West Region Fixture Update for rest of season

Kennie

Kennie on behalf of the 1920 SRSC I would like to thank you for all your hard work and to say what a fantastic job you have done which in turn has made it easier for ourselves to book buses and get things in place .

We are all booked up till the end of the season and this season has made for a pleasant change .

Well done and thank you [emoji106]

Agree that it's been great having the fixtures out.

And, tbh, I was a bit worried about the last ones being crammed in - needlessly as it turned out.

However, if the Junior cup final isn't to be the last game of the season (as some mooted it would be) then why are Talbot playing 11th, 13th, 15th and 18th of May?  The game v Cambuslang could, quite easily, be played the Tuesday after the Junior cup final or even the Friday after it if we don't get through to the Ardagh west of Scotland cup final.

1 hour ago, Lord Talbot said:

And, tbh, I was a bit worried about the last ones being crammed in - needlessly as it turned out.

However, if the Junior cup final isn't to be the last game of the season (as some mooted it would be) then why are Talbot playing 11th, 13th, 15th and 18th of May?  The game v Cambuslang could, quite easily, be played the Tuesday after the Junior cup final or even the Friday after it if we don't get through to the Ardagh west of Scotland cup final.

Imagine it will be to try and wrap the season up asap for those who only have one match left, v Talbot. Wee bit unfair.

2 hours ago, Lord Talbot said:

Talbot are playing on the 11th because that is a Saturday.

Talbot are playing on the 13th because that brings Cambuslang's season to a close. Your suggestion would see them waiting over 3 weeks for their last game. They would have to sit idle for that length of time.

Talbot are playing on the 15th because that brings Troon's season to a close.

Talbot are playing on the 18th because that is a Saturday.

Talbot are playing on these dates because I am running out of free days to play them. I cannot give them a fixture in the week leading up to the Junior Cup final. They then have a full week to recover from that final before playing in the West Final if they are successful in the Semi-final. Their last game is a local derby away to Glenafton on Friday 14th June (last day of the season).

I think, under the circumstances that Talbot's fixtures are not too bad. I have managed to get all their backlog fitted in and only had to use 1 Monday night fixture.

I hope this explains things for you.

38 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:
46 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:
Don't see it?

Neither can I now, but it was there earlier.

I pulled it because I may have a Saturday available for that game instead of it being midweek.

10 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Talbot are playing on the 11th because that is a Saturday.

Talbot are playing on the 13th because that brings Cambuslang's season to a close. Your suggestion would see them waiting over 3 weeks for their last game. They would have to sit idle for that length of time.

Talbot are playing on the 15th because that brings Troon's season to a close.

Talbot are playing on the 18th because that is a Saturday.

Talbot are playing on these dates because I am running out of free days to play them. I cannot give them a fixture in the week leading up to the Junior Cup final. They then have a full week to recover from that final before playing in the West Final if they are successful in the Semi-final. Their last game is a local derby away to Glenafton on Friday 14th June (last day of the season).

I think, under the circumstances that Talbot's fixtures are not too bad. I have managed to get all their backlog fitted in and only had to use 1 Monday night fixture.

I hope this explains things for you.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. 

11 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Remember this game was already scheduled and Cambuslang called it off for absolutely no reason so forgive me if I have no sympathy if they have to wait three weeks for a game. Instead Talbot are being inconvenienced by having to travel there on a Monday as well as having a game the following Wednesday. The scheduling for this game could have waited to see if talbot are in the West Final or not. I know this isn't ideal as you want to get all fixtures scheduled but they have only themselves to blame

Edited by Wile E Coyote

Remember this game was already scheduled and Cambuslang called it off for absolutely no reason so forgive me if I have no sympathy if they have to wait three weeks for a game. Instead Talbot are being inconvenienced by having to travel there on a Monday as well as having a game the following Wednesday. The scheduling for this game could have waited to see if talbot are in the West Final or not. I know this isn't ideal as you want to get all fixtures scheduled but they have only themselves to blame
Thankfully, the Talbot committee obviously have a bit more class than you then. They'd rather help a club than kick them when they're down and struggling to survive.

14 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

totally agree.

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
15 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Thankfully, the Talbot committee obviously have a bit more class than you then. They'd rather help a club than kick them when they're down and struggling to survive.

Absolute hyperbole. They are not struggling to survive, going through a difficult time. yes but not struggling to survive. If they are cash strapped they should have played the original Saturday game as they would have got more of a crowd then than they will on a Monday. I dare say calling off the game on a Friday cost them money as well as they probably had catering ordered and programs printed.

It also makes it an expensive time for Talbot fans with games Sat-Mon-Wed-Sat, 3 of them away.

No way should they have been allowed to call the original game off. Talbot are suffering through absolutely no fault of their own. If you are unable to fulfil a fixture you forfeit the points. Simple

Edited by Wile E Coyote

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Absolute hyperbole. They are not struggling to survive, going through a difficult time. yes but not struggling to survive. If they are cash strapped they should have played the original Saturday game as they would have got more of a crowd then than they will on a Monday. I dare say calling off the game on a Friday cost them money as well as they probably had catering ordered and programs printed.

It also makes it an expensive time for Talbot fans with games Sat-Mon-Wed-Sat, 3 of them away.

No way should they have been allowed to call the original game off. Talbot are suffering through absolutely no fault of their own. If you are unable to fulfil a fixture you forfeit the points. Simple

You said talbot are suffering through no fault of their own? But it is talbot fault because they are too good and play more games than everyone else.

Joking aside as I mentioned on another thread our successful club's play too many games through no fault of their own the teams that play in the big Scottish like talbot and beith recently fall behind every season because of this the further they go in the competition the further they fall behind everyone else and other teams end up waiting at this time of the year to finish their season so over all its no one's fault it simply too many games to cram in through out the season. How do we fix it do away with the sectional cup  the teams that get to the final play seven games that's seven league games played problem solved also there are no crowds at these games so by the time you split the gate money there's not much there. Also depending how far teams go in the big Scottish they could be scratched from the West in the early rounds of withdrawn altogether it's not that they would lose out financially they are getting good money from the big Scottish. Another option if club's still want to be in all competitions then if they fall behind in the league by say November they should be made to catch up in mid week under flood lights if they dont have lights they should be made to hire a ground with them I know it sounds harsh but that what happens in the big leagues .So in order to avoid the last option the the first two options would need to happen or year in year our this nonsense at the end of the season will continue for ever more .