El Disastrico 2; Relegation Boogaloo (BRFC v. ARFC)

The goalkeeping coach was on the bench cos Brennan was injured in training! What about the reserve team keeper? (Speaking of which, it appears that the Board want to get rid of the reserves AGAIN, for next season.)

Really? Can't see the logic of that. We're bust, so grass roots player development is even more vital. If true, are you a Director? If so, best step away if this is how you repay being on a board and entrusted to keep board outcomes priveledged until formally released.

Even if you're not, it's such misplaced faith that you were told this, if it's true. I'm very sorry to say that I doubt you'll be trusted again.

Is it true?

28 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Biggest game in the club’s history and Andy Carlin is on the bench, in 2019. Madness.

Sums up our current manager, the board have nobody to blame other than themselves and @A Believer these are the kind of fools who have no clue about football and thought this man was going to lead us to success. 

2 hours ago, Hallowed Turf said:

Couple of half decent early chances for Berwick there, stick them away and the result might have been different.

Well done to Rovers though, took theirs and job done. Looked like a decent attendance too.

Pitch looked great.

Good luck in the playoff Berwick

Look at Berwick players reaction immediately after the first goal - heads go down right away; there’s no one trying to fire up their team mates, no leaders on (or looks like, off) the pitch.   Looked like a side that accepted defeat from that moment onwards. Very cad for Berwick fans to be subjected to such lack of passion, leadership or tactics.  Well done Rovers, looked like a team playing with confidence and no little skill. 

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Why the f**k have Berwick even got a reserve team. What purpose does it serve, if they're actually somehow worse than the players in the first team then they have no hope anyway. Waste of money surely?

It used to be the U20s team and may as well still be called such. I think the principle involved there is perfectly valid - try and bring through young players - although as noted the management team resigned shortly before the season ended.

I know that some (myself included) would rather the team played in the LL & EOSL U20s, which is what Edinburgh City do... its runs on Friday nights, they get a game every week, and it is very competitive, with 20-odd teams going up to 30-odd next season. Whereas the SPFL's reserve league for semi-pro clubs (which actually includes Livingston, Ayr and Raith plus East Kilbride) is on weeknights, they only got 19 games all season, and it only has 9 teams and falling.

Certainly a problem over the last decade has been a lack of a settled structure: we've had reserves in and out of EOSL, been in and out of EOSL U19s, been in and out of SFL/SPFL equivalents.

Good highlights there. Pleased to see the former QP lads playing a pivotal role. I sponsored Gregor and Bryan in previous years. Both really good lads. Smart will always be remembered for Oswestry :) Equally pleased that Rovers will still be playing QP next season. 

Probably seems improbable to Berwick fans at the moment but there's still a bit of a jump (if no longer a leap) for the HL/LL teams to progress.  May the wind of luck be at your back.

Brilliant day out yesterday and a wonderful result. The game plan of sitting in early and letting Berwick try to prove themselves, then hitting them quickly when their attacks broke down worked very well. They had chances but by and large we scrapped well defensively and our goalkeeper is a special talent who hopefully breaks through at Motherwell next year.

Man of the match for me was Fotheringham; a supposedly destructive midfielder who offers little going forward. He was part of every attack yesterday getting beyond our strikers in a way last seen by Scott Chaplain. Keeping him and others like Morena, Osadalor, Wilson, Clarke and Phillips will be key to next season being better. The harder bit might be retaining the manager, but here's hoping he'll want to prove that he can be even better with a pre-season behind him and no junior dross to get rid of before he can bring anyone in.

Finally, i feel desperately sorry for the Berwick support; they've been let down badly by their club in an almost a mirror image of what we served up at the start of the season. Their only hope in the playoffs would be to avoid conceding at all, as they react pretty badly to any setback. I'm not sure they can do that over two games though.

Agree with that summing up.........Rovers BOD who inflicted that `annus horribilis` on us have to prove that they are up to the job (imho the jury is still very much out on that) by creating the conditions  - budget for players etc - that will make Kevin Harper  want to stay with the club for at least another season.

6 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

Rovers BOD who inflicted that `annus horribilis` on us have to prove that they are up to the job (imho the jury is still very much out on that) by creating the conditions  - budget for players etc - that will make Kevin Harper  want to stay with the club for at least another season.

Yup, agree.

They got us out of it by sensible measures around the turn of the year but that sort of in-year emergency action should be an absolute exception; we can't have another season like that or even close to that. This summer's plan has to be the only and right plan for 19/20 but they have at least earned the right to put such a plan in place.

16 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Biggest game in the club’s history and Andy Carlin is on the bench, in 2019. Madness.

I think in fairness they aint got choice   Pretty sure thats how Clyde slipped up on rules? You cant recall a player on loan out of wndow. Think lad Fletcher is on loan to Tweedmouth Rangers? Both Brennan. Allison injured?

24 minutes ago, Barnstormer said:

I think in fairness they aint got choice   Pretty sure thats how Clyde slipped up on rules? You cant recall a player on loan out of wndow. Think lad Fletcher is on loan to Tweedmouth Rangers? Both Brennan. Allison injured?

I think you can for goalkeepers. Lennox was on the bench for Partick Thistle out with the window then back at us.