Broadwood

Having a decent view of the game would help. Cliftonhill the terracing is just about level with the pitch. Central Park you are miles from the pitch and struggling to see the corner of the pitch from the away end.
and Annan and Edinburgh have views akin to the San Siro those are the two worst in the league by far at least at central park the old stand creates an atmosphere ( well when the Clyde boys are in town )

13 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Who gives a toss what the town centre looks like if you are going for the football and some beers? Saying the pitch has an impact on an ‘away trip’ is a new one on me as well. I guess some people are just interested in different things.

I'm sure you’ll enjoy the slick (now artificial) surface at East Fife, in their new (ish) stadium with plenty of parking! Just a shame there’s sod all pubs near and getting there is a nightmare by anything but car. Is that your idea of a good away day? 

There are three pubs between a 5 and 10 minute walk.

15 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Who gives a toss what the town centre looks like if you are going for the football and some beers? Saying the pitch has an impact on an ‘away trip’ is a new one on me as well. I guess some people are just interested in different things.

I'm sure you’ll enjoy the slick (now artificial) surface at East Fife, in their new (ish) stadium with plenty of parking! Just a shame there’s sod all pubs near and getting there is a nightmare by anything but car. Is that your idea of a good away day? 

I like East Fife. No problem getting there on the Supporters bus. At the ground, they have 2 bars in the stand. Great view of the bay too now they knocked down the monstrosity across from the stand. Great steak pies too.

2 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

I like East Fife. No problem getting there on the Supporters bus. At the ground, they have 2 bars in the stand. Great view of the bay too now they knocked down the monstrosity across from the stand. Great steak pies too.

Well I guess we look for very different things in our away days. 

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did you need a bath?

Foreign concept to old Muzz.

26 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

I’ve been in one, which I thought was now shut, and folk were taking gear with the bathroom door open at 5pm. 

Normally better to take it before the match, surely. 

The element of social amenities near the ground affecting the approval rating of a stadium is awfully bizarre, i'd say. 
I'm sure when the retail park opens and we have a Pets at Home right next to Broadwood then it will be Muzza's favourite away day.

The element of social amenities near the ground affecting the approval rating of a stadium is awfully bizarre, i'd say. 
would appear the football is secondary
personally my team playing well being up challenging at the top of league is what is most important

16 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

No one (well I am not) is rating the stadia here, it is the ‘away trip’ so local amenities (pubs and eateries mainly) are absolutely important. Wild to suggest otherwise. 

But the thread is titled "Broadwood". 

Not "Weir's Way", or "Muzza's Moaning". 

No one (well I am not) is rating the stadia here, it is the ‘away trip’ so local amenities (pubs and eateries mainly) are absolutely important. Wild to suggest otherwise. 
and I thought this was a football forum
try TripAdvisor

would appear the football is secondary
personally my team playing well being up challenging at the top of league is what is most important

Agree but always could to have somewhere where - even with smaller crowds - you can generate a bit of noise, as well as get a pint before and after the game

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

There's a half decent boozer that does food about 10 minutes on foot from Broadwood (The Smiddy) which is about as good as you're going to get in Cumbernauld. Brodens in Condorrat is 15 minutes in the opposite direction also fits the bill if you're just after a few beers. 

It's mental that folk would want to spend more than an hour before the game in Cumbernauld when you can get to Glasgow in 15 minutes by train. Ideal away day for me is spending as little time as possible in shitey towns like Elgin, Annan etc before the game and back to Glasgow asap after the game. 

Edited by ScottR96

5 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

There's a half decent boozer that does food about 10 minutes on foot from Broadwood (The Smiddy) which is about as good as you're going to get in Cumbernauld. Brodens in Condorrat is 15 minutes in the opposite direction also fits the bill if you're just after a few beers. 

It's mental that folk would want to spend more than an hour before the game in Cumbernauld when you can get to Glasgow in 15 minutes by train. Ideal away day for me is spending as little time as possible in shitey towns like Elgin, Annan etc before the game and back to Glasgow asap after the game. 

Aye been in the Smiddy, it was decent enough.

Totally disagree re getting back to Glasgow/Edinburgh as soon as possible. The best part of being a lower league fan is visiting towns you never would and sampling some of the local pubs that you otherwise would never step foot in. You can go to big cities any time but how often can you go to a pub in Elgin that has a mural dedicated to the muppets?  Which is why Clyde is an abysmal away day.

14 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Elgin is gods country soft southerner