Broadwood

Nothing wrong with Cliftonhill...

Except for absolutely everything.

The stand pillars blocking your view or the shallow enclosure terracing or the condemned covered terracing or the open to the elements terracing behind the goal all lead to a dreadful spectator experience.

Then again, the pub on route from the train station serves beer [emoji848]

On 4/22/2019 at 21:31, ScottR96 said:

. Ideal away day for me is spending as little time as possible in shitey towns like Elgin, Annan etc before the game and back to Glasgow asap after the game. 

That sounds boring as f**k. 

Rocking up for kick off the straight down the road? Shite. 

On 4/22/2019 at 08:49, cmontheloknow said:

Which will not be LL compliant surely.

It is size-wise, but there are no floodlights which could complicate things. Albeit license renewals might be different to new clubs applying.

What's the craic with the Colts? Why have the council punted them out.

19 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Usually have enough time for a few pints before the game but f**k hanging about afterwards. If you're bound by a train timetable then fair enough but in my experience if I'm on a supporters bus it tends to head straight back anyway. 

1 minute ago, ScottR96 said:

Usually have enough time for a few pints before the game but f**k hanging about afterwards. If you're bound by a train timetable then fair enough but in my experience if I'm on a supporters bus it tends to head straight back anyway. 

Yes. 

Largely because, frankly, as a support we're generally not wanted in those other places after games, especially when we win. Which is, like, every game lately. It's funny, these places seem happy enough when we pile into pubs at 12/1pm parched as f**k and drinking like a busload of Oliver Reeds. 

19 hours ago, Grant228 said:

To be fair, our ground is getting a slating BECAUSE people generally only "rock up" to it at kickoff 'cos they're moaning like f**k that there's nothing else to do. Which has since been proven to be shite. Just another stick to beat us with. 

On 4/22/2019 at 21:31, ScottR96 said:

Ideal away day for me is spending as little time as possible in shitey towns like Elgin, Annan etc before the game and back to Glasgow asap after the game. 

^^^ doing it wrong

5 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

To be fair, our ground is getting a slating BECAUSE people generally only "rock up" to it at kickoff 'cos they're moaning like f**k that there's nothing else to do. Which has since been proven to be shite. Just another stick to beat us with. 

Proven to be shite? As proven by everyone on this thread Broadwood is a shite away day. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

^^^ doing it wrong

We've been going to these places for nearly a decade (as you often like to point out) - the novelty soon wears off. I suppose for someone like yourself it's like saying you love spending the night in Falkirk or Dunfermline

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Proven to be shite? As proven by everyone on this thread Broadwood is a shite away day. 

Their given reasons are complete lies. The train station is no further from the ground than most others. There are other pubs than the shitey Farm. These are the "shite" i refer to. 

1 minute ago, ScottR96 said:

We've been going to these places for nearly a decade (as you often like to point out) - the novelty soon wears off. I suppose for someone like yourself it's like saying you love spending the night in Falkirk or Dunfermline

When we go to Falkirk next year, i'm pretty sure we won't be overly welcomed to hang around after. 

Doing it right, VikingSchlong.

4 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

No, because Falkirk and Dunfermline are total cowps within (give or take) an hour from Glasgow. You could play them once a season or once a decade: it'd still be a totally beige away day regardless. 

Annan is not that in the same way that Dumfries is not that. 

Edited by vikingTON

good

there is such a poor away support in this division you could put the las Vegas strip
along ardgoil road and it would still struggle to see more than 20 away fans

Yes. 

Largely because, frankly, as a support we're generally not wanted in those other places after games, especially when we win. Which is, like, every game lately. It's funny, these places seem happy enough when we pile into pubs at 12/1pm parched as f**k and drinking like a busload of Oliver Reeds. 
If you don't behave like p***ks, there won't be a problem.

13 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
16 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:
Yes. 

If you don't behave like p***ks, there won't be a problem.

Where's the fun in that?

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

As an aside, I was at Shawfield last night for the greyhounds. About 100 folk there and the place looks dreadful; quite sad.

33 years since we left. Surprised it’s still standing! I think King is still waiting on that bumper payday from someone to buy the land...

13 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

As an aside, I was at Shawfield last night for the greyhounds. About 100 folk there and the place looks dreadful; quite sad.

HD, it was a complete dump before we left so I shudder to think what it must look like now. I do drive past it regularly and it doesn’t look a pretty sight from the outside so I hate to think what the inside looks like. I’m probably in a minority of Clyde fans from those days, but I much prefer watching football at Broadwood.