Broadwood

There are pubs within walking distance but obviously folk can't be bothered trying to find them. In terms of view of the pitch and facilities, what more do you want at this level?

31 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Good point. Is there not still a deadline when teams have to advise the league what stadium they’re playing in for the following season? 

I'm sure there must be but their Club Licence will have been granted on their ground so they may have a limited time / dispensation to get a viable alternative.

There are pubs within walking distance but obviously folk can't be bothered trying to find them. In terms of view of the pitch and facilities, what more do you want at this level?

That broadwood farm is rank rotten, and regardless if there’s pubs in walking distance, the fact we decided to build a ground in the middle of nowhere means there’s no public transport infrastructure, so u have to drive and thus, at least *someone* can’t drink

Wish we’d moved to EK showpark, 4 min walk from station with about 8 pubs to chose from, 30 seconds walk from the ground

24 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

With the exception of the last three words, yes. Life is out there, many choose not to see it. 

A "level" is quite subjective. We've held an actual Champions' League winning team (half of Man U's 2005 side) at our stadium, provided adequate facilities for them and catered for the travelling support of one of the three largest clubs in the world in doing so. Held several u21 internationals in the early days of the stadium's existence too. We've held C and R on a few occasions where you'd not be thinking "that club play in the second/third division" if you were watching it in Oz or Canada as an interested observer. We could, and perhaps one day might, walk into the Prem at BW, having only had to brush the stairs and behind the seats inthe other stands to prep for away fans. 

9 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

That broadwood farm is rank rotten, and regardless if there’s pubs in walking distance, the fact we decided to build a ground in the middle of nowhere means there’s no public transport infrastructure, so u have to drive and thus, at least *someone* can’t drink

Wish we’d moved to EK showpark, 4 min walk from station with about 8 pubs to chose from, 30 seconds walk from the ground

First para, yes. 

Second para, you can't just "move". Both sides require to want it, and in the case of the Showpark, the Cattle Association were dead against it. Hence why the project at Langlands, underway in front of me as i walk three dugs along the Greenhills Rd, became to involve Clyde in talks to move here. 

I'm even more of an ardent NO now, than i ever was before. 

First para, yes. 

Second para, you can't just "move". Both sides require to want it, and in the case of the Showpark, the Cattle Association were dead against it. Hence why the project at Langlands, underway in front of me as i walk three dugs along the Greenhills Rd, became to involve Clyde in talks to move here. 

I'm even more of an ardent NO now, than i ever was before. 

Yeah I agree Langlands would be rotten, especially as it would have the exact same issue I outlined in my first paragraph.

Cattle association are a shower of b*****ds. I could be rolling out my bed at 2:45 to go and watch us down the showpark but instead am having to trek a half hour to Cumbernauld [emoji25]

Arrira lounge is decent for home fans. Brodens, Smiddy and Red Deer can all be reached on foot from Broadwood.

Isn't great for public transport but Croy train station isn't that far away and if coming from Glasgow the bus drops off at the roundabout next to the ground.

8 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

Yeah I agree Langlands would be rotten, especially as it would have the exact same issue I outlined in my first paragraph.

Cattle association are a shower of b*****ds. I could be rolling out my bed at 2:45 to go and watch us down the showpark but instead am having to trek a half hour to Cumbernauld emoji25.png

At the risk of opening a toxic can of zombie-worms when we're in a title hunt, the Cattle Ass. remained steadfast throughout. I don't especially want a football ground on my doorstep, because i'll want to sell the fucking house at some point. The issue is, not only could they (CA) get answers to what exactly the plans were, Clyde and the Reps seemed to think everyone should bend to their whim as if they were doing the locals the favour. Terrific starting points with prospective neighbours! 

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:
2 hours ago, SLClyde said:
I could accept that post from fans of quite a lot of teams, Cowdenbeath are certainly not one of them. 

How about from a Queen's Park fan? All joking aside, Broadwood is pretty much the worst away day. There isn't much going for it.

I know it’s not great as an away day, but Cowdenbeath is hardly any better. 

10 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I know it’s not great as an away day, but Cowdenbeath is hardly any better. 

Cliftonhill, Broadwood and Cowdenbeath definitely worst away trips in the division. Will miss Peterhead and Berwick next season. If it's Stenie and EK as well it's going to be some shit away days!

49 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

Who decided to build a stadium there?

absolutely nothing wrong with broadwood the stadium facilities are good view of the pitch again top notch . This idea that you have to have 10 pubs surrounding the ground to cater for who ? lots of fans don't go for a drink before games the Arria is excellent as one of the locals said there are pubs within walking distance or get the train have a drink in the town getting in and out by car is again fine

ideally we would be back in Rutherglen/ surrounding area

broadwood isn't ideal but still one of the best in the league

my favourite forthbank

I couldn't give a rats if away fans don't like the day out especially in this division where it's usually 60 or 70 turning up

Stirling/ queens only decent away support

2 hours ago, Gene Wilder said:
4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
How about from a Queen's Park fan? All joking aside, Broadwood is pretty much the worst away day. There isn't much going for it.

Only because Hampden isnt an away day for you ! 50,000 empty seats and you stick the away fans behind the goal ?

Wot? 

2 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Cliftonhill, Broadwood and Cowdenbeath definitely worst away trips in the division. Will miss Peterhead and Berwick next season. If it's Stenie and EK as well it's going to be some shit away days!

What are you looking for from your away days if you don’t like Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers? Both a piece of piss to get to by train and have very good pubs in close proximity to the ground and allow for pre match drinks in Edinburgh/Glasgow depending where you are coming from. Seems pretty ideal to me.

What are you looking for from your away days if you don’t like Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers? Both a piece of piss to get to by train and have very good pubs in close proximity to the ground and allow for pre match drinks in Edinburgh/Glasgow depending where you are coming from. Seems pretty ideal to me.

As long as your tetanus and hepatitis shots are all up to date then I can’t see any issue.

Having a decent view of the game would help. Cliftonhill the terracing is just about level with the pitch. Central Park you are miles from the pitch and struggling to see the corner of the pitch from the away end.

3 hours ago, The man with no name said:

EK would be horrific for an away day. Stenny is a cracking away day, plenty of boozers nearby and the terrace is good for vocal. Train station 10 mins walk away with regular trains to stirling glasgow and Edinburgh, defo one of my favourites. 

Berwick and Albion are decent away days even if Cliftonhill is a shitehole, if the weathers good then it’s decent alright. 

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Both towns are eyesores and both grounds are tips. Pitches at both are shocking too.

Just now, The man with no name said:

Both towns are eyesores and both grounds are tips. Pitches at both are shocking too.

Who gives a toss what the town centre looks like if you are going for the football and some beers? Saying the pitch has an impact on an ‘away trip’ is a new one on me as well. I guess some people are just interested in different things.

I'm sure you’ll enjoy the slick (now artificial) surface at East Fife, in their new (ish) stadium with plenty of parking! Just a shame there’s sod all pubs near and getting there is a nightmare by anything but car. Is that your idea of a good away day?