Broadwood

20 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Which is it? Both “pubs and terracing”, then your use of criteria is correct. However “and/or” implies a singular criterion on which to judge away games.

The best away days, for me, have both. Arbroath and Ayr are probably my two favourite. There's not a single all seater ground that I'd say that I look forward to visiting. I'd imagine most feel the same about coming to Hampden. 

32 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Aye been in the Smiddy, it was decent enough.

Totally disagree re getting back to Glasgow/Edinburgh as soon as possible. The best part of being a lower league fan is visiting towns you never would and sampling some of the local pubs that you otherwise would never step foot in. You can go to big cities any time but how often can you go to a pub in Elgin that has a mural dedicated to the muppets?  Which is why Clyde is an abysmal away day.

By your very definition, you can visit the Muppet mural any time also. I'm sure the aforementioned pub, and its competitors, and those in every other nutjob village in the country, will find a way of staying open once the hugely busy football season with it's 1,500 (very generous guess) tourists per year ends.

You're hardly advertising these places very well if your only reason for visiting them is travelling and watching Cowdenbeath. Frankly, if i owned one of these, i'd not let you in. 

My criteria for a good away day is...

- Near a train station 

- Nearby boozers ideally with pool table, fitbaw on tv and a juke box

- terracing at the ground and stands close to the pitch. 

This is why places like Annan, Ayr and Elgin are decent away days. 

I see the argument about Cowdenbeath but getting to Cowdenbeath by train from Glasgow is a pain in the arse, having to go via Edinburgh. Also whilst the terrace is decent, you’re miles from the pitch and the big fence and pillars causes a shite view. Mind you, sometimes that’s no a bad thing. 

Elgin and Annan are class away days, and Elgin especially is a tidy wee town with decent pubs. The only downside is the distance from the train station to the town centre, but it's a minor gripe.

Never actually been to Broadwood.

I think Berwick's my favourite away day but its likely to be replaced by a trip to a South Aberdeen surburb or a Lanarkshire New Town. That's progress.. :(

I've nothing particularly against Broadwood except I once tried to walk there from Croy Station, got lost, ended up going through a scheme for what seemed like ages and had to get a taxi from the town centre. 

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Aye been in the Smiddy, it was decent enough.

Totally disagree re getting back to Glasgow/Edinburgh as soon as possible. The best part of being a lower league fan is visiting towns you never would and sampling some of the local pubs that you otherwise would never step foot in. You can go to big cities any time but how often can you go to a pub in Elgin that has a mural dedicated to the muppets?  Which is why Clyde is an abysmal away day.

Strange post, there's loads of Muppets at Broadwood on a match day...

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Elgin and Annan are class away days, and Elgin especially is a tidy wee town with decent pubs. The only downside is the distance from the train station to the town centre, but it's a minor gripe.

Never actually been to Broadwood.

Put it on your bucket list. Go in winter.

4 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

There'll be even more next year. #groundhogday #doublerelegation.

p***k. 

Talking of muppets....

Nice try champ. 1/10.

Edited by jagfox99

2 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

I know you are infatuated and this must be a comforting distraction in times such as these, but that is simply embarrassing.

Have you even attempted to find another hobby?

6681dbaa331663ba73a7a21d8d602816.gif.1533bc1a770a244a88f943e1b3cbac20.gif

Clyde are committed to Broadwood, I know that for a fact, but you don't need me to tell you, you only have to look at things like the lounge renovations. Its not NLL who are paying for the renovations either.

As far as the Colts go, they tried to basically muscle in on Broadwood when Clyde were at a crossroads of where they were going to go, not much sympathy for them, glorified boys club who had ideas above their station.

On 22/04/2019 at 11:41, The man with no name said:

Cliftonhill, Broadwood and Cowdenbeath definitely worst away trips in the division. Will miss Peterhead and Berwick next season. If it's Stenie and EK as well it's going to be some shit away days!

Nothing wrong with Cliftonhill, plenty of pubs to crawl if you get off at Sunnyside. Wee Jimmie's is also a decent boozer in Cowden. I doubt many QP fans will miss Peterhead, atrocious record up there and we only ever see their social club (which used to have embarrassing currant bun memorabilia everywhere, thankfully not as much now) Don't mind Stennie either, the Station bar and Ochilview bar in Larbert are just fine.  

Edited by Mick1867