Relegation Confirmed - Utd v Falkirk

Falkirk's defending at Dundee United's first goal is the worst I've seen this season, truly jaw-dropping in how dreadful it is. Rachid Bouhenna just runs between two static defenders to head home, who then turn around and start pointing at one another.

Who is the older of the two Falkirk TV commentators? He often begins sentences with "I'm sorry, but..." when pointing out a perceived slight against his team. He also said Paul McMullan stole in at the back post to score, despite him running down the centre of the pitch.

Falkirk's defending at Dundee United's first goal is the worst I've seen this season, truly jaw-dropping in how dreadful it is. Rachid Bouhenna just runs between two static defenders to head home, who then turn around and start pointing at one another.
Who is the older of the two Falkirk TV commentators? He often begins sentences with "I'm sorry, but..." when pointing out a perceived slight against his team. He also said Paul McMullan stole in at the back post to score, despite him running down the centre of the pitch.
The commentary is widely accepted as sonething you have to put up with in order to see games you cant make it to.

I reserve the right to slag them based on being a paying customer although I have laid off this season since they have had to go through the indignity of not being able to suffer in silence like the rest of us.

22 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'd say the defending at the second goal runs it close. Harkes allowed to receive the ball completely unchallenged 25 yards from goal from a throw in. 

8 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

The Falkirk defence is absolutely horrendous.

It's fantastic

Do I catch it right that the co commentator says’s its more than we deserve when the second went in?

I don’t think he could have complained if that had been number 4.

My word.  I've been of a mind that Falkirk might beat County next week - everything to play for up against a side with one eye on Ibeefa and half the reserves starting - but, after seeing those highlights, a couple of corners and a well worked throw in and County will be cruising.  

There are four Falkirk defenders apparently marking each other for that first goal.  I genuinely can't tell if that was zonal-gone-wrong or total inability to man mark.  Either way, lordy, I hope there are tapes and I hope those tapes are on Kettleson's desk.

And I do like that chance where the right back thinks about trying to get back in position, and then decides he can't be arsed.

Yeah, that's relegation defending right there.  

Edited by Savage Henry

My word.  I've been of a mind that Falkirk might beat County next week - everything to play for up against a side with one eye on Ibeefa and half the reserves starting - but, after seeing those highlights, a couple of corners and a well worked throw in and County will be cruising.  
There are four Falkirk defenders apparently marking each other for that first goal.  I genuinely can't tell if that was zonal-gone-wrong or total inability to man mark.  Either way, lordy, I hope there are tapes and I hope those tapes are on Kettleson's desk.

And I do like that chance where the right back thinks about trying to get back in position, and then decides he can't be arsed.
Yeah, that's relegation defending right there.  
Yeah.... We havent just been doom merchants when we are saying we dont fancy winning even the games where the opposition have nothing to play for.

A few weeks back I woukd have backed us to beat you at home once the title was wrapped up but something has changed and there is not fight or organisation left. Confidence shot to pieces. To beat a better team only playing at 80% you still need to be close to 100% yourself. It is very doable, but it isnt for free.

A freebie is what we need currently as the players are incapable of taking it.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Entire team have been given their books and by f**k it showed the last few weeks. I'm just guessing, but it looks likely they've all been told they're getting emptied if we go down. Would explain why the only two trying are the loan players who have contracts to go home to. 

McKinnon has certainly not helped.

Most of us have had bosses that have no motivational skills and he falls into that category.

You don’t want to work for them.

57 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Do I catch it right that the co commentator says’s its more than we deserve when the second went in?

I don’t think he could have complained if that had been number 4.

I’m glad the ArabZone commentators are not so biased in their broadcasts.  :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Rugster said:

He’ll be lucky to see them in the premiership again even if they go up this season through the play offs. 

Aye that's my point. 

12 hours ago, LargsTON said:

I was knitting a sweater for my grandwean.   I might be a 70 year old female with a bad hip but I'll lay you out, Peppa Pig.

Wid

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

True. I'd like to think if I was in the 600-1k a week category for kicking a ball around that I could be arsed enough to put myself in the shop window for my next contract though. None of these duffer can though. 

Yes I agree. The majority of our players have been a disgrace.

I can’t see us coming straight back up either. We don’t have the right attitude around the club.

19 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Flynn missed a sitter against Killie in the game we were relegated from the SPL. Would have sent Killie down instead.

Really, LoL.

You wouldn't have been in that position had you not conceded a last minute equaliser against a ten man team a couple of games earlier. 

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Lewis who is the main commentator is actually very good all things considered.

The other guy is hopeless and is no different to some drunk zoomer in the seat next to you. The "I'm sorry but" nonsense is only surpassed by his lack of volume control & no awareness he has a microphone  in front of him.  He will roar at the top of his voice with no warning and I'm up & down on the remote's volume buttons so much I have contracted white finger.  

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

How much of a smile on your face did you have watching the highlights, be honest?

(It isn't shown but the Falkirk fans were standing on the wall at the end of the game losing their shit, very funny to watch.)