Partick Thistle defeat Ayr x2

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Not gonna lie, absolutely delighted to see that it was fatty Harkins that lost his man for the winner

I also enjoyed Robbie nicking the ball off him as well. Pleasing.

I'm surprised he still gets a game at this level tbh. 

Edited by Trogdor

8 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Not gonna lie, absolutely delighted to see that it was fatty Harkins that lost his man for the winner

I'd completely forgotten when he got subbed off and the reaction until now :lol:

2 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Have to say I was wondering how Smith managed to score a goal, it's months since we've had players gambling to get on to crosses, long may it continue.

Hopefully we don't rest Smith or Harvie, consistently among our best outfield players for quite a while now, others have looked more in need of a rest in recent weeks, special mention to Harvie, the boy took a pounding for quite a while after the Talbot game, he's looked decent for quite a while now without getting much praise on these threads.

I'm just living with the hope that we turn up in the playoffs, if we do we've a fairly decent chance of succeeding.

Totally agree with this, he played really well at CH a couple of weeks back and he was one of our best players against Thistle on Tuesday night also. In all honesty I never actually believed that his form deserved the abuse he was taking since the turn of the year, however in typical age old Ayr supporting fashion, we do like to have our scapegoats and hate figures such as Robbie Crawford who currently fills that #1 berth with Harvie & Kerr vying for the #2 position.............

I’m quite pleased that McCall recognised McCowan could’ve been more involved this season and from the looks of his highlights he could be important next season.

That first goal from us is a thing of beauty. Partick stand off us but we moved the ball well and it’s a great team goal.
Good to see also a nerve was almost triggered with the Robbie Crawford bit, could tell his blood was starting to boil [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Our fans are some laugh. I think some genuinely believe Miles Storey and some volunteer who writes for the programme are entirely to blame for losing yesterday.

A volunteer who writes for the programme? 

Just so I'm clear, your saying the role of Media & Communications Executive is a non paying role at the Club?

20 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Bite? It's not an attempted wind-up. He wouldn't make my top-five worst performers yesterday.

In no particular order... Anderson, Penrice, Harkins, Cardle, Spittal? 

Was Storey your 6th worst in the starting 11? 

10 minutes ago, dave.j said:

A volunteer who writes for the programme? 

Just so I'm clear, your saying the role of Media & Communications Executive is a non paying role at the Club?

Just so you are clear that is not what I am saying.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

In no particular order... Anderson, Penrice, Harkins, Cardle, Spittal? 
Was Storey your 6th worst in the starting 11? 
Anderson, Bannigan, Harkins, Spittal...I don't think McGinty covered himself in glory yesterday, either. I can't remember a single instance where he went up with Moffat and won the ball.

Of the subs, I thought Fitzpatrick was chronic and Doolan wasn't much better, but I'll give him credit for dropping deep and trying to make things happen. There was one chance in particular that the Doolan of old would've burried with aplomb.

2 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Anderson, Bannigan, Harkins, Spittal...I don't think McGinty covered himself in glory yesterday, either. I can't remember a single instance where he went up with Moffat and won the ball.

Of the subs, I thought Fitzpatrick was chronic and Doolan wasn't much better, but I'll give him credit for dropping deep and trying to make things happen. There was one chance in particular that the Doolan of old would've burried with aplomb.

Agreed regards Fitzpatrick. He's only the future if we drop down to the third tier. But I'd say the same as Penrice. It's difficult to judge how poor he is behind the goals. Sitting in the JHS I saw first hand just how brutal he is. I'm struggling to understand what he offers going forward. Never has a player had so much space in front of him but refused to run into it.

Doolan of old would have buried that chance. Storey of today would have put it over the bar. 

No point in arranging our players in order of who had the worst game yesterday. All 10 of the outfield starters were pish, and so were the subs when they came on.

Sneddon made a few important saves and he can have pass marks.

I can’t wait until this season is over, no matter how it ends up, and hopefully we see the back of about 90% of this team.

2 minutes ago, dave.j said:

So who is this Volunteer you are throwing under the bus?

27 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Our fans are some laugh. I think some genuinely believe Miles Storey and some volunteer who writes for the programme are entirely to blame for losing yesterday.

Not exactly sure how a post saying our fans are a laugh if they believe a volunteer writing for the programme is to blame for a loss is throwing anyone under the bus but if that's what you took from it then fair enough.

20 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

No point in arranging our players in order of who had the worst game yesterday. All 10 of the outfield starters were pish, and so were the subs when they came on.

Sneddon made a few important saves and he can have pass marks.

I can’t wait until this season is over, no matter how it ends up, and hopefully we see the back of about 90% of this team.

Just how McGinty got MOTM is beyond comprehension. It was Sneddons all day long!

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Not exactly sure how a post saying our fans are a laugh if they believe a volunteer writing for the programme is to blame for a loss is throwing anyone under the bus but if that's what you took from it then fair enough.

Because I would say the CoEditor of the programme, who's nicknamed Statto would have some control or foresight over Statistics being published in the programme. 

But maybe it's some volunteers fault.

Just now, dave.j said:

Because I would say the CoEditor of the programme, who's nicknamed Statto would have some control or foresight over Statistics being published in the programme. 

But maybe it's some volunteers fault.

Looks like only one of us is desperate to throw someone under the bus here.