Partick Thistle defeat Ayr x2

10 hours ago, Thumper said:

On paper this is a fucking cakewalk.

Which way? For the team who have owned the other this season (but not met in 6 months), or for the team that’s been on better form in 2019 and actually has something to play for?

I don’t think it’s a cakewalk at all, in either direction. I think this is very tough to call, and a lot will come down to how McCall approaches the game. I don’t buy into him wanting to give Thistle an easy run, and whilst Ayr are confirmed in the playoffs and he may continue to rest guys, he’ll want to build up some kind of form/confidence going into them.

No Shankland would be a bonus as he’s killed us this season, but our defence would concede if Ian McCall himself played up front, so I’ve still got the fear.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if Thistle do not injure any of our players, we will give you 3 out of the 6 points, and that should be enough for you.

We need to give 3 to Alloa as we owe them big time.

But, you all have to come and support us against the highlanders in the playoffs.

They really should be playing shinty or some shit like that.

Bannigan being back from suspension is a boost, imo. A definite upgrade on Gordon and may allow Slater to play further forward.

Looking forward to a GGH cameo late on generating some seethe. The question is from which end?

29 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Which way? For the team who have owned the other this season (but not met in 6 months), or for the team that’s been on better form in 2019 and actually has something to play for?

I don’t think it’s a cakewalk at all, in either direction. I think this is very tough to call, and a lot will come down to how McCall approaches the game. I don’t buy into him wanting to give Thistle an easy run, and whilst Ayr are confirmed in the playoffs and he may continue to rest guys, he’ll want to build up some kind of form/confidence going into them.

No Shankland would be a bonus as he’s killed us this season, but our defence would concede if Ian McCall himself played up front, so I’ve still got the fear.

Likely both our  forwards are out for tomorrow, but with playing Millar upfront last game we've actually looked more dangerous on the attack. We don't really have the squad to be resting players although a few could do with it.

On paper it should be a cakewalk but there's obviously a lot more at play. You've obviously got a lot more to play for and wouldn't be surprised  if Harkins turns in an inspired performance tomorrow. We should be looking to take 4 points from the two games, but I'd settle for 2 and It'll probably be 1.

32 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Bannigan being back from suspension is a boost, imo. A definite upgrade on Gordon and may allow Slater to play further forward.

Looking forward to a GGH cameo late on generating some seethe. The question is from which end?

It's great that, even in a season like this and in times like these, fans of all teams across the land can unite to boo and mock an out-of-shape, formerly creative midfielder with an exceptionally high opinion of himself.

Not a fan of reverse psychology thread titles tbh. 

Can't see us getting 6 points as I've decided weeks ago we're going to Dumfries on the last day needing something, the results of these two games and Queens trip to Dingwall will determine whether that's one point or 3.

Hopefully we don't start with the wrong shape and team like we've done in the last two games and have to change it while losing at half time. 

I think he'll be condemned out of football after the season tbh. Having said that, played well when he came on, on Saturday. 

So... Moore and Shankland both likely to miss this? Should make it slightly more difficult for us to f**k this up, but I'm sure we'll give it a good go. 

Anyway, I imagine the line up will be something like this

Doohan

Smith Rose Muirhead Harvie

McDaid Crawford Murdoch Cadden

Miller Forrest

Which leaves Kerr and a bunch of youth players on the bench. Really not arsed to be honest, third place would be nice but we need to get to the play-offs with as close a full squad to choose from as possible.

Would be nice if we could get a chance to rest Smith, Rose, Harvie, Crawford and Murdoch at one point or another over the next 3 games but it’s probabky unlikely.

Edited by eez-eh

Personally I've had enough of Crawford.

Never slated him and always backed him till now.

A real weak link in the team in my opinion.

Passenger.

If we ever have needed players to step up and be counted, it is now.

We need guts, guile and sheer determination to try and get this done.

Even if we drag ourselves past Inverness, we need to.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Personally I've had enough of Crawford.

Never slated him and always backed him till now.

A real weak link in the team in my opinion.

Passenger.

If we ever have needed players to step up and be counted, it is now.

We need guts, guile and sheer determination to try and get this done.

Even if we drag ourselves past Inverness, we need to.

Quite like the way you've laid that out as a poem.