Partick Thistle defeat Ayr x2

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What was the bit that apparently pissed him off?

It's a couple pages back, just saying we would have lost 4 in a row should we lose the game.  How Shankland had scored 49% of our goals.  Just general, factual statistical stuff.  

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

The only offensive thing about that is they've got the last 5 results and the top scorers under the wrong headers.  Maybe McCall gets wound up about typos in text messages as well.

McColl*

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

The only offensive thing about that is they've got the last 5 results and the top scorers under the wrong headers.  Maybe McCall gets wound up about typos in text messages as well.

The cheap shot at their 2019 form was probably enough to get them up for the game.

I don't realistically think that the programme notes are to blame for us getting beat on Saturday, but it does scream amateur. Particularly when we are where we are. That would have done McCall/Coll's team talk for him.

What is to blame for us getting beat on Saturday is our utterly horrendous display by our shitebag players. Sneddon was man of the match, and kept it respectable on the scoreboard. Whilst I agree that Storey probably wasn't in the worst 5 performers on Saturday, it doesn't excuse the fact that he was still awful and is a complete waste of a wage. He can run fast, but we might as well sign an actual sprinter if that's what makes a footballer (although I can't imagine they'd be any worse).

Anderson having such a bad game (he was the worst player on the park on Saturday) was the biggest thing for me. His head clearly went down early, and was not barking orders like usual. With no-one talking them through the game, our whole defence collapsed, and it spread throughout the team. Elliott getting constantly turned inside out by Declan McDaid was particularly embarrassing. Bannigan was unable to complete 5 yard passes, Spittal was the shitebag of last season and Cardle disappeared out the game after the goal. Aside from scoring, Gordon was anonymous, which is pretty much the story of most of his games with us.

We play like that next weekend and we'll have a playoff to look forward to. Can see Caldwell going 5 at the back and sitting in to play for a point, which terrifies me.

Edited by GrahamJags

All this Elliott getting turned inside out by McDaid. That's a couple of folk said that. I didn't see that at all.

In fact I left thinking, why have folk spent the last couple of months greeting that Archie let him go. He was pish and caused Elliott next to no trouble at all.

But i get that folk don't like and never will like Elliott, so anything for a dig at him i suppose.

Edited by dave.j

9 minutes ago, dave.j said:

All this Elliott getting turned inside out by McDaid. That's a couple of folk said that. I didn't see that at all.

I thought that was a bit harsh too. McDaid got into the box a few times late in the game, but before that Elliott seems to standing up to him pretty well.

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

In fact I left thinking, why have folk spent the last couple of months greeting that Archie let him go. He was pish and caused Elliott next to no trouble at all.

But i get that folk don't like and never will like Elliott, so anything for a dig at him i suppose.

I like Elliott, and don't usually berate him but McDaid got the better of him constantly all game. McDaid's final ball wasn't great for the majority of the game though.

16 minutes ago, thisal said:

Is McCall saying his players weren't up for it until they read the programme.  Doesn't say much for his motivational skills for the previous 4 months.

Disagree, until now all the programmes have been nice about our season.  Just needed a spark. 

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

McDaid went by him about three times in a row in the second half. One of them he basically ran through Christie and just got a lucky bounce of the ball, but the other two he simply cut inside and accelerated past him.

I've been absent for a large spell but I didn't see much improvement in Elliot's ability to defend; he lets players inside far too easily, often unopposed. For the equaliser, Crawford played a 1-2  and Elliot was ball watching as he ran off him - he's good value to do that at least a handful of times per game.

I didn't think McDaid was particularly prominent on Saturday but similarly, I didn't think that was because Elliot nullified him; it was just a typical winger performance. However that said, there was definitely at least a few occasions in the second half as @Nightmare said, where McDaid got past him relatively easily.

First half all the action was right in front of me. Didn't see anything that made me think. Oh I wish we'd never let McDaid go.

What I will say is that since his injury, Elliott hasn't battered into as many 50/50s as he used to. 

First half all the action was right in front of me. Didn't see anything that made me think. Oh I wish we'd never let McDaid go.

What I will say is that since his injury, Elliott hasn't battered into as many 50/50s as he used to. 

Don’t think anyone is saying that they wish we never let McDaid go. Elliott was just having a pish game. Constantly showing him inside and never seemed to win anything against him.

1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

Don’t think anyone is saying that they wish we never let McDaid go. Elliott was just having a pish game. Constantly showing him inside and never seemed to win anything against him.

Theres plenty of folk, mostly wee weans on Twitter who seem to be greeting that we let McDaid & Nesbit go.

Elliott won plenty against him, to suggest he didn't and constantly showed him inside is really inaccurate and quite a sweeping generalisation.