of the match, Jesse Curran is just pish and Martin Woods...dear God. He scored and assisted from a corner, but make no mistake, he was as pish as usual. I didn't see it but my mate sitting next to me said he was giving some of the Dees pelters after he had passed it straight to a Motherwell boy in the box. He needs to GTF as soon as possible.

Onwards and downwards.

McIntyre Out.

Thank You.

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Gboly hand balled it when he fell. I’d assumed that’s what the Dundee penalty was for rather than the coming together. He should have cleared it with his left foot instead anyway.

From my view in the east stand, that was the reason for the penalty - seemed very clear cut at the time...