El Disastrico 2; Relegation Boogaloo (BRFC v. ARFC)

Have a soft spot for Berwick and have watched the situation from afar. It's a sorry state of affairs, today's result confirms Harvey is totally inept and unable to influence/motivate the team he brought in.

If he doesn't do the decent thing and walk, he should be sacked. I honestly think the team would perform better with no manager, than with Harvey in charge.

Huge congratulations to Albion Rovers, that's an incredible comeback given how dire the situation was. The greatest escape indeed! 

Equally incredible that Berwick stuck with a manager who clearly lost the head weeks ago. Is he still talking about 10 games into next season? Even at this very late stage he should be punted in the hope of a new man giving Berwick some kind of lift for the play-offs. 

Have a soft spot for Berwick and have watched the situation from afar. It's a sorry state of affairs, today's result confirms Harvey is totally inept and unable to influence/motivate the team he brought in.

If he doesn't do the decent thing and walk, he should be sacked. I honestly think the team would perform better with no manager, than with Harvey in charge.

Incredible if he’s still there tonight. If he is then we are accepting lowland league football - and those at helm should be ashamed

Incredible if he’s still there tonight. If he is then we are accepting lowland league football - and those at helm should be ashamed
As if accepting LL football isn't bad enough.

Believing Harvey can turn it round whether now or if they drop into LL, is delusional and will never happen, his record speaks for itself.

Feel for all the Berwick fans. You appear to have been forced to witness the systematic destruction of your club by a completely incompetent board and naive manager who was hung out to dry. Good luck in the play-offs.

Not luck required ... a fucking miracle

As if accepting LL football isn't bad enough.

Believing Harvey can turn it round whether now or if they drop into LL, is delusional and will never happen, his record speaks for itself.

Precisely- let’s see what next hour brings. History will judge them.

We actually played reasonably solidly first half... should have taken the lead early on when a shot with only the 'keeper to beat was scuffed right at him... both sides also exchanged the forcing of top saves before HT... but the difference was our inability to defend a squared ball and power header for Albion's opener (indeed the squared ball especially on the deck troubled us all half) and then conceding the penalty right on HT was the killer. That made the second half all bar a formality, and we created very little. Albion scored an excellent third via counter-attack to end it as a meaningful spectacle.

There can be no criticism of the fans today. I was sat in the third row almost directly behind the home dugout, and there was no abuse nor indeed much if any criticism (obviously a bad pass or mis-hit cross or whatever drew frustration but nothing beyond that). I heard none distinguishable from the Ducket - though granted the players and dugout are closer. There was an excellent crowd - with a large away contingent, hats off to them - getting behind the team. That attitude - and better, much better, from the players and coaches - will be needed on May 11th & 18th.

Another hammering. Since the false dawn of Peterhead, that is 5 gubbings in a row. For 0, against 19. Every defeat totally deserved. 

Could do with some experience down the left.... Hmmm that Albion  No. 11 knows what he's doing, er, oh it's Gary Phillips. 

Could do with a Centre-forward on loan who gives a stuff.... Hmmm Osadolar is available.... Naw I know a good 5-a-side player. 

And is there a worse passer of the ball than Declan O'Kane? 

And was Forbes told to "go out and do what Big Bob normally does" 

And was the man of the match sponsor Cameron Blues' Dad? 

Another performance utterly bereft of quality, presented by the worst Manager we have ever had. 

Big shout out though to Lewis Barr for not scuttling off down the tunnel with everyone else. Classy reaction to come over and applaud the long suffering fans. 

43 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Another hammering. Since the false dawn of Peterhead, that is 5 gubbings in a row. For 0, against 19. Every defeat totally deserved. 

Could do with some experience down the left.... Hmmm that Albion  No. 11 knows what he's doing, er, oh it's Gary Phillips. 

Could do with a Centre-forward on loan who gives a stuff.... Hmmm Osadolar is available.... Naw I know a good 5-a-side player. 

And is there a worse passer of the ball than Declan O'Kane? 

And was Forbes told to "go out and do what Big Bob normally does" 

And was the man of the match sponsor Cameron Blues' Dad? 

Another performance utterly bereft of quality, presented by the worst Manager we have ever had. 

Big shout out though to Lewis Barr for not scuttling off down the tunnel with everyone else. Classy reaction to come over and applaud the long suffering fans. 

It’s 6 without a goal now mate. Last time we scored it was dark at 5pm. (19thMarch).

Nothing to worry about, we need to stick together and train hard. 

Before the game, we spoke to several people who had seen the team sheet, and the reactions ranged from a shake of the head, through "We'll never win with that line-up", to "We haven't got a f*cking chance". The goalkeeping coach was on the bench cos Brennan was injured in training! What about the reserve team keeper? (Speaking of which, it appears that the Board want to get rid of the reserves AGAIN, for next season.)

Fair play to Albion, they were a cut above us, and very easy on the eye. They played most of the football: their control was good, their passing and movement was sublime at times, and their commitment was excellent. I'd love to know WTF Berwick do in training, cos at times it looked like half the team didn't know who the other half were, and as for finding a pass, several of them would struggle to find their arse with both hands. I would take any one of Albion's players over any of ours right now, with the possible exception of Ouzy See. Harper's done a superb job there, and if he can keep that squad together I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the play-offs, at least, next season.

HIgh points for us, a couple of good breaks and crosses early on, but not much apart from that, particularly after See went off and we seemed to sink back into our shell. I can't see us winning another game this season, especially with JH in charge. Good managers don't shout at all the players during the game telling them what to do, the players should know!

Thanks Johnny, you tried your best, but please take some responsibility for the current position you've got us in, and go, NOW!

Edited by Alpha Gordini