Hibs vs Hearts

4 hours ago, HibsFan said:

There's a simple explanation for that one.

Hibernian Football Club, being a club founded on charitable, migrant and unrepentantly Catholic values, decided to build a very large away end in the 1990s. Second only to Rugby Park's, this can accommodate even the largest supports that world football has to offer. Visiting fans have been enjoying our friendly, Irish hospitality for decades.

When you go through the turnstiles on Sunday, have a look at the inscription on the wall. It's been a while since I've been there, but I'm sure it reads:

'Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to watch Lewis Stevenson's cross fail to beat the first man.'

An excellent sentiment fitting of a club with as much class as Hibs (insert HibsClassDisplay.jpeg here).

Heart of Midlothian Football Club, by contrast, being a club founded on whatever principles a group of Victorian dancers had, possess a much more sheltered, inward look. Away fans are given a laughably small allocation and are then processed, much like cattle, through the four Roseburn turnstiles. This often leads to away fans missing out on the first few minutes of games. It is a very dehumanising experience, but one that I, as a proud Irish Catholic, am sadly used to in this backwards, racist shithole of a country that Hibernian have the misfortune of playing in.

Ever since I can remember, there has been a golf club, members-only, nudge-nudge-wink-wink mentality to supporting Hearts. In the luxurious environment of the John Robertson Lounge, where the metropolitan elite reside, it is less what you know, but rather who you know. Or, more accurately, who you bumped into in the Lodge the other night.

So, 'Mr. X' (the X no doubt short for Bridgeton Cross), I think you've made yourself look quite silly, there.

Forget a clutching at straws emoticon, you could do with a egg on your face emoticon.

Ahh. This parody (?)  derailed itself at the 2nd sentence. It was Hibernians  you are caricaturing. But, as you well know, they died in 1890. The Newco Hibernian (1893) sensibly ditched the sectarian signing policy. So you are 126 years too late with this pish.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Ahh. This parody (?)  derailed itself at the 2nd sentence. It was Hibernians  you are caricaturing. But, as you well know, they died in 1890. The Newco Hibernian (1893) sensibly ditched the sectarian signing policy. So you are 126 years too late with this pish.

2F1E682E-201E-4EFF-BEA5-F1BB39A5B706.gif

Guest JTS98
16 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Methinks the Hertz end will have a traditional boycott look by half-time whatever amount they shift. :bairn

Considering Hearts have won more derbies at Easter Road than Hibs have, why would the Hearts end have any kind of 'tradition' of boycotts?

More apt to talk of a tradition of winning at Easter Road, to be honest.

Edited by JTS98

28 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Considering Hearts have won more derbies at Easter Road than Hibs have, why would the Hearts end have any kind of 'tradition' of boycotts?

More apt to talk of a tradition of winning at Easter Road, to be honest.

You have boycotted before and you know it. 6-2 I recall about 1500 Yaks top showed up and that wasn't the only time. 

13 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

You have boycotted before and you know it. 6-2 I recall about 1500 Yaks top showed up and that wasn't the only time. 

The game where De La Cruz scored 2 was another they boycotted. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

19 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I was at that game unfortunately. Got my nose burst by some fanny on the way home. 

Guest JTS98
31 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

A tradition?

Plenty more examples of Hibs fans failing to show up. Both at Tynecastle and Easter Road. Not to mention the 4-0 semi at Hampden.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

A tradition?

Plenty more examples of Hibs fans failing to show up. Both at Tynecastle and Easter Road. Not to mention the 4-0 semi at Hampden.

Sure the games we haven’t shown up at tynecastle have resulted in some victory’s like riordan’s penalty and caldwell’s last minute winner. 

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Sure the games we haven’t shown up at tynecastle have resulted in some victory’s like riordan’s penalty and caldwell’s last minute winner. 

So?

Is failing to show up more acceptable based on the result?

Also, depends how far back you want to take it. Going back years there have been plenty of pitiful Hibs supports at Tynecastle, and for derbies at Easter Road. Not surprising when you consider Hibs' record in the fixture.

And let's not forget that Hibs couldn't fill the remaining sides of Easter Road for a derby when they had knocked down a stand in 2010.

How did that one go?

9 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

So?

Also, depends how far back you want to take it. Going back years there have been plenty of pitiful Hibs supports at Tynecastle, and for derbies at Easter Road. Not surprising when you consider Hibs' record in the fixture.

And let's not forget that Hibs couldn't fill the remaining sides of Easter Road for a derby when they had knocked down a stand in 2010.

How did that one go?

Look kids! The lesser spotted crowd w****r in its natural habitat! Often confused with a regular w****r – the differences are often subtle.
See how it ruffles its feathers and puffs its chest out in an attempt to seem larger? Careful not to disturb it now...

Guest JTS98
6 minutes ago, Dirk Lehmann said:

Look kids! The lesser spotted crowd w****r in its natural habitat! Often confused with a regular w****r – the differences are often subtle.
See how it ruffles its feathers and puffs its chest out in an attempt to seem larger? Careful not to disturb it now...

If you look carefully, you'll see I actually responded to a crowd w*nker. 0/10 reading comprehension.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

So?

How did that one go?

What a tit :lol:

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

If you look carefully, you'll see I actually responded to a crowd w*nker. 0/10 reading comprehension.

You're wasting your time pointing out facts. The Hibs boys will just circle the wagons and support each other. Usually with "amusing" gifs. You'll notice they never, ever disagree with each other on anything. Strange that. You would think, just occasionally, they might express a view independent of the pack. I put it down to a lack of self-confidence.

Cue 6 reds. Good night.