Relegation Confirmed - Utd v Falkirk

2 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Not mathematically if Alloa lose to ICT. Although I wouldn’t fancy us to beat Ross County at home. We’re down tonight, never mind next Saturday.

We are 9 pts from safety and a manager who doesnt shite the bed

11 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Surely United will want to build momentum into the play offs..... Please

I agree, it’s important that we continue to get decent results and performances from the team.

I think McKinnon will go into this game trying to shitfest a 0-0 with a 4-5-1 formation. That has been his trademark “going for the win” set up (both home and away). He calls it 4-3-3 because that sounds quite gung-ho.

Home win by three goals regardless of their team selection.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree, it’s important that we continue to get decent results and performances from the team.

Tannadice is our graveyard of choice. McKinnon isn’t the type of manager to go back to previous clubs, and put one over on them.

There is actually a crazy long shot where we draw at Tannadice, beat RC, and then meet Raith in the play offs and fail miserably to win either game. McKinnon could then have the amazing record of having played against his three previous clubs ten times in one season, and fail to win a single game.

Now that would be a really special cherry on his managerial cake.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

United to beat us 3-0 here IMO. Even if I was at home I wouldnt be going up to this I dont think. Will save up all my bile for the RC game at home and vent it at the tea party.

We haven't scored 3 in the league since October, so you might nick a draw.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think McKinnon will go into this game trying to shitfest a 0-0 with a 4-5-1 formation. That has been his trademark “going for the win” set up (both home and away).

that sounds oddly familiar. 

I think McKinnon will go into this game trying to shitfest a 0-0 with a 4-5-1 formation. That has been his trademark “going for the win” set up (both home and away). He calls it 4-3-3 because that sounds quite gung-ho.
Home win by three goals regardless of their team selection.
I remember back in 1996 our ex-Falkirk legend Simon Stainrod pretty much played 5 up front away at Hamilton in a desperate attempt to not be relegated, and we lost 1 0.
All I'm saying is, sometimes you're just bound for the seaside.

12 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

All I'm saying is, sometimes you're just bound for the seaside.

The benefit of hindsight will throw up a dozen or so moments where a bit of clear thinking could have altered the outcome, but as you say, sometimes the runes are cast, the key characters are in place, the planets align, and there’s no way out. This certainly feels like one of those moments.

15 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

We haven't scored 3 in the league since October, so you might nick a draw.

It’s actually November so I don’t think you are giving the juggernaut enough credit for our goal scoring exploits this season. :P