Hibs vs Hearts

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

And that............................... is why you shouldn't throw coconuts from the back of the stand

The Leith Waltzer Spinners have such easy access to coconuts. I fear we haven’t seen the last of them. :(

3 hours ago, Lebowski said:
3 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:
Fair enough - milk it. Your next scheduled win at Tynecastle is 2025

Same year as Budge gives up on Levein after failing to win the lowland league again?

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

The defence raises a good point your honour, but I ask you this, and it is rhetorical, you have seen Hearts since we bodied all and sundry on October?

I have. It's also Hibs.

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Give it another day and Hearts will be flogging their remaining tickets at that price too.  5cc2fa89bd840_josesmug.png.08dc035d78701e41993e9be0fd0bd322.png

Hibs that desperate for the cash?

3 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Better to have a wee bit green 

Typical Hibs junkie.

Despite everything I reckon there will be more Hearts fans at Easter Road on Sunday than there have been Hibs fans at a Tynecastle derby in decades.

:whistle ( no clutching at straws emoticon)

20 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Despite everything I reckon there will be more Hearts fans at Easter Road on Sunday than there have been Hibs fans at a Tynecastle derby in decades.

There's a simple explanation for that one.

Hibernian Football Club, being a club founded on charitable, migrant and unrepentantly Catholic values, decided to build a very large away end in the 1990s. Second only to Rugby Park's, this can accommodate even the largest supports that world football has to offer. Visiting fans have been enjoying our friendly, Irish hospitality for decades.

When you go through the turnstiles on Sunday, have a look at the inscription on the wall. It's been a while since I've been there, but I'm sure it reads:

'Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to watch Lewis Stevenson's cross fail to beat the first man.'

An excellent sentiment fitting of a club with as much class as Hibs (insert HibsClassDisplay.jpeg here).

Heart of Midlothian Football Club, by contrast, being a club founded on whatever principles a group of Victorian dancers had, possess a much more sheltered, inward look. Away fans are given a laughably small allocation and are then processed, much like cattle, through the four Roseburn turnstiles. This often leads to away fans missing out on the first few minutes of games. It is a very dehumanising experience, but one that I, as a proud Irish Catholic, am sadly used to in this backwards, racist shithole of a country that Hibernian have the misfortune of playing in.

Ever since I can remember, there has been a golf club, members-only, nudge-nudge-wink-wink mentality to supporting Hearts. In the luxurious environment of the John Robertson Lounge, where the metropolitan elite reside, it is less what you know, but rather who you know. Or, more accurately, who you bumped into in the Lodge the other night.

So, 'Mr. X' (the X no doubt short for Bridgeton Cross), I think you've made yourself look quite silly, there.

Forget a clutching at straws emoticon, you could do with a egg on your face emoticon.

Edited by HibsFan

There's a simple explanation for that one.
Hibernian Football Club, being a club founded on charitable, migrant and unrepentantly Catholic values, decided to build a very large away end in the 1990s. Second only to Rugby Park's, this can accommodate even the largest supports that world football has to offer. Visiting fans have been enjoying our friendly, Irish hospitality for decades.
When you go through the turnstiles on Sunday, have a look at the inscription on the wall. It's been a while since I've been there, but I'm sure it reads:
'Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to watch Lewis Stevenson's cross fail to beat the first man.'
An excellent sentiment fitting of a club with as much class as Hibs (insert HibsClassDisplay.jpeg here).
Heart of Midlothian Football Club, by contrast, being a club founded on whatever principles a group of Victorian dancers had, possess a much more sheltered, inward look. Away fans are given a laughably small allocation and are then processed, much like cattle, through the four Roseburn turnstiles. This often leads to away fans missing out on the first few minutes of games. It is a very dehumanising experience, but one that I, as a proud Irish Catholic, am sadly used to in this backwards, racist shithole of a country that Hibernian have the misfortune of playing in.
Ever since I can remember, there has been a golf club, members-only, nudge-nudge-wink-wink mentality to supporting Hearts. In the luxurious environment of the John Robertson Lounge, where the metropolitan elite reside, it is less what you know, but rather who you know. Or, more accurately, who you bumped into in the Lodge the other night.
So, 'Mr. X' (the X no doubt short for Bridgeton Cross), I think you've made yourself look quite silly, there.
Forget a clutching at straws emoticon, you could do with a egg on your face emoticon.

Tl;dr

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Unlikely, given that scores of us were snapping up unsold tickets in the home end at the last Tynecastle derby.

I had a great time singing about Mercer under my breath and petulently giving you all the middle finger underneath my Stone Island jacket 8)